Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

quotes about human beings

AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

quotes about human beings Empty
MessageSujet: quotes about human beings   quotes about human beings Icon_minitimeMer 2 Juil - 14:47

register tour sign in Goodreads: Book reviews, recommendations, and discussion

search
Home My Books Friends Recommendations Explore
Get quotes daily
Join Goodreads
Quotes About Human Being

Quotes tagged as "human-being" (showing 1-30 of 59)
Sigmund Freud
“The behavior of a human being in sexual matters is often a prototype for the whole of his other modes of reaction in life.”
― Sigmund Freud, Sexuality and the Psychology of Love
tags: action, human-being, life, personality, prediction, reaction, sex 121 likes like
Criss Jami
“When I look at a person, I see a person - not a rank, not a class, not a title.”
― Criss Jami
tags: bias, class, discernment, disrespect, equality, geniune, human-being, person, rank, respect, righteous, stereotype, title 95 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“A true leader is a person whose influence inspires people to do what is expected of them to do. You cease to be a leader when you manipulate with your egos instead of convincing by your inspirations.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: appoint, appointed, appointment, behavior, behaviour, character, commander, definition-of-leadership, elect, elected, election, enthrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, function, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, ordain, organization, pastor, personal-branding, position, potential, purpose, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness, universal 26 likes like
Toni Morrison
“This is the time for every artist in every genre to do what he or she does loudly and consistently. It doesn't matter to me what your position is. You've got to keep asserting the complexity and the originality of life, and the multiplicity of it, and the facets of it. This is about being a complex human being in the world, not about finding a villain. This is no time for anything else than the best that you've got.”
― Toni Morrison
tags: art, artist, complexity, human-being, life, multiplicity 21 likes like
Friedrich Nietzsche
“What have we in common with the rosebud, which trembles because a drop of dew is lying upon it?”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
tags: human-being, rosebud 10 likes like
Joyce Vissell
“It is not about how much money we make or how big and powerful our work appears to others, it is about the love with which we put into each act of kindness toward another human being.”
― Joyce Vissell
tags: great-love, human-being, kindness, love 10 likes like
Garth Stein
“However, I don’t understand why people insist on pitting the concepts of evolution and creation against each other. Why can’t they see that spiritualism and science are one? That bodies evolve and souls evolve and the universe is a fluid place that marries them both in a wonderful package called a human being. What’s wrong with that idea?”
― Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain
tags: bodies, creation, evolution, human-being, idea, life, science, souls, spiritualism 9 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“Self-leaders are still true leaders even if they have no known followers. True leaders inspire by the influence of their characters and general self-made brands. Leadership is defined by the virtues of one's behaviour.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: appoint, appointed, appointment, behavior, behaviour, character, commander, elect, elected, election, enthrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, function, grey-hair, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, opinion, ordain, pastor, personal-branding, popular-opinion, position, potential, purpose, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness, universal 8 likes like
Maggie Shayne
“<...> I’ve
never believed there is any animal more dangerous than a human being. I never will. It’s the intelligence. It’s the mind that makes it so.”
― Maggie Shayne, Killing Me Softly
tags: animal, human-being, intelligence, mind 7 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“Contrary to popular opinion, leadership is not a reserved position for a particular group of people who were elected or appointed, ordained or enthroned. Leadership is self-made, self-retained, self-inculcated and then exposed through a faithful, sincere and examplary life.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: appoint, appointed, appointment, commander, elect, elected, election, entrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, opinion, ordain, pastor, popular-opinion, position, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness 6 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“A true leader is still a leader even when he takes up servants' duty, provided he maintains a human face and added integrity to his self-retained qualities.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: commander, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, pastor, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, servant, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness 4 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“A young child is a leader to an elderly person once his purpose has a faithful, sincere and trustworthy influence on people. Leadership is not restricted to position and age; it is self-made and influencial. Everyone has this self-leadership quality.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: a-child, a-young-child, age, appoint, appointed, appointment, child, children, commander, elder, elderly, elderly-person, elect, elected, election, enthrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, function, grey-hair, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, influencial, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, old, old-man, opinion, ordain, pastor, popular-opinion, position, positive, potential, purpose, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness, universal, youth 4 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“The concept of leadership is abused by people who think a person becomes a leader when he grows grey hair, put into a position and expected to function. Everyone has a leadership potential carried within in a specific area of his or purpose. Leadership is universal and built on trust.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: abuse, appoint, appointed, appointment, commander, elect, elected, election, entrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, function, grey-hair, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, opinion, ordain, pastor, popular-opinion, position, potential, purpose, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness, universal 4 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“You can be in your room and lead people. Just develop your potentials and publicize them and you will see people looking for your product. That is influence; self-made leaders do not look for followers. Followers look for them.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: appoint, appointed, appointment, behavior, behaviour, character, commander, elect, elected, election, enthrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, function, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, opinion, ordain, pastor, personal-branding, popular-opinion, position, potential, purpose, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness, universal 3 likes like
Ronald Wright
“Though we became experimental creatures of our own devising, it’s important to bear in mind that we had no inkling of this process, let alone its consequences, until only the last six or seven of our 100,000 generations. We have done it all sleepwalking. Nature let a few apes into the lab of evolution, switched on the lights, and left us there to mess about with an ever-growing supply of ingredients and processes.

The effect on us and the world has accumulated ever since. Let’s list a few steps between the earliest times and this: sharp stones, animal skins, useful bits of bone and wood, wild fire, tame fire, seeds for eating, seeds for planting, houses, villages, pottery, cities, metals, wheels, explosives.

What strikes one most forcefully is the acceleration, the runaway progression of change - or to put it another way, the collapsing of time. From the first chipped stone to the first smelted iron took nearly 3 million years; from the first iron to the hydrogen bomb took only 3,000.”
― Ronald Wright, A Short History of Progress
tags: civilization, evolution, history, human-being 3 likes like
Lytton Strachey
“Human beings are too important to be treated as mere symptoms of the past. They have a value which is independent of any temporal process──which is eternal, and must be felt for its own sake.”
― Lytton Strachey, Eminent Victorians
tags: human-being 3 likes like
“Man is not going to wait passively for millions of years before evolution offers him a better brain.”
― Corneliu E Giurgea
tags: brain, human-being, self-development 2 likes like
Imants Ziedonis
“Laiki nav svarīgi. Svarīgs ir cilvēks.”
― Imants Ziedonis
tags: human-being, time 2 likes like
Israelmore Ayivor
“Self-leaders do not look for followers because they are busily pursuing their influencial dreams that followers will trace and ask for. Followers look for influence and that can be obtained from self-leaders.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
tags: appoint, appointed, appointment, behavior, behaviour, character, commander, elect, elected, election, enthrone, examplary, example, faithful, faithfully, father, followers, function, grey-hair, honest, honesty, human-being, human-face, influence, inspire, integrity, israelmore-ayivor, lead, lead-people, leader, leaders, leadership, leadership-qualities, manager, officer, opinion, ordain, pastor, personal-branding, popular-opinion, position, potential, purpose, qualities, self-leaders, self-leadership, self-made, servant, sincere, sincerity, teacher, true-leader, true-leaders, true-leadership, truthful, truthfulness, universal 2 likes like
M.F. Moonzajer
“I cannot give up on my values and beliefs for the sake of respecting someone else’s values and morals. Because those values explain who am I. I prefer struggling and even dying for what I believe and what I don’t believe.
Silence is not respect; it is not condemning brutality and cruelty, and neglecting your own existence as human being. I will be killed and so many others because of standing against the fallacy and misleading notion of religions. They will torture us and cut us in pieces alive and even won’t stop disrespecting our death bodies; that is how these monsters have been governing for hundreds thousands of years.”
― M.F. Moonzajer
tags: beliefs, fallacy, human-being, killing, misleading-notion, morals, respect, respecting, silence, struggling, torture, values 2 likes like
Umberto Eco
“L'essere umano è davvero una creatura straordinaria. Ha scoperto il fuoco, edificato città, scritto magnifiche poesie, dato interpretazioni del mondo, inventato mitologie etc... Ma allo stesso tempo non ha smesso di fare la guerra ai suoi simili, non ha smesso di ingannarsi, di distruggere l'ambiente circostante. La somma algebrica fra vigore intellettuale e coglioneria dà un risultato quasi nullo. Dunque, decidendo di parlare di imbecillità, rendiamo in un certo senso omaggio a questa creatura che è per metà geniale, per metà imbecille”
― Umberto Eco, Non sperate di liberarvi dei libri
tags: essere-umano, genialità, genius, human-being, stupidity, stupidità 1 likes like
“Perry was leaning into my mother as he listened to what she said. They talked so close. He only leaned closer, his hands on the table, his leg touching hers.
"It's so risky," my mother said. "Why are you doing this?"
"Because I'm human being. Because we're all human beings."
My mother closed her eyes and winced. Maybe her hearing aid was ringing and bothering her, but as I watched her turn down the volume, I wanted to tell her right then that she couldn't quiet all those outside voices forever.”
― Margaret McMullan, Sources of Light
tags: because, bothering, hearing-aid, human-being, human-beings, outside-voices, quiet, voices, volume, why 1 likes like
“When you meet another human being who genuinely Loves you unconditionally and Adores you, please love them back and respect them, and thank them again and again and again...”
― Charmaine J Forde
tags: adore, human-being, unconditionally 1 likes like
“One is to a human and other is to adopt humanity”
― Qasim Raza Qadri
tags: human, human-being, humanity, inspirational-quotes 0 likes like
“Never take an advantage over wrong thing,
A smile can work against anything.
Being human must to all living ones,
Never think to rule over human being.”
― Kaushal S. Kiroula
tags: human-being, inspirational 0 likes like
Wm. Paul Young
“Every human being is a universe within themselves. Your mother and father participated with God to create a soul who would never cease to exist. Your parents, as cocreators, supplied the stuff, genetics and more, uniquely combined to form a masterpiece, not flawless but still astounding; and we took from their hands what they brought to us, submitting to their timing and history and added what only we could bring to them- life. You were conceived, a living wonder who exploded into being.”
― Wm. Paul Young, Cross Roads
tags: human-being 0 likes like
“We are Not a Human Beings having a spiritual experience : we are spiritual beings having a Human Experience !”
― Suraj Dahal
tags: experience, human-being, spirituality 0 likes like
“I am the universe in one human being.”
― Khalid Masood
tags: human-being, universe 0 likes like
Robert Penn Warren
“--that the human being is a very complicated contraption and that they are not good or bad but are good and bad and the good comes out of the bad and the bad out of good, and the devil take the hindmost”
― Robert Penn Warren, All the King's Men
tags: human-being 0 likes like
“It's always better, To be Unguided, Than Misguided!!!”
― Santosh Adbhut Kumar
tags: guide, human-being, inspirational, success 0 likes like
« previous 1 2 next »
All Quotes | My Quotes | Add A Quote

Browse By Tag

love (31682) humor (26992) inspirational (22921) life (20793) funny (7072) romance (6491) death (6200) writing (6025) truth (5714) god (5572) wisdom (5407) poetry (5100) philosophy (4927) religion (4714) science (4194) inspiration (4108) happiness (4005) books (3911) faith (3589) relationships (3558) humour (3244) inspirational-quotes (3228) success (3167) politics (2967) hope (2949) reading (2940) art (2916) motivational (2874) women (2867) friendship (2841) More...
© 2014 Goodreads Inc about us advertise author program jobs api our blog terms privacy help switch to: mobile version
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

quotes about human beings
Page 1 sur 1