Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-14%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Apple MacBook Air (2020) 13,3″ Puce Apple M1 – RAM 8Go/SSD 256Go
799 € 930 €
Voir le deal

philosophical quotes

Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

philosophical quotes  Empty
MessageSujet: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Fév - 15:41

10 JAN 2010

register tour sign in Goodreads: Book reviews, recommendations, and discussion

search
Home My Books Friends Recommendations
genres
listopia
giveaways
popular
goodreads voice
ebooks
fun
trivia
quizzes
quotes
community
groups
creative writing
people
events
Explore
Get quotes daily
Facebook Sign in with Facebook Sign in
options
Quotes About Philosophy Of Life

Quotes tagged as "philosophy-of-life" (showing 1-30 of 396)
Lewis Carroll
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tags: alice-s-adventures-in-wonderland, humor, inspirational, philosophy-of-life, psychological 8376 likes like
George Bernard Shaw
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
tags: life, philosophy, philosophy-of-life, progress 1914 likes like
Dale Renton
“When what you hear and what you see don't match, trust your eyes.”
― Dale Renton
tags: philosophy-of-life, relationships 292 likes like
C.S. Lewis
“Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.”
― C.S. Lewis
tags: philosophy-of-life 287 likes like
“Don't bite off more than you can chew because nobody looks attractive spitting it back out.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: humor, life-and-living, life-lessons, philisophical, philosophy-of-life 177 likes like
Chetan Bhagat
“Disappointment will come when your effort does not give you the expected return. If things don’t go as planned or if you face failure. Failure is extremely difficult to handle, but those that do come out stronger. What did this failure teach me? is the question you will need to ask. You will feel miserable. You will want to quit, like I wanted to when nine publishers rejected my first book. Some IITians kill themselves over low grades – how silly is that? But that is how much failure can hurt you. But it’s life. If challenges could always be overcome, they would cease to be a challenge. And remember – if you are failing at something, that means you are at your limit or potential. And that’s where you want to be.
Disappointment’ s cousin is Frustration, the second storm. Have you ever been frustrated? It happens when things are stuck. This is especially relevant in India. From traffic jams to getting that job you deserve, sometimes things take so long that you don’t know if you chose the right goal. After books, I set the goal of writing for Bollywood, as I thought they needed writers. I am called extremely lucky, but it took me five years to get close to a release. Frustration saps excitement, and turns your initial energy into something negative, making you a bitter person. How did I deal with it? A realistic assessment of the time involved – movies take a long time to make even though they are watched quickly, seeking a certain enjoyment in the process rather than the end result – at least I was learning how to write scripts, having a side plan – I had my third book to write and even something as simple as pleasurable distractions in your life – friends, food, travel can help you overcome it. Remember, nothing is to be taken seriously. Frustration is a sign somewhere, you took it too seriously.”
― Chetan Bhagat
tags: disappointment, philosophy-of-life, spark 172 likes like
Voltaire
“Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.”
― Voltaire
tags: philosophy-of-life 159 likes like
“No matter how many plans you make or how much in control you are, life is always winging it.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: life-and-death, life-and-living, philosophical, philosophy-of-life, spontaneity 121 likes like
“The moment you stop trying to become a better person, is the moment you start to become worse than what you already are.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: philisophical, philosophy, philosophy-of-life, philosophy-of-people 98 likes like
Terry Pratchett
“Nanny's philosophy of life was to do what seemed like a good idea at the time, and do it as hard as possible. It had never let her down.”
― Terry Pratchett, Maskerade
tags: philosophy-of-life 97 likes like
Albert Camus
“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”
― Albert Camus
tags: philosophy-of-life 91 likes like
Epictetus
“How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason? You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them. What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self-improvement to him? You are no longer a boy, but a full-grown man. If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself, you will not notice that you are making no progress, but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary.
From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown-up who is making progress, and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside. And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable, or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games, you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event. That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered. And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates.”
― Epictetus
tags: philosophy-of-life 78 likes like
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
“Human evolution has two steps -
from being somebody to being nobody;
and from being nobody to being everybody.
This knowledge can bring
sharing and caring throughout the world.”
― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
tags: advice, philosophy-of-life 73 likes like
Isaac Asimov
“I have never, in all my life, not for one moment, been tempted toward religion of any kind. The fact is that I feel no spiritual void. I have my philosophy of life, which does not include any aspect of the supernatural and which I find totally satisfying. I am, in short, a rationalist and believe only that which reason tells me is so.”
― Isaac Asimov, I. Asimov: A Memoir
tags: atheism, philosophy-of-life, religion 72 likes like
Phyllis Diller
“My recipe for dealing with anger and frustration: set the kitchen timer for twenty minutes, cry, rant, and rave, and at the sound of the bell, simmer down and go about business as usual.”
― Phyllis Diller
tags: philosophy-of-life 70 likes like
“The only thing standing between you and your dreams is ... reluctance.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: dreams, dreams-inspirational, philosophical, philosophy, philosophy-of-life 64 likes like
E. Lockhart
“We can't know or say what other people do. You have to think what you want to do to get the situation where you want it to be.”
― E. Lockhart, The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them
tags: life, philosophy-of-life 58 likes like
Italo Calvino
“Reading is going toward something that is about to be, and no one yet knows what it will be.”
― Italo Calvino, If on a Winter's Night a Traveler
tags: books, philosophy-of-life, reading 48 likes like
Jostein Gaarder
“It takes billions of years to create a human being. And it takes only a few seconds to die.”
― Jostein Gaarder, Maya
tags: philosophy-of-life 48 likes like
E. Lockhart
“If you don't want to be in an argument with someone, it is probably best to try to solve the problem, rather than lying around hoping the other person will do it for you.”
― E. Lockhart, The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them
tags: arguments, philosophy-of-life 48 likes like
Mircea Eliade
“Dacă omul va uita cu desăvârşire că există moarte, că există un sfârşit, riscăm să ne întoarcem la maimuţe. Explicaţia este simplă: omul activ, omul creator, este excitat mai ales de ideea că într-o zi se va termina totul, că va avea un sfârşit, o odihnă definitivă. Cultivă la maximum conştiinţa acestui sfârşit, şi vei obţine de la oameni cele mai extraordinare eforturi. Cine ştie asta incontinuu este în stare să ridice munţii, este în stare de cele mai crâncene libertăţi, de cele mai curajoase acte.”
― Mircea Eliade, Huliganii
tags: philosophy-of-life 47 likes like
“Nothing is as it seems, but something is everything it is made out to be.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: philosophical, philosophy, philosophy-of-life, thinkers, thinking 38 likes like
“When people say they hate life, to what are they comparing it to? The alternative isn't any more appealing.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: philisophical, philosophy-of-life, philosphy, philsophical-thought 32 likes like
Arthur Schopenhauer
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
― Arthur Schopenhauer
tags: philosophy-of-life 31 likes like
Mahmoud Darwish
“Have I had two roads, I would have chosen their third.”
― Mahmoud Darwish, In the Presence of Absence
tags: mahmoud-darwish, philosophy-of-life, poetry-quotes 29 likes like
“Time changes nothing, girl, but the size of your underwear. . .and hopefully your hairdo.”
― Minton Sparks
tags: humor, philosophy-of-life, poet, storyteller 23 likes like
Keith Caserta
“No matter where you go, there you are.”
― Keith Caserta
tags: humor, philosophy-of-life 23 likes like
Hermann Hesse
“Alas, Siddhartha, I see you suffering, but you're suffering a pain at which one would like to laugh, at which you'll soon laugh for yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
tags: philosophy-of-life 21 likes like
Carol Rifka Brunt
“Maybe you had to be dying to finally get to do what you wanted.

I fidgeted around with the puzzle pieces for a while longer, but I wasn't lucky. Nothing seemed to fit without a whole lot of work.

Then I had this thought: What if it was enough to realize that you would die someday, that none of this would go on forever? Would that be enough?”
― Carol Rifka Brunt, Tell the Wolves I'm Home
tags: choices, dying, philosophy-of-life 17 likes like
Preeti Shenoy
“It is always the little things that build up. Often there is no dramatic reason for discontent in marriages. It seeps in slowly over the years.
You don't even notice it creeping in. It happens, trickle by trickle.
You do not realise when or how the easy familiarity gets replaced by a 'taken-for-granted' attitude over the years. By the time you do, it is often late. Habits have been formed, patterns have been set. And a comfort-zone have been established.

A zone that is hard to get out of.”
― Preeti Shenoy, The Secret Wish List
tags: philosophy-of-life 13 likes like
« previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 … 13 14 next »
All Quotes | My Quotes | Add A Quote

Browse By Tag

love (26013) humor (22997) inspirational (19366) life (17685) funny (6532) romance (5394) death (5355) writing (5328) truth (4874) god (4690) religion (4412) poetry (4307) philosophy (4301) wisdom (4090) books (3434) happiness (3411) science (3311) inspiration (3073) faith (3029) humour (2922) relationships (2885) politics (2665) reading (2611) inspirational-quotes (2589) art (2575) success (2486) war (2455) women (2444) hope (2400) friendship (2380) More...
© 2014 Goodreads Inc about us advertise author program jobs api our blog terms privacy help switch to: mobile version
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Fév - 15:41

register tour sign in Goodreads: Book reviews, recommendations, and discussion

search
Home My Books Friends Recommendations
genres
listopia
giveaways
popular
goodreads voice
ebooks
fun
trivia
quizzes
quotes
community
groups
creative writing
people
events
Explore
Get quotes daily
Facebook Sign in with Facebook Sign in
options
Quotes About Life Philosophy

Quotes tagged as "life-philosophy" (showing 1-30 of 309)
Bohdi Sanders
“Focus on making yourself better, not on thinking that you are better.”
― Bohdi Sanders, The Secrets of Worldly Wisdom: Your Key to Unlocking Success
tags: best-books, excellence, good-books, happin, inspirational, inspirational-life, inspirational-quotes, life, life-and-living, life-experience, life-lessons, life-philosophy, life-quotes, motivation, motivational-quotes, wisdom 129 likes like
Craig Lancaster
“Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”
― Craig Lancaster, Quantum Physics and the Art of Departure
tags: life-philosophy 127 likes like
Vanessa Diffenbaugh
“Anyone can grow into something beautiful.”
― Vanessa Diffenbaugh, The Language of Flowers
tags: life-philosophy 103 likes like
Louise Erdrich
“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up.”
― Louise Erdrich, The Painted Drum
tags: life-lessons, life-philosophy, love 87 likes like
Alexander McCall Smith
“It was time to take the pumpkin out of the pot and eat it. In the final analysis, that was what solved these big problems of life. You could think and think and get nowhere, but you still had to eat your pumpkin. That brought you down to earth. That gave you a reason for going on. Pumpkin.”
― Alexander McCall Smith, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
tags: food, life, life-philosophy, philosophy, pumpkin 70 likes like
Bill Watterson
“If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?”
― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: It's a Magical World
tags: life-philosophy 61 likes like
Andy Warhol
“Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, "So what."
"My mother didn't love me." So what.
"My husband won't ball me. So what.
"I'm a success but I'm still alone." So what.
I don't know how I made it through all the years before I learned how to do that trick. It took a long time for me to learn it, but once you do, you never forget.”
― Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol
tags: life-philosophy 51 likes like
“There's no shame in enjoying the quiet life.”
― Daniel Radcliffe
tags: inspirational, life-philosophy 45 likes like
Robyn Schneider
“I wondered what things what things became when you no longer needed them, and I wondered what the future would hold once we'd gotten past our personal tragedies and proven them ultimately survivable.”
― Robyn Schneider, The Beginning of Everything
tags: life-philosophy, tragedy-of-life 35 likes like
Ayu Utami
“manusia mungkin tidak punya kapasitas untuk mengampuni (barangkali hanya Tuhan yang bisa mengampuni), maka yang bisa kita lakukan adalah berdamai. Berdamai dengan sisi gelap yang tak bisa kita kuasai”
― Ayu Utami, Manjali dan Cakrabirawa
tags: life-philosophy 30 likes like
Simon Morden
“People like us, we think differently, don't we? We are different. We do all the things that others do. But when it comes down to it, we don't need anyone else. We're happy doing what we do and having obligation interferes with that. And sometimes I think we don't even need ourselves. What's most important is to find out whether we're right or not.”
― Simon Morden, Equations of Life
tags: life-philosophy, obligation, reflection, righteousness, self-discovery, self-esteem, selfishness, way-of-thinking 25 likes like
Richard Bach
“Jonathan Seagull discovered that boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that a gull's life is so short, and with those gone from his thought, he lived a long fine life indeed.”
― Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
tags: life-philosophy 25 likes like
واسيني الأعرج
“احذر،لا تخاطر مع الحقيقة..اكتف بما لديك من جزئياتها،حينما تعرف الكل،لاشيء ينقذك من حتمية الجنون”
― واسيني الأعرج, طوق الياسمين
tags: life-philosophy, truth, الجنون, الحقيقة 24 likes like
“What you seek you shall never find.
For when the Gods made man,
They kept immortality to themselves.
Fill your belly.
Day and night make merry.
Let Days be full of joy.
Love the child who holds your hand.
Let your wife delight in your embrace.
For these alone are the concerns of man.”
― The Epic of Gilgamesh
tags: a-dirty-job, immortality, life-philosophy 22 likes like
Glen Duncan
“You love life because life's all there is.”
― Glen Duncan, The Last Werewolf
tags: life-philosophy 20 likes like
Shunryu Suzuki
“To have some deep feeling about Buddhism is not the point; we just do what we should do, like eating supper and going to bed. This is Buddhism.”
― Shunryu Suzuki, ZEN MIND, BEGINNER'S MIND: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice
tags: buddhism, life-philosophy, phlilosophy, zen-buddhism 19 likes like
Mercedes Lackey
“There’s no such thing as `one, true way’; the only answers worth having are the ones you find for yourself; leave the world better than you found it. Love, freedom, and the chance to do some good — they’re the things worth living and dying for, and if you aren’t willing to die for the things worth living for, you might as well turn in your membership in the human race.”
― Mercedes Lackey, Brightly Burning
tags: gods, inspirational, life-philosophy, truth 17 likes like
Janet Evanovich
“Maybe it's just not the right time for us to be married. I don't want to be a bounty hunter for the rest of my life, but I certainly don't want to be a housewife right now. And I really don't want to be married to someone who gives me ultimatums.

And maybe Joe needs to examine what he wants from a wife. He was raised in a traditional Italian household with a stay-at-home mother and domineering father. If he wants a wife who will fit into that mold, I'm not for him. I might be a stay-at-home mother someday, but I'll always be trying to fly off the garage roof. That's just who I am.”
― Janet Evanovich, Seven Up
tags: life-philosophy 15 likes like
“Impossible is Nothing,” it said. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
― Elna Baker, The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance: A Memoir
tags: impossible, life-philosophy, potential 13 likes like
“I feel like I am either on the cusp of something great, or standing on the edge of my abyss, discovering something brand new, or uncovering somebody elses lost imagination.”
― Carroll Bryant
tags: life, life-philosophy, life_universe_everything, philisophical, philisophical-life, philosphy, retrospect 11 likes like
Barbara Rogan
“Life's full of surprises, and they ain't all bad.”
― Barbara Rogan
tags: life-philosophy 11 likes like
Janet Evanovich
“He's going to jail. He can't see. He can't hear. He can't take a leak that lasts under fifteen minutes. But he has an erection and all the other problems are small change. Next time around I'm coming back as a man. Priorities are clearly defined. Life is simple.”
― Janet Evanovich, Seven Up
tags: humor, life-philosophy 11 likes like
David Eddings
“The whole world is beautiful, Belgarion' Eriond assured him in response to that unspoken thought. 'You just have to know how to look at it”
― David Eddings, King of the Murgos
tags: eriond, life-philosophy, wisdom 10 likes like
Chinua Achebe
“A man who pays respect to the great paves the way for his own greatness”
― Chinua Achebe
tags: life-philosophy 8 likes like
“Did I help someone to realize a dream they thought they'd lost?
Did I listen when someone told me the reward is worth the cost?
Did I praise someone for their efforts and encourage someone toward their dreams?
Did I help someone to understand the end never justifies the means?
Did I make someone laugh and smile when they would much, rather frown?
Was I the one who picked them up when everyone put them down?
Am I, the one they confide in and know their conversations secure?
Did I provide them with someone to trust in knowing their friendship will always endure?
Am I humble and constantly striving to become more than I was yesterday?
Did I focus on the successes of others and follow through with all that I say?
If I constantly strive to become the one who can say I did to did I's.
Then my life is fulfilled, knowing I have achieved life's greatest prize.”
― Carl Morris
tags: life-philosophy 8 likes like
Deb Caletti
“If you don't participate, you're just taking up oxygen. (Bunny)
Life is a banquet. Approach it with hunger. (Chuck)”
― Deb Caletti, Wild Roses
tags: life-philosophy, p110 7 likes like
ميلان كونديرا
“هذه هي الاسئلة ذاتها التي تجول في رأي تيريزا منذ الصغر .ذلك لأن الاسئلة الهامة فعلا تلك التي يصوغها طفل . وحدها الاسئله الساذجة هي الاسئله الهامة فعلا . تلك الاسئله التي تبقي من دون جواب . ان سؤال من دون جواب حاجز لا طرقات بعده . وبطريقة اخري الاسئلة التي تبقي دون جواب هي التي تشير الي حدود الامكانات الانسانية ، وهي التي ترسم حدود وجودنا”
― ميلان كونديرا
tags: life-philosophy 5 likes like
Per Anders Fogelström
“...en av de mänskliga rättigheterna måste vara den att för en tid få
dra sig undan allt som händer och sitta så här vid sidan av skeendet,
få vända världen ryggen ett ögonblick medan solen lyser och hjärtat fortsätter att dunka.”
― Per Anders Fogelström, Stad i världen
tags: beautiful-writing, life-philosophy 4 likes like
“Love cost its like working a full time job you got to put work and effort into it,and that's why it fails with a lot of people because they on the job part time !!! #GeminiStatus”
― jojo1980
tags: advice, life-philosophy, love, love-hurts, trust-honesty, truth 4 likes like
Odille Rault
“Trying to change the outside by making changes to the outside, is like trying to make your lips red in your reflection by putting lipstick on the mirror!”
― Odille Rault
tags: law-of-attraction, law-of-attraction-quotes, life-philosophy, loa 3 likes like
« previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 next »
All Quotes | My Quotes | Add A Quote

Browse By Tag

love (26004) humor (22978) inspirational (19357) life (17677) funny (6530) romance (5394) death (5353) writing (5328) truth (4874) god (4687) religion (4410) poetry (4307) philosophy (4301) wisdom (4090) books (3434) happiness (3411) science (3305) inspiration (3073) faith (3029) humour (2922) relationships (2882) politics (2663) reading (2610) inspirational-quotes (2589) art (2574) success (2486) war (2455) women (2443) hope (2400) friendship (2380) More...
© 2014 Goodreads Inc about us advertise author program jobs api our blog terms privacy help switch to: mobile version
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Fév - 15:44

Someone else is happy with less than what you have

don't worry about what people say behind your back, they are the people who are finding faults in your life instead of fixing the faults in their own life .

there are far better things ahead than any we leave behind

Welcome to The Quote Garden!
celebrating 16 years online 1998-2014

Quotations about Life

Homepage
RELATED QUOTES
Attitude
Death
Family
Love
Wise Words

Homepage

SITE NAVIGATION
Quotation Index
FAQ & Contact
Twitter
Bookmark Us
QuoteHug.com
Privacy Notice

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

The purpose of life is a life of purpose. ~Attributed to both Ludwig Wittgenstein and Robert Byrne

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White

Life is simple, it's just not easy. ~Author Unknown

A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't. ~Richard Bach

Life is not always fair. Sometimes you get a splinter sliding down a rainbow. ~Terri Guillemets

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things. ~Henry David Thoreau

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey

Life is a foreign language: all men mispronounce it. ~Christopher Morley, Thunder on the Left

Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee,
And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.
~Robert Frost, "Cluster of Faith," 1962

In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. ~Kathy Norris

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. ~Emily Dickinson

Yes, I will try to be. Because I believe that not being is arrogant. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

You fall out of your mother's womb, you crawl across open country under fire, and drop into your grave. ~Quentin Crisp

As we struggle to make sense of things, life looks on in repose. ~Author Unknown

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. ~Arthur Miller

Life is like a blanket too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night. ~Marion Howard

Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while. ~Author Unknown

You can't escape history, or the needs and neuroses you've picked up like layers and layers of tartar on your teeth. ~Charles Johnson

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. ~Danny Kaye

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. ~Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~Lillian Dickson

We are born wet, naked, and hungry. Then things get worse. ~Author Unknown

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up. ~Author Unknown

Life is a cement trampoline. ~Howard Nordberg

To preserve a man alive in the midst of so many chances and hostilities, is as great a miracle as to create him. ~Jeremy Taylor

Life... is like a box of chocolates - a cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that no one ever asks for, unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're stuck with mostly undefinable whipped mint crap, mindlessly wolfed down when there's nothing else to eat while you're watching the game. Sure, once is a while you get a peanut butter cup or an English toffee but it's gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. In the end, you are left with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts, which, if you are desperate enough to eat, leaves nothing but an empty box of useless brown paper. ~The X-Files

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled. ~Author Unknown

Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer. ~Jim Carrey

The great business of life is to be, to do, to do without, and to depart. ~John, Viscount Morley, Address on Aphorisms

Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. ~Erich Fromm

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. ~Cary Grant

To live remains an art which everyone must learn, and which no one can teach. ~Havelock Ellis

Living involves tearing up one rough draft after another. ~Author Unknown

My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn. ~Louis Adamic

No man lives without jostling and being jostled; in all ways he has to elbow himself through the world, giving and receiving offence. ~Thomas Carlyle, Sir Walter Scott, in London and Westminster Review, 12 November 1838

Don't think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire. I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drive into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark. ~Samuel Johnson

Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I am with you kid. Let's go." ~Maya Angelou

Life has meaning only if one barters it day by day for something other than itself. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Why torture yourself when life'll do it for you? ~Author Unknown

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. ~George Bernard Shaw, The Doctor's Dilemma, 1906

Puritans will never believe it, but life is full of disagreeable things that aren't even good for you. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

'Tis all a chequer board of nights and days,
Where destiny with men for pieces plays;
Hither and thither, and mates, and slays.
~Edward Fitzgerald, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyám, 1859

Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in. ~Dennis P. Costea, Jr.

...the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse. ~Walt Whitman, "O Me! O Life!", Leaves of Grass

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. ~Mark Twain

Life is the game that must be played. ~Edwin Arlington Robinson

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. ~Albert Camus

There is no wealth but life. ~John Ruskin

I know what things are good: friendship and work and conversation. These I shall have. ~Rupert Brooke

Life will always remain a gamble, with prizes sometimes for the imprudent, and blanks so often to the wise. ~Jerome K. Jerome

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. ~Henry David Thoreau

I've learned never to be surprised if what must inevitably happen happens right now. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is not a final. It's daily pop quizzes. ~Author Unknown

Eating, loving, singing and digesting are, in truth, the four acts of the comic opera known as life, and they pass like bubbles of a bottle of champagne. Whoever lets them break without having enjoyed them is a complete fool. ~Gioacchino Rossini

We mourn the transitory things and fret under the yoke of the immutable ones. ~Paul Eldridge

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. ~T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Life was a damned muddle - a football game with everyone offside and the referee gotten rid of - everyone claiming the referee would have been on his side. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. ~Anton Chekhov

Following straight lines shortens distances, and also life. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid. ~Frederick Buechner

Life is like sailing. You can use any wind to go in any direction. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is so largely controlled by chance that its conduct can be but a perpetual improvisation. ~W. Somerset Maugham

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love. ~Diego Marchi

Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

I count life just a stuff
To try the soul's strength on.
~Robert Browning

Today, fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter. ~Dodinsky, www.dodinsky.com

Life may have no meaning. Or even worse, it may have a meaning of which I disapprove. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Life is an incurable Disease. ~Abraham Cowley

Different shades of life make the painting more beautiful. ~Mike Dolan, www.hawaiianlife.com

The philosophy of mine earth can be summed as this: Sunshine creates happiness, and I create myself. Nights are long and life is predominantly good. Wind is refreshing. Tea is wisdom. Do the best you can, and be good to yourself so that you can above all be good to others. ~Jessi Lane Adams

Human life is purely a matter of deciding what's important to you. ~Anonymous

For if there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life. ~Albert Camus

Life is not so bad if you have plenty of luck, a good physique, and not too much imagination. ~Christopher Isherwood

I ask of life to shine meaning in everyone who is searching. ~Aurora Hernandez

The only way to have a life is to commit to it like crazy. ~Angelina Jolie

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do. ~Bruce Crampton

Life is a mixed blessing, which we vainly try to unmix. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

In masks outrageous and austere
The years go by in single file;
But none has merited my fear,
And none has quite escaped my smile.
~Elinor Hoyt Wylie, Let No Charitable Hope

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire

The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss. ~Thomas Carlyle

I say to my child, I will explain to you as much of life as I can, but you must remember that there is a part of life for which you are the explanation. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. ~Havelock Ellis

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week. ~Joseph Addison

We tear life out of life to use it for looking at itself. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Fortunately analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself remains a very effective therapist. ~Karen Horney, Our Inner Conflicts, 1945, referring to psychoanalysis

Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.
~From an inn in Lancaster, England

All human things hang on a slender thread, the strongest fall with a sudden crash. ~Ovid

The tragedy of life is not that man loses, but that he almost wins. ~Heywood Broun

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance. ~Author Unknown

When compiling his great dictionary, the young Noah Webster travels to the Himalayas, where he climbs to the cave of the world's wisest man. "O, great sage," he says, "tell me the meaning of life." The sage sits Noah at his feet and, with great solemnity, commences to unfold the meaning of life. When finished, he places a hand on the young man's shoulder and says, "Do you have any other questions, my son?" Noah flips a page in his notebook and says, "You wouldn't know the meaning of lift, would you?" ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is a long process of getting tired. ~Samuel Butler

I really enjoy life I'm just not good at it. ~Daniel, @blindedpoet

He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for. ~Moroccan Proverb

The kaleidoscope of colour which is my life, shows the interesting choices I've made along the way. ~Antie Koekie

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. ~Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

I wish to die knowing that I took a fleeting instant of eternity and fashioned from it a lifetime. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only question is how. ~Henry Ward Beecher

The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live. ~Flora Whittemore

Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. ~Douglas Adams

Suppose the world were only one of God's jokes, would you work any the less to make it a good joke instead of a bad one? ~George Bernard Shaw

There is a time early in life when there seem to be countless reasons for happiness, and then you discover your mom is making them up. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost

To whoever invented fantasy, redwood trees, and apple pie for breakfast: well done. ~Dr. SunWolf, professorsunwolf.com

Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~Charles Schulz

There is no finish line. ~Nike advertisement

It may be life is only worthwhile at moments. Perhaps that is all we ought to expect. ~Sherwood Anderson

I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse. I only owe it to the horse's good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment. ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

The art of life is the art of avoiding pain. ~Thomas Jefferson

Serenity of spirit and turbulence of action should make up the sum of a man's life. ~Vita Sackville-West

The fear of life is the favorite disease of the 20th century. ~William Lyon Phelps

Most men make the voyage of life as if they carried sealed orders which they were not to open till they were fairly in mid-ocean. ~James Russell Lowell

In the end, no thought is unthinkable, no problem unshrinkable, no two strangers unlinkable. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. ~Charlie Brown

The world is a grindstone and life is your nose. ~Fred Allen

Not unfortunately the universe is wild - game-flavoured as a hawk's wing. ~B.P. Blood

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth. ~Chinese Proverb

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child - our own two eyes. All is a miracle. ~Thich Nhat Hanh

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. ~Douglas Adams

Life can be easy, it is only question of choosing between solutions and illusions. ~Didier D’haese

Everything which is properly business we must keep carefully separate from life. Business requires earnestness and method; life must have a freed handling. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Life is made up of constant calls to action, and we seldom have time for more than hastily contrived answers. ~Learned Hand

The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat as intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening. It is a little star dust caught, a segment of the rainbow which I have clutched. ~Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Life is the sum of all your choices. ~Albert Camus

Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living. ~Søren Kierkegaard

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~Author Unknown

Life is a brief opportunity to do something prehumously. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is the fire that burns and the sun that gives light. Life is the wind and the rain and the thunder in the sky. Life is matter and is earth, what is and what is not, and what beyond is in Eternity. ~Seneca

Out of a hundred years a few minutes were made that stayed with me, not a hundred years. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, where X is work, Y is play, and Z is keep your mouth shut. ~Albert Einstein

I gave my life to learning how to live.
Now that I have organized it all...
It is just about over.
~Sandra Hochman

There are very few human beings who receive the truth, complete and staggering, by instant illumination. Most of them acquire it fragment by fragment, on a small scale, by successive developments, cellularly, like a laborious mosaic. ~Anaïs Nin

Life is not fair, nor has it ever been, but the morning seems determined to dawn until it is. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is a horizontal fall. ~Jean Cocteau

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. ~Dr. Seuss

[P]erhaps nothing 'ud be a lesson to us if it didn't come too late. It's well we should feel as life's a reckoning we can't make twice over; there's no real making amends in this world, any more nor you can mend a wrong subtraction by doing your addition right. ~George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), Adam Bede

Only a few things are really important. ~Marie Dressler

We are like people with short-term leases on summer cottages; we can never seem to make our provisions come out even with our stay. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The movement of life has to rest in its own music. ~Rabindranath Tagore

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware. ~Henry Miller

Everything that occurs in your life is part of God's plan to wake you up. ~Leonard Jacobson

Life is like eating artichokes; you have got to go through so much to get so little. ~Thomas Aloysius Dorgan

Summing up, it is clear the future holds great opportunities. It also holds pitfalls. The trick will be to avoid the pitfalls, seize the opportunities, and get back home by six o'clock. ~Woody Allen, "My Speech to the Graduates," Side Effects, 1980

There is a lesson we learn early and harmlessly, or late and traumatically - that there are things we can break that our parents can't fix. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth. ~Martin H. Fischer

Life is beautiful if you flow with its natural beauty. Resistance makes it ugly. ~Terri Guillemets

Life has no auto-settings. No batteries. You gots to wind it up! ~Jeb Dickerson, www.howtomatter.com

Situated in some nebulous distance I do what I do so that the universal balance of which I am a part may remain a balance. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Few of us write great novels; all of us live them. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Life's like a novel with the end ripped out. ~Danny Orton and Blair Daly, "Stand"

If you stop struggling, then you stop life. ~Huey Newton

Sometimes questions are more important than answers. ~Nancy Willard, quoted in The Meaning of Life, compiled by Hugh S. Moorhead

[A]s if life were a thunder-storm wherein you can see by a flash the horizon, and then cannot see your hand.... ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Letters and Social Aims, "Inspiration"

It is while you are patiently toiling at the little tasks of life that the meaning and shape of the great whole of life dawn on you. ~Phillips Brooks

My quest for cosmic understanding is a book I have picked up and put down many times, always forgetting to insert a bookmark. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

There is a strange reluctance on the part of most people to admit that they enjoy life. ~William Lyon Phelps

The world itself is but a series of footnotes to a vast unfinished masterpiece. ~Vladimir Nabokov

The swing on your porch is a better liver of life than the chair in front of your desk. ~Terri Guillemets

Thoreau once thought the moon was larger over the United States than over the Old World, the sky bluer, the stars brighter, the thunder louder, the rivers longer, the mountains higher, the prairies vaster, and he mystically concluded that the spirit of man in America should be larger and more expansive "else why was America discovered?" Thoreau was wrong, and Thoreau was right. There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it, and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself. ~Lin Yutang, On the Wisdom of America

One day can make your life. One day can ruin your life. All life is is four or five big days that change everything. ~Riding in Cars with Boys, Beverly Donofrio (book), Morgan Ward (screenplay)

Life isn't fair, but it's still good. ~Author Unknown

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like, "What?!" ~"Phil's-osophy" by Phil Dunphy (Christopher Lloyd, Steven Levitan, and Dan O'Shannon, Modern Family, "Schooled," original airdate 2012 Oct 10)

Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children; life is the other way around. ~David Lodge, The British Museum Is Falling Down, 1965

If a man in the morning hear the right way, he may die in the evening without regret. ~Confucius

To drink the sunshine and to dream at night.... ~Author Unknown, "The Fall of Man"

Each day of human life contains joy and anger, pain and pleasure, darkness and light, growth and decay. Each moment is etched with nature's grand design - do not try to deny or oppose the cosmic order of things. ~Morihei Ueshiba

The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature. ~Joseph Campbell

I have always preferred the reflection of the life to life itself. ~François Truffaut

You don't want to get to the end of life's journey and discover you never left the interstate. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

In small proportions we just beauties see,
And in short measures life may perfect be.
~Ben Jonson, To the Immortal Memory and Friendship of that Noble Pair, Sir Lucius Cary and Sir H. Morison, 1640

We should give meaning to life, not wait for life to give us meaning. ~Stacy

Let me ask you, O, you men of the time, who are bent upon pleasure... I beg of you, if by some chance this obscure book falls into your hands, do not smile with noble disdain, do not shrug your shoulders; do not be too sure that I complain of an imaginary evil; do not be too sure that human reason is the most beautiful of faculties, that there is nothing real here below but quotations on the Bourse, gambling in the salon, wine on the table, a healthy body, indifference toward others, and the orgies which come with the night.
For some day, across your stagnant life, a gust of wind will blow. Those beautiful trees that you water with the stream of oblivion, Providence will destroy; you will be reduced to despair.... in short I tell you, all frozen as you are, you are capable of loving something; some fiber of your being will be torn and you will give vent to a cry that will resemble a moan of pain. Some day, wandering about the muddy streets, when daily material joys shall have failed, you will find yourself seated disconsolately on a deserted bench at midnight.
O! men of marble, sublime egoists, inimitable reasoners who have never given way to despair or made a mistake in arithmetic, if this ever happens to you, at the hour of your ruin you will remember Abelard when he lost Heloise....
Believe me, when in your distress you think of Abelard you will not look with the same eye... you will feel that the human reason can cure illusions but not sorrows; that God has use for Reason but He has not made her the sister of Charity.... You will look about you for something like hope, you will shake the doors of churches to see if they still swing, but you will find them walled up... destiny will mock at you and for reply give you a bottle of wine.... ~Alfred de Musset, The Confession of a Child of the Century/La Confession d'un enfant du siècle, 1836, translated from French by Kendall Warren

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing

Life always bursts the boundaries of formulas. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Flight to Arras, 1942, translated from French by Lewis Galantière

Live for the roots
Love the green
Dance with the blossoms
~Terri Guillemets

[L]ife is a journey and not a destination... the heart must be set upon those matters of character which are eternal and not upon those matters of sensation which pass away. ~Lynn H. Hough

Life is a process by which a few desperate longings morph into a thousand meaningless wants. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Many of us are equal to life's emergencies who cannot bear its day-after-dayness. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Life is like an onion; you peel off layer after layer and then you find there is nothing in it. ~James Gibbons Huneker

Life is not having been told that the man has just waxed the floor. ~Ogden Nash

I do like a little bit of butter to my bread. ~A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. ~Audrey Hepburn

No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made silently. ~Agnes de Mille

How we long to remove the clutter from our lives not realizing that the clutter is our lives. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life may be defined to be the power of self-augmentation or assimilation, not of self-nurture; for then a steam-engine over a coal-pit might be made to live. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

My friend asked me the essence of life and I smiled. ~Mike Dolan, www.hawaiianlife.com

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. ~Henry Van Dyke

People find it hard to be both comic and serious, though life manages it easily enough. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Shall I redirect my life's journey because down some sideroad might be some trifle I'm entitled to? ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Life is a long lesson in humility. ~James M. Barrie

It has done me good to be somewhat parched by the heat and drenched by the rain of life. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

There is a what-the-hell moment in life when you feel you have been pre-punished for every sin you'll ever commit. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

You fool,
You have been dangling
For such a long time!
When will you seize the opportunity
Or feel the necessity
To untangle the taut knot
Of your bondage-life?
~Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames

In life, as in restaurants, we swallow a lot of indigestible stuff just because it comes with the dinner. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Life seems nothing more than a quick succession of busy nothings." ~From the movie Mansfield Park

After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn't it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked—as I am surprisingly often—why I bother to get up in the mornings. ~Richard Dawkins

Reason and justice tell me there's more love for humanity in electricity and steam than in chastity and vegetarianism. ~Anton Chekhov

To live is like to love - all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it. ~Samuel Butler

Life is easier than you'd think; all that is necessary is to accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, and bear the intolerable. ~Kathleen Norris

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. ~Mark Twain

Our search should not be a flight from life. ~TKV Desikachar

[T]hat blessed mood,
In which the burthen of the mystery,
In which the heavy and the weary weight
Of all this unintelligible world,
Is lightened:—that serene and blessed mood,
In which the affections gently lead us on,—
Until, the breath of this corporeal frame
And even the motion of our human blood
Almost suspended, we are laid asleep
In body, and become a living soul:
While with an eye made quiet by the power
Of harmony, and the deep power of joy,
We see into the life of things.
~William Wordsworth, 1798

Though the circular round-and-round of routine be the bulk of life's affairs, make an occasional jutting diversion — of fun, love, or something that will outlast you — so the shape and motion of your life shall resemble the round lifegiving sun with bright rays shining forth from all directions. ~Terri Guillemets

Life's a party. Invite yourself. ~Gary Johnson

You can hope for a miracle in your life, or you can realize that your life is the miracle. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

One wanders through life as if wandering through a field in the dark of night, wearing a blindfold and very heavy shoes, with a poisonous toad waiting patiently beneath a clump of weeds, knowing full well that eventually you will step on him. ~Lemony Snicket

Beauty is precious, you see, and the more beautiful something is, the more precious it is; and the more precious something is, the more it hurts us that it will fade away; and the more we are hurt by beauty, the more we love the world; and the more we love it, the more we are saddened that it is like finely powdered salt that runs away through the fingers, or is puffed away by the wind, or is washed away by the rain. ~Louis de Bernières, Birds Without Wings

Though we live amid promiscuous pressures, spiritual clutter and forgetfulness, we probably still value the integrity of life. ~Baker Brownell, The College and the Community, 1952

Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow. ~Author Unknown

There are people who so arrange their lives that they feed themselves only on side dishes. ~José Ortega y Gasset

The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination. But the combination is locked up in the safe. ~Peter De Vries, Let Me Count the Ways, 1965

Every creatures stalks some other, and catches it, and is caught. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

A great part of life consists in contemplating what we cannot cure. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

I have come one step away from everything. And here I stay, far from everything, one step away. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Star Trek fans usually know the metaphors of life better than most mainstream poets. ~Terri Guillemets

Life is like a cobweb, not an organization chart. ~H. Ross Perot

A man who has work that suits him and a wife, whom he loves, has squared his accounts with life. ~Friedrich Hegel

Anxiety and distress, interrupted occasionally by pleasure, is the normal course of man's existence. ~Joseph Wood Krutch

Life is one big judgment call. ~Terri Guillemets

Lifeless with a heartbeat. ~Daniel, @blindedpoet

There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle. Deepak Chopra

I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I'm not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here, and what the question might mean. I might think about it a little bit, but if I can't figure it out, then I go on to something else. But I don't have to know an answer.... I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me. ~Richard Phillips Feynman

Life is just a series of trying to make up your mind. ~Timothy Fuller

Life is a series of family photos in which you keep moving to the rear until finally you're a portrait in the background. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

The history of man for the nine months preceding his birth would, probably, be far more interesting and contain events of greater moment than all the three score and ten years that follow it. ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The Song of Love, the Song of Hate,
the Songs of Praise and of Thanksgiving;
I've learned them all, but there remains
one called the Melody of Living.
~Frederic Ridgely Torrence, The House of a Hundred Lights: A Psalm of Experience After Reading a Couplet of Bidpai, 1899

Perhaps we are looking at this from a wrong perspective; this search for the truth, the meaning of life, the reason of God. We all have this mindset that the answers are so complex and so vast that it is almost impossible to comprehend. I think, on the contrary, that the answers are so simple; so simple that it is staring us straight in the face, screaming its lungs out, and yet we fail to notice it. We're looking through a telescope, searching the stars for the answer, when the answer is actually a speck of dirt on the telescope lens. ~Jason Q., from generationterrorists.com

Life is little more than a loan shark: It exacts a very high rate of interest for the few pleasures it concedes. ~Luigi Pirandello

There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Life never tires of testing the proposition that life must go on. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line. ~H.L. Mencken

Almost everything in life is easier to get into than out of. ~Agnes' Law

Chance is always powerful, let your hook always be cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. ~Ovid

Wars and elections are both too big and too small to matter in the long run. The daily work - that goes on, it adds up. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

Life is a series of collisions with the future. ~José Ortega y Gasset

To the student I would say, "Life is principally multiple choice, but at the end there's a tough essay question." ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Life is half spent before we know what it is. ~George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum, 1651

When life throws you lemons, make orange juice. It will leave them wondering how the hell you did that. ~Author Unknown

Why does a person even get up in the morning? You have breakfast, you floss your teeth so you'll have healthy gums in your old age, and then you get in your car and drive down I-10 and die. Life is so stupid I can't stand it. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust — we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper. ~Albert Einstein, in The Saturday Evening Post, 26 October 1929

After a lifetime of deep thought, I've decided that life is a distraction, but probably not from anything important. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Jack Palance: "Do you know what the secret of life is? One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and everything else don't mean shit."
Billy Crystal: "Yeah, but what's that one thing?"
Jack Palance: "That's what you've got to figure out."
~From the movie City Slickers

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. ~Dennis Wholey

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hair stylist you like. ~Author Unknown

Why do critics make such an outcry against tragicomedies? is not life one? ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. ~Crowfoot, 1890, as quoted in Catch the Whisper of the Wind compiled by Cheewa James

Life never tires of testing the proposition that life must go on. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Have you noticed that life, real honest-to-goodness life, with murders and catastrophes and fabulous inheritances, happens almost exclusively in the newspapers? ~Jean Anouilh, The Rehearsal, 1950

Life is great. Don't let circumstances and society fool you into believing it's not. ~Terri Guillemets

God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny. ~Garrison Keillor

Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive. ~Mel Brooks

Unbeing dead isn't being alive. ~e.e. cummings

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious. ~Brendan Gill

Life is a series of family photos in which eventually you stop showing up. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

The blanket of life is kind and warm for those who can find its snuggle. ~Terri Guillemets

When we are alone on a starlit night, when by chance we see the migrating birds in autumn descending on a grove of junipers to rest and eat; when we see children in a moment when they are really children, when we know love in our own hearts; or when, like the Japanese poet, Basho, we hear an old frog land in a quiet pond with a solitary splash - at such times the awakening, the turning inside out of all values, the "newness," the emptiness and the purity of vision that make themselves evident, all these provide a glimpse of the cosmic dance. ~Thomas Merton

Page Information:
www.quotegarden.com/life.html
Last modified 2014 Feb 01 Sat 13:50 PST

Find Your Way HOME Quote Index FAQ & Contact Twitter QuoteHug Privacy

Homepage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:32

http://www.abundance-and-happiness.com/perseverance-quotes.html

Life is about perservance and the ability to overcome any obstacle.

Mike Alt's Perseverance Blog
Can't is not an Excuse
About
Posted by: altmike | September 24, 2012
Can’t is not an Excuse
When someone tells you can’t do something, you have two choices; you can believe them and choose to accept the notion that your abilities are less than adequate because of an excuse. Or, you can deny that person credit for their statement and prove them wrong. I don’t believe that the word “Can’t,” should ever be used as justification for someone to not accomplish something. No matter what obstacle a person is faced with, I believe that without a doubt they can overcome it if they believe in themselves.

I was born with a birth defect that left me with only a thumb and a pinky on each hand. To say the least I was put at a disadvantage compared to my peers from the get go, however I never let that limit me in any facet of my life. When I was 1 year old a doctor told my parents that I would struggle playing on the monkey bars…that I would struggle playing sports…but that I “should” be able to do things like all of the other kids. The best thing my parents ever told me was that “You can do anything you put your mind to, you may have to do it differently, but there is nothing you can’t do.” I took this to heart throughout school and refused to let anyone tell me differently. Now I am 22 years old and relentlessly challenge myself physically. I play every sport possible and coach High School tennis. It is truly my passion to inspire and motivate others.

Many people often talk about how perseverance is possible no matter the circumstance; I am here to exemplify that first hand. I know what it’s like to be told that you aren’t good enough and that because of limitations beyond your control, you will never be as good as so and so. These are all things said to deter someone from accomplishing their goals. With the right mindset, anything is possible.

With this blog I want provide people with a story that I hope people can relate to and also use as motivation to accomplish their personal goals. I plan to talk about a few other individuals who have risen above the odds. These people include athletes like Jim Abbott and Anthony Robles, along with a few local Reno individuals that have been successful as well. My goal is simple; inspire the world.

Can’t is not an excuse.

Share this:
TwitterFacebook

RelatedMotivating Our Youth
Advice for limb difference families
Surround yourself with positivity
With 1 comment
Posted in Uncategorized

From the Beginning »
RESPONSES

What an inspiration you are to our family and to others. I was crushed when I found out about your hands after your birth, but I saw in your parents and sister’s eyes how much they loved and cared for you. You always impressed me and your Uncle John and we both knew what your parent’s knew that you could do anything you put your mind to. You inspire me everyday and I’m so proud to be your Aunt.

By: Judy Bridwell on September 29, 2012
at 7:28 pm

Auntie Thank you so much. It is family and people like you that inspired me and gave me the courage to start this blog. I can’t even begin to thank you enough for all that you have done for me throughout my life!

By: altmike on October 2, 2012
at 12:49 pm

Well said Mike. I’d consider going one step further and challenge people to replace can’t with “choose not to..” It adds a new dimension of personal responsibility when we set out to achieve goals.

By: Alex Barba on October 2, 2012
at 2:22 pm

Wow, I’m so excited I discovered this blog! I got here via the link Molly posted about your piece on the Lucky Fin Project. I’m also a blogger with a limb difference.

Caitlin
http://streamofcaitlinness.com

By: Caitlin Pereiras (@Caitlinness) on June 4, 2013
at 10:08 am

Mike,
I found your blog through the Lucky FIn Project. My son (7) was born with a limb difference. We tell him all the time that he can do everything that other kids can do (and more, if he sets his mind to it!) He has been teased about his hand, which is so hard for him (and me… is it wrong to want to kick a 6 year old’s ass?), but he/we are learning to deal with it together. So glad to have found this blog! Inspiration!
Laura

By: Laura on June 5, 2013
at 10:06 am

Thank you so much for the comment Laura! I was literally laughing so hard when I read what you said bout wanting to kick a 6 yr olds ass! I too have considered the morality of doing that at times as well. The best thing you can do for your son is to support him. Whatever his passions are in life, feed them! And always expose him to different things, for instance, growing up my parents didnt shy away from allowing me to use chop sticks because they thought I would get frustrated. Instead, they told me every time I tried that I could do it,but it would take practice and now I can use them better than half the people I know. I wish you and your son all the best!

By: altmike on June 10, 2013
at 11:14 pm

LEAVE A REPLY

CATEGORIES
Uncategorized
ABOUT ME

Hi my name is Mike. I am going to be blogging about perservance and the ability to overcome any obstacle.

BLOGS I FOLLOW
Prudence's Place
Coach Barandeh
zenhabits
Lolly Daskal
Tony Robbins Blog
RSS - Posts
RSS - Comments
ARCHIVES
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
June 2013
May 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
BLOGROLL
Discuss
Search
FOLLOW BLOG VIA EMAIL
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 33 other followers

Blog at WordPress.com. | The Ocean Mist Theme.

Follow
Follow “Mike Alt's Perseverance Blog”

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 33 other followers

Powered by WordPress.com
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:33

motivation MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES

there is really very little you can't accomplish in your lifetime.

nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/3-keys-to-realizing-your-dreams-and-goals/

https://www.leadershipnow.com/passionquotes.html

There is no way by which we can substitute the authority of GOD for the virtue of man.

'Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who make excuses and those who get results.

Motivational Quotes And Quotations

motivational quotes

The simple solution for disappointment depression: Get up and get moving. Physically move. Do. Act. Get going.

Peter McWilliams

he only thing that separates successful people from the ones who aren't is the willingness to work very very hard.

Helen Gurley Brown (1922 - ) American writer & editor of Cosmopolitan magazine

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who make excuses and those who get results. An excuse person will find any excuse for why a job was not done, and a results person will find any reason why it can be done. Be a creator, not a reactor."

Alan Cohen, Author

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.

David Starr Jordon

You are younger today than you will ever be again. Make use of it for the sake of tomorrow.

Norman Cousins, editor

If you feel good, you will probably do your best even if your best does not justify you feeling good!

John Watson

Any man's life will be filled with constant and unexpected encouragement if he makes up his mind to do his level best each day.

Booker T. Washington

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.

Steve Irwin

Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz, Author

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.

Mark Twain

When we TAKE ACTION on what we learn, GREAT things happen.

Mike Litman

The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

William Wordsworth 1770-1850, Poet

I can accept failure -- everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.

Michael Jordan, basketball player

Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

My greatest point is my persistence. I nevër give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories.

Björn Borg, Swedish Tennis Player

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented, fabulous?'

Actually who are you NOT to be?

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightening about shrinking
so that others won't feel unsure around you.

As we let our own light shine, we unconciously
give others permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Nelson Mandela

Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.

Winston Churchill

A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our world; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed.

Earl Nightingale

Resistance and obstacles crumble under the relentless pressure of constant, determined effort.

Tracy Brinkmann

What I do is prepare myself until I know I can do what I have to do.

Joe Namath

Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.

Robert Collier

It is very rare that you meet with obstacles in this world (that) the humblest man has not the faculties to surmount.

Henry David Thoreau, philosopher

The cause of the confusion prevailing in your mind that weakens your thoughts is the false belief that there is a power or powers outside you greater than the power within you.

The Message of a Master by John McDonald

"A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline."

Harvey Mackay

I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone , Arizona . It says: "Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest." I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do.

Harry Truman, 33rd US president

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to
pursue them.

Walt Disney

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Theodore Roosevelt, 26th US president

The only one who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen.

Nike Advertisement

PF - Persistent Focus - make a choice, make it work,
never give up

Joe Clayton

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good
therefore that I can do, or any kindness or ablities that I
can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me
not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way
again.

William Penn

Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

Carrie Fisher

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.

Peter Drucker, management consultant

I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up
the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to
rain, it will.

Clint Eastwood, Actor and Director

Remember, if you don't have a goal you're not playing football, you're just kicking a ball around the park.

Geoff Thompson

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Confucius (Chinese Philosopher) 551-479 B.C.

It's the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles.

Claude M. Bristol 1891-1951, Author of The Magic of Believing

I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?

General George S. Patton

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.

Brian Tracy

Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.

Coach John Wooden

If one advances confidenly in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to lead a life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.

Henry David Thoreau

A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses those skills to accomplish his goals.

Larry Bird, basketball player

By thought, the thing you want is brought to you; by action you receive it.

Wallace D. Wattles

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

Robin Williams, American Actor and Comedian

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.

Albert Einstein, 1879-1955, German-born American Physicist

When we see ourselves in a situation which must be endured
and gone through, it is best to make up our minds to it, meet it with firmness, and accommodate everything to it in the best way practicable. This lessens the evil, while fretting and fuming only serves to increase your own torments.

Thomas Jefferson, 3rd U.S. President

A wrong action may not bring its reaction at once, even
as fresh milk turns not sour at once: like a smouldering
fire concealed under ashes it consumes the wrongdoer, the fool.

The Buddha

One day or another every athlete feels like taking it easy. He stops trying to
exceed his limits, and thinks he can keep winning because of his lucky star,
or the bad luck of his opponents. You must overcome this negative instinct,
which affects all of us, and which is the only difference between the person
who wins a race, and those who lose. This is the battle you have to fight
every day of your life.

Jesse Owens

You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. You don't have charge of the constellations, but you do have charge of whether you read, develop new skills, and take new classes.

Jim Rohn

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were
going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.

Og Mandino, Author

When you take a risk and step out of the norm, you run the risk and sometimes you fail. But you only fail if you give up.

J Peterman

Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life.

Jean Paul Richter, 1763-1825, German Novelist

Ageing footballers never lose their commitment; they just lose their pace

Gary Lineker, England footballer

Anticipate meeting obstacles, but also anticipate overcoming them

Emmanuel Segui

if you get moving, you get motivated. Even random movement will motivate you.

Paul Myers

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that
you'll never walk alone.

Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993) British Actress

The journey may be hard, exhausting, and frustrating ... but you can accomplish practically anything if you persevere.

Paul Lawrence Screen Writer

A minute's success pays the failure of years.

Robert Browning

It is only our deeds that reveal who we are.

Carl Jung, psychiatrist

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.

Orison Swett Marden

When we are dealing with people's dreams-their visions, we are in the realm of the sacred. We are involved with forces and energies larger than our own. We invoke the Great Creator when we invoke our own creativity, and that creative force has the power to alter lives, fulfill destinies, and answer our dreams."

Julia Cameron, author

It only takes one person to change your life - you.

Ruth Casey

People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.

Bob Hope, 1903-2003, British-American Entertainer

In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.

Albert Clarke, photographer

That which we persist in doing becomes easy to do; not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do has increased.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: inspiration or desperation

Jim Rohn

I am not going to ease up, let up, shut up or give up until I'm taken up. As a matter of fact I'm just getting warmed up.

Zig Ziglar after 50 years as a motivational speaker .

It's the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles.

Claude M. Bristol, Author

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them.

Aristotle

The best way to get started is to stop talking and begin doing.

Walt Disney

We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents.

Eric Hoffer, Author and Philosopher

I studied the lives of great men and women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work.

Harry S. Truman 1884-1972, Thirty-Third U.S. President

If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent.

Isaac Newton, mathematician, physicist

The key to having everything we want lies in expanding our definition of what's possible and focusing on what we want. That's it! Once we believe in the possibility of anything and focus in on exactly what we want to have, exactly what we want to do, then our minds can take us there.

Mark Victor Hansen

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

David Brinkley

The secret of joy is contained in one word -- excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.

Pearl S. Buck, author

The key to happiness is having dreams; the key to success is making them come true.

James Allen

Genius is initiative on fire.

Holbrook Jackson, writer and publisher

A better life will come your way the second you get up and start walking toward it.

Jason Gracia

It is good to create good plans and to set goals. Working on them and getting results is much better.

John Delavera

The one important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one's work seriously and taking one's self seriously. The first is imperative and the second is disastrous.

Margaret Fontey, Author

Greatness is not where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.

Oliver Wendall Holmes

The evasion of responsibility is the major cause of most peoples frustrations and defeats.

Ayn Rand, author, philosopher

Goals. There's no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There's no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there's no telling what will happen when you act upon them.

Jim Rohn

Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.

Mother Teresa

Science and psychology have isolated the one prime cause for success or failure in life. It is the hidden self-image you have of yourself.

Bob Proctor, author and speaker

Even though you know a thousand things, ask the man who knows one.

Turkish Proverb

When a fantasy turns you on, your obligated to God and nature to start doing it--right
away.

Stewart Brand

Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:33

Keeping score of old scores and scars, getting even and one-upping, always make you less than you are.

Malcolm Forbes 1919-1990, Author and Publisher

Sometimes saying no to one task helps you have the energy you need for another task you really want to do!

Christopher Westra

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

Albert Einstein, scientist

Feed your big dream with tiny daily successes.

John Delavera

I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has to get down to work.

Pearl S. Buck, American Author

When it comes to Good Ideas, there's no such thing as possible or impossible… there's just doing and not doing. And hey-- If you try and fail, well at least you tried, right? Wrong! If at first you fail, keep at it till you succeed!

Mike Litman

Our aspirations are our possibilities.

Robert Browning, poet

If you believe in unlimited quality and act in all your business dealings with total integrity, the rest will take care of itself.

Frank Perdue, Founder of Perdue Chicken

Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.

Albert Schweitzer, doctor and missionary

If you're not succeeding yet, take heart. As long as you keep trying, with persistence and determination, there will be a way for you to succeed.

David Vallieres

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896, Novelist

The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell
you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.

Denis Waitley, author and speaker

Focus more on your desire than on your doubt, and the dream will take care of itself. You may be surprised at how easily this happens. Your doubts are not as powerful as your desires, unless you make them so.

Marcia Wieder Speaker and Author

At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.

Christopher Reeve (1952-2004) American Actor

No matter how small and unimportant what we are doing may seem, if we do it well, it may soon become the step that will lead us to better things.

Channing Pollock Actor, Writer and Composer

Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Samuel Johnson

Most people come and go without leaving their footprints on the Earth. Most die and never really live, afraid of taking chances, afraid of failing and afraid of succeeding and all the scrutiny that it would bring.

Mike Brescia

The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.

Theodore Rubin, playwright

I like to think of sales as the ability to gracefully persuade, not manipulate, a person or persons into a win-win situation.

Bo Bennett

Yes - Action is the key! Cuz - when we take action we get a result - it might not always be the result we want but nevertheless it's a result - something we can learn from.

David Ryan

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lao Tzu

Your past doesn't determine your future. We can all learn from our mistakes… the only inexcusable mistake is packing it in and giving up.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:34

Mike Litman

He who has begun has half done. Dare to be wise - begin!

Horace, poet, satirist

Some people expect success and that's exactly what they get. Sadly, most people
expect to fail and, likewise, that's exactly what they get. I'm interested in working with people who EXPECT success.

Ryan Deiss, Internet Entrepreneur

"Thinking is action..... but there is nothing on this earth as powerful as consistent, bold, physical action."

Robert Ringer

We gain internal freedom through external actions.

Ram Dass

Do not wait; the time will never be just right.

Napoleon Hill, author

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Confucius, Philosopher
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous andthe storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.

Vincent Van Gogh

Doing easily what others find is difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius.

Henri Frederic Amiel, writer

Where many people go wrong in trying to reach their goals is in constantly looking for the big hit, the home run, the magic answer that suddenly transforms their dreams into reality. The problem is that the big hit never comes without a great deal of little hits first. Success in most things comes not from some gigantic stroke of fate, but from simple, incremental progress.

Andrew Wood

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted .

Aldous Huxley, writer

You need just the right amount of ambition . . . If you have too little ambition, you don’t push or work hard. If you have too much ambition, you put yourself ahead of others, elbow them out of your way.

Andy Grove, Intel chairman and co-founder

Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill, 1883-1970, Author of "Think and Grow Rich"

Management is nothing more than motivating other people.

Lee Iacocca

I realized early on - no one's going to pay me for doing nothing.

Michelle Dewberry, Winner of the Apprentice UK 2006

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

Mother Teresa, 1910-1997, Missionary

I praise loudly; I blame softly.

Catherine the Second (1729-1796) Russian Empress

God gives talent; work transforms talent into genius.

Anna Pavlova, ballerina

If I’m selecting a group, the first thing I look for is a record of achievement . . . If (candidates achieve) in small things, there’s a very good chance they’ll perform well in big things.

Edmund Hillary, explorer

You've got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.

Chris Evert, tennis champion

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.

Samuel Ullman 1840-1924, Educator, Writer and Poet

My life as a writer consists of 1/8 talent and 7/8 discipline .

John Irving, writer

Start small; Think possibilities; Reach beyond your known abilities; Invest all you have in your dream; Visualize miracles; Expect to experience success.

Rev. Robert H Schuller

Man can live for about forty days without food, and about three days without water, about eight minutes without air ... but only for one second without hope.

Hal Lindsey

Action seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not.

William James, psychologist and philosopher

If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.

Colin Powell. American Military leader and Statesman.

Just as a small fire is extinguished by the storm whereas a large fire is enhanced by it - likewise a weak faith is weakened by predicament and catastrophes whereas a strong faith is strengthened by them.

Viktor E. Frankl 1905-1997 Holocaust Survivor

The key that unlocks energy is desire. It's also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited.

Earl Nightingale, 1921-1989, Radio Announcer and Author

Whatever you choose to believe, will be the concept that runs your mind.

Joe Vitale, author

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming.

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

When we accept tough jobs as a challenge and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen.

Arland Gilbert,Writer

Live out of your imagination instead of out of your memory.

Les Brown, speaker and author

Those who are blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with follow-through who excel.

Mary Kay Ash, May Kay Cosmetics founder

A mind that's most in tune with objective reality enjoys the highest level of mental health. Self-delusion is the disease of the middle-class thinker. The first step in the journey towards world-class results is giving up any addiction to kidding yourself about how good you are in any area of your life. Kid the world, if you so desire, but never kid yourself.

Steve Siebold, author, 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, never give up then, for that is just the time that the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe, Writer and Abolitionist

Old soldiers will tell you to sleep whenever you can...because you never know when you'll be able to do it again.

Roy Miller

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Maria Robinson

You are the only problem you will ever have and you are the only solution.

Bob Proctor

Someday, after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energy of love; and for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Pierre Teilhard De Chardin

There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

Hindu proverb

Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success.

Louisa May Alcott, Author

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or ablities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me
not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

William Penn

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.

Jim Valvano

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.

Gloria Steinem, Author and Journalist

A great deal of my work is in honesty and truth - these are the cornerstones of motivation. It's much more than getting excited and running out the door with a big grin on your face. It's about letting the facts of life hit you and drive you toward a better life.

Jason Gracia

The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention.

Duguet

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

David Rosam

Your muscles don't know what the date on your birth certificate is. They know only whether or not they have been exercised recently.

Peter G. Hanson, medical doctor and author

The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those inner qualities that make all men human and, therefore, brothers.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing ever built arose to touch the skies unless some man dreamed that it should, some man believed that it could, and some man willed that it must.

Charles Kettering, inventor

Just begin and the mind grows heated; continue, and the task will be completed!

Goethe

There is a law in psychology that if you form a picture in your mind of what you would like to be, and you keep and hold that picture there long enough, you will soon become exactly as you have been thinking.

William James 1842-1910, Psychologist and Author

Do your work with your whole heart and you will succeed - there's so little competition.

Elbert Hubbard, writer and editor

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.

Claude M. Bristol 1891-1951, Author of The Magic of Believing

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read.

Mark Twain

If at first you don’t succeed, think how many people you’ve made happy.

H. Duane Black

My brain is the key that sets me free.

Harry Houdini, 1874-1926, Escapologist

By nature we have no defect that could not become a strength, no strength that could not become a defect

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. German Playwright, Poet

I should never have made my success in life if I had not bestowed upon the least thing I have ever undertaken the same attention and care that I have bestowed upon the greatest.

Charles Dickens

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember this whole thing was started by a mouse.

Walt Disney 1901-1966, Artist and Film Producer

The lesson is forcibly taught by these observations that our life might be much easier and simpler than we make it; that the world might be a happier place than it is; that there is no need of struggles, convulsions, and despairs, of the wringing of the hands and the gnashing of the teeth; that we mis-create our own evils. We interfere with the optimism of nature; for whenever we get this vantage-ground of the past, or of a wiser mind in the present, we are able to discern that we are begirt with laws which execute themselves. The face of external nature teaches the same lesson. Nature will not have us fret and fume.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.

Jennie Jerome Churchill, 1854-1921, Mother of Winston Churchill

Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who holds a low opinion of himself

Anthony Trollope.

We come into this world crying while all around us are smiling. May we so live that we go out of this world smiling while everybody
around us is weeping.

Persian proverb

"But try," you urge, "the trying shall suffice; The aim, if reached or not, makes great the life: Try to be Shakespeare, leave the rest to fate!"

Robert Browning (1812 - 1889) English Poet

To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy.

Bette Davis (1908 - 1989) American Actress

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

George Eliot (1819 - 1880) English Novelist

Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at the Sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground.

Zora Neale Hurston (1903 - 1960) American Writer

There was no such thing as half-trying. Whether it was running a race or catching a football, competing in school -- we were to try. And we were to try harder than anyone else. We might not be the best, and none of us were, but we were to make the effort to be the best.

Robert F. Kennedy (1925 - 1968) American Politician

If you cannot understand that there is something in a man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won't see why we go. What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy.

George Leigh Mallory (1886 - 1924) English Mountain Climber

Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best.

David McKay (1873 - 1970) American Religious Leader

Men can be stimulated to show off their good qualities to the leader who seems to think they have good qualities.

John Richelsen

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of hard work, preparation, and learning from failure.

General Colin Powell

We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our fears.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld, author and essayist

Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him.

Romain Gary (1914-1980) French Writer

Listening is a high art of loving. Ask yourself, 'When was the last time I really listened to my child? My parent? My brother or sister?' When someone is ready to share, three magic words amplify your connection, and they are: 'Tell me more.'

Rev. Mary Manin Morrissey

Many years ago hanging on the office wall was a caricature of a young man. His hair was disheveled and his face portrayed the look of frustration and aggravation. The words next to him summed up that look... "God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I'll never die!!"

Ann Rusnak

Seek respect mainly from thyself, for it comes first from within.

Steven H. Coogler

If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.

Lance Armstrong, bicycle racer

Action and Persistence is your key to success,

Michael Nicholas

Do not think a man has done his full duty when he has performed the work assigned him. A man will never rise if he does only this. Promotion comes from exceptional work.

Andrew Carnegie, industrialist

Men give me credit for genius. All the genius I have lies in this: When I have a subject in hand, I study it profoundly. Day and night, it is before me. I explore it in all its bearings. My mind becomes pervaded with it. Then ... people are pleased to call [the effort that I made] the fruit of genius. It is the fruit of labor and thought."

Alexander Hamilton
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:34

Leap, and the net appears.

Julia Cameron

Often a certain abdication of prudence and foresight is an element of success.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.

Sophia Loren (1934- ) Italian Actress

Courage is doing what your mind and body do not want to do

The Paras

The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident.

Charles Lamb (1775-1834) British Essayist

It has been said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon 1834-1892, Preacher

If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough."

Oprah Winfrey

To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American Poet

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Ahmad

The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.

Ralph W. Sockman, minister

The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish Dramatist and Poet

Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he should be, and he will become what he could be.

Ralph Waldo Emerson. American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882

We cannot always control our thoughts, but we can control our words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, and we are then master of the situation.

Florence Scovel Shinn Artist, Teacher and Author

One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.

Henry Ford

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Walt Disney

All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible.

Dr. Frank Richards (1875-1961) English Writer

I am dying with the help of too many physicians

Alexander the Great

Don't bother about genius. Don't worry about being clever. Trust to hard work, perseverance and determination.

Sir Frederick Treves (1853-1923) English Surgeon

It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”

Elinor Smith, aviator

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:35

The harder I work out and the better my diet is, the more my genetics improve.

Unknown

When nothing is sure, everything is possible.

Margaret Drabble (1939-) English Novelist

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Plato, 427-347 B.C., Greek Philosopher

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.

Winston Churchill, British statesman

When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way.

Wayne Dyer, American motivational Speaker and Author of self-help best selling books. b.1940

Courage is being scared to death -- but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

If you have made mistakes...there is always another chance for you...you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford (1893-1979) Canadian Actress

The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what the man or woman is able to do that counts.

Booker T. Washington 1856-1915, Educator and Reformer

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Thomas Edison

Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is sign on as its accomplice.

Tom Watson. American Golfer. b.1949

Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to "jump at the Sun." We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground.

Zora Neale Hurston (1903-1960) American Writer

When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen.

Arland Gilbert

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.

Helen Keller (1880-1968) American Writer

A professional is a man who can do his best at a time when he doesn’t particularly feel like it.

Alistair Cooke, broadcaster

Nothing external to you has any power over you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson. American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882

The world we are experiencing today is the result of our collective consciousness, and if we want a new world, each of us must start taking responsibility for helping create it.

Rosemary Fillmore Rhea, A New Heaven and New Earth

Every achiever that I have ever met says, 'My life turned around when I began to believe in me."

Dr. Robert Schuller Minister and Author

The one thing that matters is the effort.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.

Amelia Earhart

I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot...and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan Professional Basketball Player

The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.

Thomas Edison 1847-1931, Inventor

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.

Lyndon B. Johnson, 1908-1973, 36th President of the United States

To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are.

Muhammad Ali World Champion Boxer

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.

Pablo Picasso 1881-1973, Artist

You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.

George Lucas

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.  Make big plans, aim high in hope and work.

Daniel H. Burnham

The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.

William James, psychologist

Making plans to take action is not action. You must take action right nöw.

Andreas Ohrt

Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.

Benjamin Disraeli 1804-1881, British Statesman and Prime Minister

We have worked at full speed since May. And that is I'm persuaded the root and source and origin of all health and happiness, provided of course that one rides work as a man rides a great horse, in a spirited and independent way; not a drudge, but a man with spurs to his heels.

Virginia Woolf (1882-1941) English Writer (Writing in her journal about her life as a publisher and writer.)

The best way to be inspired is to inspire. When you talk about a subject you love, with animation and joy, and a deeply-felt excitement, your listener can't help but feel your inspiration. And in the process, your own bowl will be replenished.

Martin Avis

A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools.

Spanish proverb

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell'em, 'certainly I can!' - and get busy and find out how to do it.

Theodore Roosevelt, Twenty-Sixth U.S. President

Our real problem is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow.

Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States

I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.

Thomas Edison, inventor

Your present negative beliefs were formed by thought PLUS feelings. Generate enough emotion, or deep feeling and your new thoughts and ideas will cancel them out.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.

Vince Lombardi, Football Coach

I had it in my heart. I believed in myself, and I had confidence. I knew how to do it, had natural talent and I pursued it.

Muhammad Ali, boxer

A cynic is just an idealist who has been happy slapped by reality

Gregor Jack, character in TV Series 'Rebus'

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Sun-Tzu, military strategist

If I believe, it is difficult to win. If I don't believe, it is impossible.

Wimbledon 2006 Finalist

Do not say to yourself, 'I am going to act this way tomorrow.' Just say to yourself - 'I am going to imagine myself acting this way NOW - for 30 minutes - today.'

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.

Anon

Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz, Author of Psycho-CyberneticS

I see knowledge increasing and human power increasing. I see ever-increasing possibilities before life, and I see no limits set to it at all.

Herbert George Wells 1866-1946, Author

In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.

Anthony Robbins

All high achievers plan their work and work their plan, for they are keenly aware that "luck" is most often being prepared to take advantage of a situation.

Unknown

This Creative Mechanism within you is impersonal. It will work automatically and impersonally to achieve goals of success and happiness, or unhappiness and failure, depending upon the goals which you yourself set for it. Present it with "success goals" and it functions as a "Success Mechanism." Present it with negative goals, and it operates just as impersonally, and just as faithfully as a "Failure Mechanism."

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

Every achiever that I have ever met says, 'My life turned around when I began to believe in me.

Dr. Robert Schuller, Minister and Author

Visualizing, creative mental picturing, is no more difficult than what you do when you remember some scene out of the past, or worry about the future. Acting out new action patterns is no more difficult than "deciding," then following through on tying your shoes in a new and different manner each morning, instead of continuing to tie them in your old "habitual way," without thought or decision.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.

Leo Tolstoy, author

Of all the creatures of earth, only human beings can change their patterns. Man alone is the architect of his destiny ... Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.

William James

The "self image" is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it.

Abraham Lincoln, 16th US president

Our self-image and our habits tend to go together. Change one and you will automatically change the other.

Dr. Maxwell Maltz

The self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates.

Thomas Szasz (1920-) American Psychiatrist

True success is not necessarily about being the best at all cost. It's about DOING your best at all times. If you do that long enough, who knows, you might just end up being the best.

'Tope Popoola Preacher and Consultant

Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you’re ready or not, to put it into action.

Napoleon Hill, writer

NOW! Life is NOW! Your life is being defined by how you're feeling right NOW! Identify what you want right NOW. Speak your appreciation NOW. Flow your gratitude NOW. Extend your love NOW. Spend your time deliberately creating positive energy flow NOW. And notice how your future becomes a series of extraordinary NOW's

Eva Gregory

Take a deep breath, count to ten, and tackle each task one step at a time.

Linda Shalaway

To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth.

Pearl S. Buck

If doubt is challenging you and you do not act, doubts will grow...  Challenge the doubts with action and you will grow.  Doubt and action are incompatible.

John Kanary

Exercise feeds your self confidence giving tons of courage to live your dreams.

Vince Palko

People of character do the right thing, not because they think it will change the world but because they refuse to be changed by the world.

Michael Josephson Radio Commentator

It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him.

John Steinbeck

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.

Lucille Ball 1911-1989, Comic Actress

The more you seek security, the less of it you have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is that you will achieve the security that you desire.

Brian Tracy

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

Epictetus

If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life.

Abraham Maslow

What changes your world is not wishing for change; what changes your world is changing!

Jim Rohn

James Allen says 'We curse the effect and nourish the cause.' The guy puts sand in his shoes and he can hardly walk and you ask why would you do that? Why would we wish for it to change, hope for it to change, but all the while resisting change?"

Jim Rohn

If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they might have planned for you? Not much.

Jim Rohn, motivational speaker

Plant, don't chant.

Jim Rohn

An individual's self-concept is the core of his personality. It affects every aspect of human behavior: the ability to learn, the capacity to grow and change. A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life.

Dr. Joyce Brothers Psychologist and Author

The past is not your potential for potential has no bounds. Choose to break free from your self-imposed limits. Use your imagination to create a life of endless possibility. Experience your magnificence first hand.

Frankie Picasso Life and Business Coach

Energy and persistence conquer all things.

Benjamin Franklin, printer, statesman

I didn’t get to where I am by thinking about it or dreaming about it. I got there by doing it.

Estee Lauder, entrepreneur

To reach (our goal), we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it. But we must sail and not drift, not lie at anchor.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr., physician

For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.

Larry Eisenberg

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Sam Ewing

You can be as you choose to be. It's an act of discipline sometimes, but it can be done.

Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard

He that can have patience can have what he will.

Benjamin Franklin, printer, statesman, inventor

Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.

Robert Schuller Minister and Author

You’ve got to say, ‘I think if I keep working at this and want it badly enough, I can have it.

Lee Iacocca, automobile executive

Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

Dale Turner

As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey.

Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931) American Inventor

The old saying 'success breeds success' has something to it. Success fosters that feeling of confidence that banishes negativity. blasts through procrastination and gets you going the right way.

Anon

Nothing will work unless you do.

Maya Angelou

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.

Bo Bennett, author

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Michael Jordan

The old saying 'success breeds success' has something to it. Success fosters that feeling of confidence that banishes negativity. blasts through procrastination and gets you going the right way.

Ted Ciuba

Never give up; just absolutely never give up.

Shane Warne when asked what legacy he would like to leave
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Beverly Sills (1929-) American Opera Singer

To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.

Leonard Bernstein, conductor

By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The non-existent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:35

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends.William Shakespeare

The good things we do are appreciated most by those who do them.John Watson

What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.

Alexander Graham Bell

The world is a great mirror. It reflects back to you what you are. If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you. The world is what you are.

Thomas Dreier, Author

They say the chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken. The chains you put around yourself now have enormous consequences as you go through life.

Warren Buffett

You are what you are and you are where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You change what you are and you change where you are by changing what goes into your mind.

Zig Ziglar

Make the most of today. Translate your good intentions into actual deeds.

Grenville Kleiser 1863-1953, Writer

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.

Booker T. Washington 1856-1915, Educator

There is nothing like a dream to create the future.

Victor Hugo

Great minds have great purposes, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them.

Washington Irving
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:36

I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living.

Bitterness and an unforgiving spirit can be likened to you taking poison and expecting that someone else would die from the effect. Forgiveness is about setting the prisoner in your heart free only to discover that all along, you had been the real prisoner.

'Tope Popoola Clergy

You will become as great as your dominant aspiration. If you cherish a vision, a lofty ideal in your heart, you will realize it.

One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.

Abraham Maslow, Psychologist

The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to achieving your dreams.

Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire.

Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously and never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture!

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale 1898-1993, Author of The Power of Positive Thinking

You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.

Zig Ziglar

The world is a great mirror. It reflects back to you what you are. If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you. The world is what you are.

Thomas Dreier Author

Enthusiasm is the best protection in any situation. Wholeheartedness is contagious. Give yourself, if you wish to get others.

David Seabury

If someday they say of me that in my work I have contributed something to the welfare and happiness of my fellow man, I shall be satisfied.

George Westinghouse, inventor, manufacturer

You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay?

Jim Rohn Author, Speaker, Philosopher

The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don't like their rules, whose would you use?

Dale Carnegie author and motivational speaker and trainer

Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.

Jim Rohn

There is nothing noble in being superior to some other person. True nobility comes from being superior to your previous self.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:37

Hindu Proverb

To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform.

Theodore White, author

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.

Agatha Christie

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.

C.S. Lewis

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

David Brinkley

Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It's the sure footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life.

Ann Landers, born 1918

Unremarkable lives are marked by the fear of not looking capable when trying something new.

Epictetus, philosopher

If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.

Napoleon Hill

Goals. There's no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There's no telling what you can do when you believe in them. There's no telling what will happen when you act upon them.

Jim Rohn

Enjoyment is not a goal, it is a feeling that accompanies important ongoing activity.

Paul Goodman

Ideas are elusive, slippery things. Best to keep a pad of paper and a pencil at your bedside, so you can stab them during the night before they get away.

Earl Nightingale

Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them.

Clarence Birdseye, entrepreneur

You may delay, but time will not.

All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.

Walt Disney 1901-1966, Cartoon Artist and Producer

Benjamin Franklin

All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.

Walt Disney 1901-1966, Cartoon Artist and Producer

In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves . . . Self-discipline with all of them came first.”

Harry Truman, 33rd U.S. president

We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.

Marian Wright Edelman Lobbyist on Behalf of Children

Believe: Nothing is accomplished without belief. Whether that is a belief in a higher power, a belief in our own abilities or a trust and belief that we 'can'.

Martin Avis

Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities - always see them, for they're always there

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale 1898-1993, Author of The Power of Positive Thinking

Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable.

Coco Chanel, fashion designer  

It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference.

Paul "Bear" Bryant

The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Walter Bagehot

You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight

Jim Rohn

I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot. . . and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why. . . I succeed.

Michael Jordan

Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.

Eddie Rickenbacker 1890-1973, Decorated Aviator and Businessman

In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.

Robert Frost, poet

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were...

John F. Kennedy 1917-1963, Former American President

The key to life is to become skillful enough to be able to do rewarding things.

Jim Rohn

I didn’t get to where I am by thinking about it or dreaming about it. I got there by doing it.

Estee Lauder, entrepreneur

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The person who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.

Dale Carnegie, Author and Trainer

Both success and failure are largely the results of habit.

Ted Ciuba

Little minds . . . are subdued by misfortune . . . Great minds rise above them.

Washington Irving, writer

Press on. Nothing can take the place of persistence.

Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933) 30th President of the United States

It takes time to succeed because success is merely the natural reward of taking time to do anything well.

Joseph Ross

Action may not always be happiness, but there is no happiness without action.

Sir Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881) British prime minister and statesman

We are creatures of our thinking. We can talk ourselves into defeat or we can talk ourselves into victory.

Gordon B. Hinckley

Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.

Dale Carnegie

To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.

Leonard Bernstein, conductor

Truth is, when you TRY, good things happen. Especially, in your mind.When you are being taught something and you immediately apply the information -- your mind holds on to 90% more info than if you simply take mental notes and get a whopping 7% retention.

Vince Palko

It's a weight problem isn't it; you can't wait for lunch.

Al Murray

The most selfish way to be is to be unselfish.

Elmer Wheeler

There are always dangers about. Therefore you must always keep your defences strong.

Margaret Thatcher

Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.

Sigmund Freud

It is surmounting difficulties that makes heroes.

Louis Pasteur, microbiologist

The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.

Anthony Robbins, Author, Speaker, Consultant

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man’s life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual toward freedom.

Albert Einstein, physicist

The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses.

Napoleon Hill

The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.

Lee Iacocca, automobile executive

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self esteem, and personal satisfaction.

Brian Tracy

Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.

Albert Einstein

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Dalai Lama

Pity the man who inherits a million dollars and isn't a millionaire. Here's what would be pitiful, if your income grew and you didn't.

Jim Rohn

Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.

Jamie Paolinetti

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Pablo Picasso

Here's one problem with drifting: you can't drift your way to the top of the mountain.

Jim Rohn

Don’t be content with doing only your duty. Do more than your duty. It’s the horse that finishes a neck ahead that wins the race.

Andrew Carnegie, industrialist

When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.

Thomas Edison, inventor

No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made known silently.

Agnes De Mille, 1905-1993, American Dancer and Choreographer

I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse.

Florence Nightingale, nurse

Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.

Barbara DeAngelis

Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.

Arnold Palmer, golfer

The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you.

Anthony Robbins

If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you'll achieve the same results.

Anthony Robbins

The two great words of antiquity are behold and beware. Behold the possibilities and beware the temptations.

Jim Rohn

A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.

Vince Lombardi

Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.

Robert Collier

Reminding readers and listeners that life is finite, Robert Ringer urges them to "Forget about taking action next week; forget about taking action tomorrow; forget about taking action in an hour. When you close this book, get up out of your chair and take action now."

Robert Ringer

Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on our own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.

Denis Waitley

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out if they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.

William James 1842-1910, Author

Fix the problem, not the blame.

Japanese proverb

The moment one definitely commits oneself, the providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.

William Murray, mountaineer

The secret of success in life is for a person to be ready for opportunity when it comes.

Benjamin Disraeli

It is by studying little things that we attain the great knowledge of having as little misery and as much happiness as possible.

Samuel Johnson

Before You
Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.

By William Arthur Ward

The Universe likes speed. Don´t delay. Don´t second
guess. Don´t doubt. When the opportunity is there, when
the impulse is there, when the intuitive nudge from within
is there,­ ACT. That´s your job. That´s all you have to do.

The Secret

The biggest piece of crap ever created and launched online makes more money than an almost-perfect project that was never launched.

John Reese

If you have a metabolic system that requires a stricter diet and more activity to maintain a healthy weight, accept that fact and do what it takes to achieve your goal.

Jon Herring

That's not politically correct, but it's good advice that I hope someone puts to use. Not everyone can have the metabolism of a 17-year old boy. We must make the necessary adjustments and deal with it.

Craig Ballantynie (His comment on the Jon Herring quote)

To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.

William Londen

Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference.

Nolan Bushnell Founder of Atari

The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don't like their rules, whose would you use?

Dale Carnegie author and motivational speaker and trainer

Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.

John Paul II, pope

High expectations are the key to everything.

Sam Walton, Wal-Mart founder

Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself.

Sara Henderson

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

Jim Rohn

One needs something to believe in, something for which one can have wholehearted enthusiasm.

Hannah Senesh (1921-1944) Hungarian-Jewish soldier

Stop complaining about what you're not getting, and start creating what you want.

Dr. Phil McGraw (1950 - ) American psychologist, TV host

Begin to free yourself at once by doing all that is possible with the means you have, and as you proceed in this spirit the way will open for you to do more.

Robert Collier Writer and Publisher

Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it.Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away.

Tom Clancy Top Selling Author

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.

John Quincy Adams (1767-1848) Sixth President of the United States

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.

Henry Ford: Founder, Ford Motor Company, prolific inventor.

If we are basically positive in attitude, expecting and envisioning pleasure, satisfaction and happiness, we will attract and create people, situations, and events which conform to our positive expectations.

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

In our daily lives, we must see That it is not happiness that makes us grateful, But the gratefulness that makes us happy.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:38

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.Confucius, Philosopher

Life and business is like the changing seasons. You cannot change the seasons, but you can change yourself. Therein lies the opportunity to live an extraordinary life--the opportunity to change yourself.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.Sun Tzu philosopher

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.

Dale Carnegie: Pioneer in personal development.

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.

Groucho Marx

Energy and persistence conquer all things.

Benjamin Franklin, Inventor

Definition of happiness: The full use of your powers along lines of excellence.

John F. Kennedy

To lengthen thy Life, lessen thy meals.

Benjamin Franklin

To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth.

Richard Baker: American congressman

Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.

Stan Smith, Tennis Champion

Everything is always impossible before it works. That's what entrepreneurs are all about - doing what people have told them is impossible.

Hunt Greene, Venture Capitalist

Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.

Source Unknown

Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders.

Sloan Wilson

Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; while others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before. Herodotus, historian If I had to name a driving force in my life, I'd name passion every time.

Come on, you can do anything for 30 seconds.

The man who has done his level best... is a success, even though the world may write him down a failure.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:39

Our self image and our habits tend to go together. Change one and you will automatically change the other.

Energy and persistence alter all things.

We all know a variety of ways to make a living. What's even more fascinating is figuring out ways to make a fortune.

Kids ought to have two bicycles, one to ride and one to rent.

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being.

Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your talent, there is only one way to obtain it-work.

Jack Nicklaus, golfer

Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.

Denis Waitley

If you conduct yourself as though you expect to be successful and happy, you will seldom be disappointed.

Brian Tracy

The most important thing about winning is believing that you can win no matter who you are playing.

Lawrence Dalaglio Rugby Union World Cup Winner

Live every day like it's your last cause one day you're gonna be right.

Ray Charles

A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed.

Earl Nightingale

It is easier to make money than to save it. One is exertion; the other, self-denial.

Thomas Haliburton, writer

Success happens whenever you decide to do something and you DO IT. Or whenever you decide to NOT DO something and you DON’T do it. I know it sounds simple, but 99% of people can’t even do just that!

Kacper M. Postawski

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs -- jolted by every pebble in the road.

Henry Ward Beecher

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

Booker T. Washington

Your philosophy determines whether you will go for the disciplines or continue the errors.

Jim Rohn

Formula for success: Underpromise and overachieve.

Tom Peters, author

Mike, most people fail because they truly never try. They say they're serious about succeeding, but their actions never back it up. You have to invest the time in growing and make the investment in learning, if more people did both, more would live a financially successful life.

Mike Litman's friend

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.

Dag Hammarskjold 1905-1961, Swedish Statesman, Secretary-General of the United Nations

When you get right down to the root of the meaning of the word 'succeed', you find it simply means to follow through.

F.W. Nichol

Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'

Brian Tracy

If you don't set goals, you can't regret not reaching them.

Yogi Berra February

"Success is achieved by those who try and keep trying with a positive mental attitude."

W. Clement Stone

I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.

Jonathan Winters

What we hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence.

Samuel Johnson

We do our best that we know how at the moment, and if it doesn't turn out, we modify it.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

There's no such thing as luck. You create your own luck. Successful Businessmen are where they are because they do not give up. When they meet up with problems, they solve it. Like Winston Churchill once said, "Never, Never, Never, Give Up.

Edmund Ng

A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere."

Joyce A. Myers

Failure is a few Errors in judgment repeated everyday. The man says, "Well I didn't walk around the block today and it didn't kill me, so it must be okay." No, no, it is that kind of error in judgment that after six years has him out of breath and panting as he walks from his car to his office. You can't make those kinds of mistakes; it will end up costing you.

Jim Rohn

Now, here is my definition of success: A few simple Disciplines practiced every day. Do you see the distinction? A few disciplines... Here's a little phrase we've all heard, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." And my question to you is, "What if that's true?" How simple and easy is that plan?

Jim Rohn

If all you have around you are negative nancy's trying to tempt you into skipping workouts and eating crap, then it will be hard to succeed.

CB

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Focus your messages on the results you expect, not on the methods for doing the job.

Marty Brounstein, communications trainer

Until you can apply the information that you’ve learned, then and only then will you be rewarded.

Andy Fuehl: Founder, Wealth Builders of America.

Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.

Sam Walton

Keeping in touch with childhood memories keeps us believing in life's simplest pleasures like a rainy afternoon, a swing set, and a giant puddle to play in.

Chrissy Ogden

Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays, but never lose sight of your goal. Prepare yourself in every way you can by increasing your knowledge and adding to your experience, so that you can make the most of opportunity when it occurs.

Mario Andretti Auto Racer

The spirit, the will to win and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.

Vince Lombardi, football coach

In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness
that makes us happy.

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

Colin L. Powell (1937 - ) U.S. Army general, former U.S. Secretary of State

If you really want something, and if you work hard, take advantage of the opportunities, and never give up, you will somehow find a way.

Dr. Jane Goodall (1934 - ) English primatologist, quoting her mother's advice

Miracles can be made, but only by sweating.

Giovanni Agnelli, auto executive

In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.

Chris Evert, Tennis Champion

The best way to let others know what you’re going to do is to actually do it.

Robert Ringer

You are not judged by your intentions, you are judged by your actions.

Willard Barth

Action may not always be happiness, but there is no happiness without action.

Sir Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881) British prime minister and statesman

You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.

Marian Wright Edelman: Activist for children's rights.

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

Douglas Everett, American Hockey Player

Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.

Peter Marshall

Give to the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox 1855-1919, Poet and Journalist

A man who keeps on going; a man who keeps his eye on the ball."

Ian Paisley about Tony Blair

There's no great mystery to satisfying your customers. Build them a quality product and treat them with respect. It's that simple.

Lee Iacocca, executive

Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I'll give you a stock clerk.

J.C. Penney, businessman

When you have reached the end of all the light that you know and it's time to step out into the darkness of the unknown.... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen. Either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you'll be taught how to fly.

Author Unknown

A Black Belt is a White Belt who Never Quit!

Master Pereira

But for anything worthwhile you often have to pay the cost.But if you want it badly enough the cost of doing those extra pushups, sticking to your diet one more hour until you go to bed is something you should rush to embrace. For there is where you get your best results.

Dermot McGrath

At the end of each day, you should play back the tapes of your performance. The results should either applaud you or prod you.

Jim Rohn

Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.

Cynthia Kersey Author of Unstoppable Women

Put all your excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.

Zig Ziglar
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:39

I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.

John D. Rockefeller

I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.

Frank Lloyd Wright

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.

Bertrand Russell

Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity.

Joseph Sugarman

Fortunate is the person who has developed the self-control to steer a straight course towards his objective in life, without being swayed from his purpose by either commendation or condemnation.

Napoleon Hill

Follow your dream as long as you live, do not lessen the time of following desire, for wasting time is an abomination of the spirit.

Plato

Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness -- great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.

Jim Rohn, author and speaker

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.

Raymond Lindquist

There is no way around it. You absolutely must have fun. Without fun, there is no enthusiasm. Without enthusiasm, there is no energy. Without energy, there are only shades of gray."There is no way around it. You absolutely must have fun. Without fun, there is no enthusiasm. Without enthusiasm, there is no energy. Without energy, there are only shades of gray."

Doug Hall

You are successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who make excuses and those who get results. An excuse person will find any excuse for why a job was not done, and a results person will find any reason why it can be done. Be a creator, not a reactor."

Alan Cohen, Author

People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most people succeed because they are determined to.

George E. Allen Publisher and Author

Realize that if you have time to whine and complain about something, then you have the time to do something about it."

Anthony D'Angelo

Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

John Petit-Senn, poet

Whoever cares to learn will always find a teacher.

German proverb

Education is the ability to listen to anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.

Robert Frost, poet

Nothing is impossible for a person who refuses to listen to reason!

Favourite saying of Gary Halbert

It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.

Isaac Asimov, author

Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success.

Louisa May Alcott Author

Luck is not chance; it's toil. Fortune's expensive smile is earned.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet

Doing nothing results in having nothing.

Daniel Burke

I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his
work. Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve
anything worthwhile.

Daniel Burke

Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along

Napoleon Hill, Writer

The small choices and decisions we make a hundred times a day add up to determining the kind of world we live in.

Harold S. Kushner

So what do we do? Anything - something. So long as we don't just sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.

Lee Iacocca Former Chairman of Chrysler Corporation

Victory-a matter of staying power.

Elbert Hubbard, editor

The world is moved not only by the mighty shoves of the heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Helen Keller, writer

Life is a series of problem-solving opportunities. The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you depending on how you respond to them.

Rick Warren

What unleashes action is an individual’s willingness to make mistakes — even to look foolish or stupid.

Robert Ringer

When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.

Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, U.S. First Lady

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.

Norman Mailer, author

Character is who you are when no one is watching.

Anonymous

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Benjamin Franklin, Inventor

Nothing comes from doing nothing.

William Shakespeare

I became an overnight success after 20 years of effort.

Dan Kennedy

You can do anything you want in your life and in your career if you have written goals and a plan to get there, and also the commitment to follow through.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Carol Halsey

One of the marks of superior people is that they are action-oriented. One of the marks of average people is that they are talk-oriented.

Brian Tracy

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start now and make a brand new ending.

Carl Bard

If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all of your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fear.

Cesare Pavese

The money I have is in direct proportion to the value I've given to others. The more I give of myself, incredibly, the more economic power comes my way.

Tod Barnhart Author of The Five Rituals of Wealth

Human Nature Seems To Endow People With The Ability To Size Up Everybody But Themselves.

Unknown

We miss 100 percent of the sales we don't ask for

Zig Ziglar, Author

Home
Inspiring Quotes And Stories
Motivational Stories
Contact

Home
The Miracle of You
Abundance E-Zine
E.J. Archives
Self Actualization
Success Blueprint
Universal Laws
Science of Success
Consciousness
Mind Power
Power Of Thought
Success Principles
Health and Wealth
Guided Meditation
Inspiration Galore
Inspiring Articles
Success Courses
Success Coaches
Happiness Blog
Humor
Free Resources
Meet Chuck
Chuck's Friends
Giving Back
Site Map
Donations
Contact Us
Personal Coaching
The 7 Hidden Keys
Perseverance Quotes

"Perseverance Is The Key To Any
Great Accomplishment In Life"

At Times The Road Can Seem Long,
Cold, and Lonely. Gather Your Strength,
Be Persistent, You Can Make It.

Perseverance Quotes: Everybody needs a little boost sometimes.

At times the road of life can seem dark, cold, and lonely.

One day it seems, nothing in the world can stop you from accomplishing your dreams. Then, unexpectedly a situation arises out of nowhere and the doubt, fear, and anxiety creep in.

Perseverance Quotes give us the insight and strength to do what's necessary to accomplish your most treasured and sought after dreams and goals. They provide you that little extra boost you need to keep on keeping on even when the world says it can't be done.

We hope that these hand picked Perseverance Quotes provide you with the little boost of hope and assurance that you need to cross your finish line.

Perseverance Quotes

“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” -Anne Bradstreet

“There is nothing in life so difficult that it cannot be overcome. This faith can move mountains. It can change people. It can change the world. You can survive all the great storms in your life.”
-Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.” -Ayn Rand

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for it is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe

"A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose - a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve." -John Maxwell

“Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it... that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.”
-Dale Carnegie

“You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” -Brian Tracy

“Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities, always see them, for they're always there.” -Norman Vincent Peale

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." -John Quincy Adams

“Real difficulties can be overcome; it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” -Theodore N. Vail

“Take heart again; put your dismal fears away. One day, who knows? Even these hardships will be grand things to look back on.” -Virgil

“The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it - so fine that we often are on the line and do not know it.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

“You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.”
-Gorden B. Hinkley

More Perseverance Quotes

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Albert Einstein

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” -Mark Twain

“When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us.” -Alexander Graham Bell

“No matter how difficult the challenge, when we spread our wings of faith and allow the winds of God's spirit to lift us, no obstacle is too great to overcome.” -Roy Lessin

“Man is not made for defeat.” -Ernest Hemingway

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win." -Roger Bannister
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: philosophical quotes    philosophical quotes  Icon_minitimeMar 18 Fév - 14:40

“It takes a little courage, and a little self-control. And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal. It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin. No matter what the battle, if you really want to win." -Navy Seal Masterchief

“If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.” -Henry David Thoreau

“Remember when you see a man at the top of a mountain, he didn't fall there.” -Unknown

“People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.” - George Allen

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” -Thomas Paine

“There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them.” -Phyllis Bottome

For I the Lord thy God shall hold thy right hand and say unto thee, fear not for I will help you. -The Bible

Your Thoughts Create Your World
Learn how to effortlessly replace Self Limiting Thoughts and Beliefs that may be holding you back from accomplishing your goals. Find Out More

More Perseverance Quotes

“A hero is one who knows how to hang on one minute longer.” - Norwegian proverb

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” -Dale Carnegie

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” -Thomas Edison

“Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” -John Wooden

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” -Abraham Lincoln

“I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” -Thomas A. Edison

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

“Pay no attention to what the critics say; no statue has ever been erected to a critic.” -Jean Sibelius

“At the timberline where the storms strike with the most fury, the sturdiest trees are found.” -Hudson Newsletter

“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” -Martin Luther King

“He who has hope has everything.” -Arabian Proverb

“The individual who knows the score about life sees difficulties as opportunities.” -Norman Vincent Peale

We hope you've enjoyed our Perseverance Quotes.

Got a Perseverance Quote you'd like to share? You can E-Mail it. We'd be happy to hear from you.

Do you have any questions or comments on how we might improve our Perseverance Quotes section? You can E-Mail them here. Your input is very important to us.

Be sure to check out the rest of our site.

It's purpose is to empower, inspire, coach, and guide you. The tips and tools within it will walk you step by simple step down the road to higher knowledge and a deeper, crystal clear understanding of how to acheive whatever it is you are looking for in your life, regardless of how many times you may have tried and failed in the past.

If you can provide the will and desire we will show you how you can create a life beyond your wildest expectations. Finally you will come to know what it means to experience deep and lasting Abundance and Happiness.

Finished With Perseverance Quotes
Take Me Back To The Home Page

Quotes Main Page

Quotes By Category

Site Map

We will be adding more Perseverance Quotes regularly, so be sure to check back often.

End Perseverance Quotes