Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD

AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Empty
MessageSujet: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeMar 2 Aoû - 14:00

Day 21: Read today's devotional on Bible Gateway.

Genesis 24:1-67

Sarah dies at age 127, and Abraham is “very old.” His servant Eliezer goes to seek a wife for Isaac.

Water for Camels

Read

Then he [Eliezer] loaded ten of Abraham’s camels with all kinds of expensive gifts from his master, and he traveled to distant Aram-naharaim. There he went to the town where Abraham’s brother Nahor had settled. He made the camels kneel beside a well just outside the town. It was evening, and the women were coming out to draw water.

“O Lord, God of my master, Abraham,” he prayed. “Please give me success today, and show unfailing love to my master, Abraham. See, I am standing here beside this spring, and the young women of the town are coming out to draw water. This is my request. I will ask one of them, ‘Please give me a drink from your jug.’ If she says, ‘Yes, have a drink, and I will water your camels, too!’—let her be the one you have selected as Isaac’s wife. This is how I will know that you have shown unfailing love to my master.”
(Genesis 24:10-14)

Reflect

The well, the chief source of water for an entire village, was usually located outside town along the main road. Many people had to walk a mile or more for their water. They could use only what they could carry home. Farmers and shepherds would come from nearby fields to draw water for their animals. The well was a good place to meet new friends or to chat with old ones. Rebekah would have visited the well twice daily to draw water for her family.

Was it right for Abraham’s servant to ask God for such a specific sign? The sign he requested was only slightly out of the ordinary. The hospitality of the day required women at the well to offer water to weary travelers but not to their animals. Eliezer was simply asking God to show him a woman with an attitude of service—someone who would go beyond the expected. An offer to water his camels would indicate that kind of character. Eliezer did not ask for a woman with good looks or wealth. He knew the importance of finding a woman with the right heart, and he asked God to help him with this task.

Respond

Eliezer (see Genesis 15:2) had learned much about faith and about God from his master, Abraham. What are your companies, friends, family members, and associates learning about God from watching you? Be like Abraham, setting an example of dependent faith. be like Eliezer, asking God for guidance before any venture.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeMar 2 Aoû - 14:02

Genesis 8:1-22

Five months after the flood began, the waters recede.

Powerful Patience

Then God said to Noah, “Leave the boat, all of you—you and your wife, and your sons and their wives. Release all the animals—the birds, the livestock, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—so they can be fruitful and multiply throughout the earth.”

So Noah, his wife, and his sons and their wives left the boat. And all of the large and small animals and birds came out of the boat, pair by pair.

Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and there he sacrificed as burnt offerings the animals and birds that had been approved for that purpose. And the Lord was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, “I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things.”
(Genesis 8:15-21)

Reflect

The story of the Flood is an example of great patience—both God’s patience with us and Noah’s patience with God.

Throughout the Bible, God showing his love and patience toward men and women in order to save them. Although he knows that their hearts are evil, he continues to try to reach them. When we sin or reject God, we deserve to be destroyed by his judgment. But God has promised never again to destroy everything on earth until the Day of Judgment, when Christ will return to destroy evil. Now every change of season reminds us of his patience.

Noah also exhibited great patience. While on the ark, occasionally Noah would send a bird out to test the earth and see if it was dry. But Noah didn’t get out of the boat until God told him to. He was waiting for God’s timing. God knew that even though the water was gone, the earth was not dry enough for Noah and his family to venture out. What patience Noah showed, especially after spending an entire year inside his boat! We, like Noah, must patiently trust God during those difficult times when we must wait.

Respond

Waiting for God’s timing can be difficult. Things look good from our view, so we want to rush ahead of God’s timing for us. God knows what’s best and his timing is always perfect. Where do you need to take a step back and wait for God to lead you? Ask God for patience.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeMer 3 Aoû - 14:10

Day 22: Read today's devotional on Bible Gateway.

Genesis 25:27-34

Isaac married Rebekah, who gave birth to twins, Jacob and Esau. After the boys come of age, Jacob tricks Esau out of his birthright.

Birthright and Wrong

Read

One day when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau arrived home from the wilderness exhausted and hungry. Esau said to Jacob, “I’m starved! Give me some of that red stew!” (This is how Esau got his other name, Edom, which means “red.”)

“All right,” Jacob replied, “but trade me your rights as the firstborn son.”

“Look, I’m dying of starvation!” said Esau. “What good is my birthright to me now?”

But Jacob said, “First you must swear that your birthright is mine.” So Esau swore an oath, thereby selling all his rights as the firstborn to his brother, Jacob.
(Genesis 25:29-33)

Reflect

A birthright was a special honor given to the firstborn son. It included a double portion of the family inheritance along with the honor of one day becoming the family’s leader. The oldest son could sell his birthright or give it away if he chose, but in so doing, he would lose both material goods and his leadership position. By trading his birthright, Esau showed complete disregard for the blessings that would have come his way if he had kept it.

Esau traded the lasting benefits of his birthright for the immediate pleasure of food. Esau exaggerated his hunger. “I’m dying of starvation!” he said. The pressure of the moment distorted his perspective and made his decision seem urgent. He acted on impulse, satisfying his immediate desires without considering the long-range consequences. We can fall into the same trap. When we see something we want, our first impulse is to get it and we can exaggerate its importance in the moment. We can avoid making Esau’s mistake by comparing the short-term satisfaction with the long-range consequences.

We often experience pressures like Esau did. For example, when we feel sexual temptation, a marriage vow may seem unimportant. We might feel such great pressure in one area that nothing else seems to matter and we lose our perspective. Getting through that short, pressure-filled moment is often the most difficult part of overcoming temptation.

Respond

Ask God to help you see life from his perspective and to help you resist making an Esau-like choice.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeSam 6 Aoû - 12:33

Genesis 28:10-22

Enraged by Jacob’s deception, Esau plots to kill him. Rebekah warns Jacob, who flees to distant Paddan-aram. Along the way, he has a dream

Personal Connections

At the top of the stairway stood the Lord, and he said, “I am the Lord, the God of your grandfather Abraham, and the God of your father, Isaac. The ground you are lying on belongs to you. I am giving it to you and your descendants. Your descendants will be as numerous as the dust of the earth! They will spread out in all directions—to the west and the east, to the north and the south. And all the families of the earth will be blessed through you and your descendants. What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.”
(Genesis 28:13-15)

Reflect

Bethel was sixty miles north of Beersheba, where Jacob left his family. This was where Abraham made one of his first sacrifices to God when he entered the land. Early on, Bethel became an important center for worship; later it was a center of idolatry. The prophet Hosea condemned the evil practices of its people.

God’s covenant promise to Abraham and Isaac was offered to Jacob as well. It was not enough to be Abraham’s grandson; Jacob had to establish his own personal relationship with God.

Was Jacob’s vow a bargain with God? It is possible that he, in his ignorance, thought of God as a servant who would wait on him for a promised tip. More likely, Jacob was not bargaining but pledging his future to God. He may have been saying, in effect, “Because you have blessed me, I will follow you.” Whether Jacob was bargaining or pledging, God blessed him.

Respond

God has no grandchildren; each person must have a personal relationship with him. Even if you have a godly heritage, simply hearing wonderful stories about Christians in your family is not enough. You need to become part of the story yourself (see Galatians 3:6-7). You are a link in your family’s chain of faith. Ask God to show you what you can do to pass on the faith to the next generation.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeSam 6 Aoû - 12:34

Genesis 26:1-11

God reaffirms his covenant with Isaac. Because of a famine in the land, Isaac and Rebekah travel to Gerar.

If Looks Could Kill

Read

When the men who lived there asked Isaac about his wife, Rebekah, he said, “She is my sister.” He was afraid to say, “She is my wife.” He thought, “They will kill me to get her, because she is so beautiful.” But some time later, Abimelech, king of the Philistines, looked out his window and saw Isaac caressing Rebekah.
(Genesis 26:7-Cool

Reflect

The Philistines would become some of Israel’s fiercest enemies. The Philistines were one of a number of sea peoples who had migrated from the Aegean Sea and settled in Palestine. They arrived by way of Crete and Cyprus and were mercenaries for Canaanite rulers. These people, living along the southwest coast, were few but ferocious in battle. Although friendly to Isaac, this small group was the forerunner to the nation that would plague Israel during the time of Joshua, the judges, and David. This King Abimelech was not the same Abimelech that Abraham encountered (Genesis 20–21). Abimelech may have been a dynastic title for the Philistine rulers.

Isaac feared that the Philistine men in Gerar would kill him to get to his beautiful wife, Rebekah, so he lied, claiming that Rebekah was his sister. Where did he learn that trick? He may have known about the actions of his father, Abraham (see Genesis 12:10-13 and 20:1-5). And like father, like son. Parents help shape the world’s future by shaping their children’s values. The best way to help children live right is to set a good example for them.

Respond

Your actions are often copied by those closest to you. Consider the example you are setting for your children. What values and morals are you modeling?
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeSam 6 Aoû - 12:36

Genesis 2:18-25

God makes a companion for Adam.

Two and One

He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man.

“At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”

This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
(Genesis 2:20-24)

Reflect

God’s creative work was not complete until he made woman. He could have made her from the dust of the ground, as he made man. God chose, however, to make her from the man’s flesh and bone. In so doing, he illustrated for us that in marriage man and woman become one flesh. This mystical union ties together the couple’s hearts and lives.

God gave marriage as a gift to Adam and Eve. They were created for each other. Marriage was not just for convenience, nor was it brought about by any culture. It was instituted by God and has three basic aspects: (1) The man leaves his parents and, in a public act, promises himself to his wife; (2) The man and woman are joined together by taking responsibility for each other’s welfare and by loving their spouse above all others; (3) The two become one flesh in the intimacy and commitment of sexual union that is reserved for marriage. Strong marriages include all three of these aspects.

Throughout the Bible, God treats this special partnership seriously. If you are married or planning to be, are you willing to keep the commitment that binds the two of you together as one? The goal in marriage should be more than friendship; it should be oneness.

Respond

Whether married or single, treat marriage as a holy union, ordained by God. Ask God to help you love, honor, respect, and cherish your spouse, even if you haven’t met them yet. Two people, committed to God and to each other, can truly be one in marriage.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:49

Genesis 1:1-2:3

In the very beginning, God creates all things.

In His Image

Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like ourselves. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
(Genesis 1:26-27)

Reflect

God chose to create human beings different from the other animals, in his image—both male and female—and he gave them authority over all other living creatures. This gives us great value and raises an important question: In what ways are we made in God’s image?

God obviously did not create us exactly like himself, because God has no physical body. Instead, we reflect God’s glory. Some believe that our reason, creativity, speech, or self-determination is the image of God. More likely, our entire self is what reflects the image of God. We will never be totally like God because he is our supreme creator. But we do have the ability to reflect his character in our love, patience, forgiveness, kindness, and faithfulness.

Knowing that we are made in God’s image and that we share many of his characteristics provides a solid basis for self-worth. Human worth is not based on possessions, achievements, physical attractiveness, or public acclaim; instead, it is based on being made in God’s image. Because we bear God’s image, we can feel confident in who we are. Criticizing ourselves is discounting what God has made and the abilities he has given us.

Knowing that you are a person of worth helps you love God, know him personally, and contribute meaningfully to the lives of those around you.

Respond

Stop and thank God for creating you in his image. You are his unique creation and he loves you. Thank him for your special gifts, talents, abilities, physical characteristics, emotional makeup, and personality. And ask him to help you respect others, even those you don’t get along with, because they are his image-bearers as well.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:49

Genesis 3:1-19

Adam and Eve face temptation to disobey God.

The Shrewd Tempter

The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the Lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?”

“Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied. “It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”

“You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”

The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. The she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.
(Genesis 3:1-6)

Reflect

Disguised as a shrewd serpent, Satan came to tempt Eve. Satan had once been a glorious angel, but he rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven. Satan tempted Eve by getting her to doubt God’s goodness. He implied that God was strict, stingy, and selfish for not wanting Eve to share his knowledge of good and evil. Satan made Eve forget all that God had given her and, instead, focus on what God had forbidden.

Satan succeeded in getting Eve to sin. Ever since then, he’s been busy getting people to sin. He even tempted Jesus (Matthew 4:1-11). But Jesus did not sin! Why does Satan tempt humanity? Temptation is Satan’s invitation to adopt his kind of life and give up on God’s kind of life. But Satan is a created being and has definite limitations; he will not be the final victor. God will.

How could Eve have resisted temptation? By following the same guidelines we can follow. First, we must realize that being tempted is not a sin. We have not sinned until we give in to the temptation. Then, to resist temptation, we must (1) pray for strength to resist, (2) run, sometimes literally, and (3) say no when confronted with what we know is wrong.

Respond

Like Eve, we fall into trouble when we dwell on what God forbids rather than on the blessings and promises God gives us. Take time to consider all you do have and thank God for it. Then your doubts won’t lead you into sin.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:50

Genesis 27:1-40

Isaac has grown old, and the time comes for him to bless his son Esau—but Rebekah has something else in mind.

A Hairy Plot

Read

“Now, my son, listen to me. Do exactly as I tell you. Go out to the flocks, and bring me two fine young goats. I’ll use them to prepare your father’s favorite dish. Then take the food to your father so he can eat it and bless you before he dies.”

“But look,” Jacob replied to Rebekah, “my brother, Esau, is a hairy man, and my skin is smooth. What if my father touches me? He’ll see that I’m trying to trick him, and then he’ll curse me instead of blessing me.”

But his mother replied, “Then let the curse fall on me, my son! Just do what I tell you. Go out and get the goats for me!”
(Genesis 27:8-13)

Reflect

When Rebekah learned that Isaac was preparing to bless Esau, she planned to trick him into blessing Jacob instead. Even though God had promised her that Jacob would become the family leader (Genesis 25:23), Rebekah took matters into her own hands. She resorted to doing something wrong to bring about what God had already said would happen. For Rebekah, the end justified the means.

How we react to a moral dilemma often exposes our real character. Frequently we are more worried about getting caught than about doing what is right. Jacob hesitated when he heard Rebekah’s plan—not because it was deceitful but because he was afraid of getting caught.

Although Jacob questioned Rebekah’s plan for the wrong reason, his protest gave Rebekah one last chance to reconsider. But Rebekah had become so wrapped up in her plan that she no longer saw clearly what she was doing. Sin had trapped her and was degrading her character.

If you are worried about getting caught, that’s a good sign that you are probably being less than honest. Let your fear be a warning to do right. Backing out in the middle of doing wrong may bring hurt and disappointment, but it will also bring freedom from sin’s control. Both Jacob and Rebekah paid a huge price for carrying out their deceitful plan.

Respond

No matter how good we think our goals are, we should not attempt to achieve them by doing what is wrong. Would God approve of the methods you are using to accomplish your goals?

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:50

Genesis 29:31–30:24

Even though Jacob loves her, Rachel is discontent without a baby. When she sees her sister having children, Rachel refuses to wait any longer.

Baby Competition

Rachel gave her servant, Bilhah, to Jacob as a wife, and he slept with her. Bilhah became pregnant and presented him with a son. Rachel named him Dan, for she said, “God has vindicated me! He has heard my request and given me a son.” Then Bilhah became pregnant again and gave Jacob a second son. Rachel named him Naphtali, for she said, “I have struggled hard with my sister, and I’m winning!”

Meanwhile, Leah realized that she wasn’t getting pregnant anymore, so she took her servant, Zilpah, and gave her to Jacob as a wife. Soon Zilpah presented him with a son. Leah named him Gad, for she said, “How fortunate I am!” Then Zilpah gave Jacob a second son. And Leah named him Asher, for she said, “What joy is mine! Now the other women will celebrate with me.”
(Genesis 30:4-13)

Reflect

Rachel and Leah were competing in an arrogant contest. Racing to have more children, they both gave their servants to Jacob as concubines. This was an accepted custom of the day, but Jacob would have been wise to refuse. He was perpetuating bad relationships between the women. The fact that a custom is socially acceptable does not mean it is wise or beneficial.

There are many socially acceptable choices that have negative effects on others. Society often prioritizes a person’s freedom to choose above considering the impact those choices have on others. The choices of Jacob and his wives resulted in bitterness, anger, resentment, and jealousy among their sons. The rivalry and fighting between Leah’s sons and Rachel’s sons continued years later among the tribes that descended from them.

Respond

Think about how your choices might affect others. Will you help them or hurt them? Are you willing to give up some of your freedom to ensure that others do not suffer harm? Are you willing to go a step further and do something that will benefit them?
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:51

Genesis 9:1-17

God confirms his covenant with Noah.

The End of the Rainbow

“If anyone takes a human life, that person’s life will also be taken by human hands. For God made human beings in his own image. Now be fruitful and multiply, and repopulate the earth.” . . .

Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.”
(Genesis 9:6-7, 12-16)

Reflect

Here God explains why murder is so wrong: To kill a person is to kill one made in God’s image. Because all human beings are made in God’s image, all people possess the qualities that distinguish them from animals: morality, reason, creativity, and self-worth.

God wants us to recognize his image in all people. Only God has given life, so no one else has the right to take it away.

Despite God’s prohibition of murder, we continue to see it throughout the Bible. Cain had already killed Abel. Moses would kill an Egyptian. David would kill Uriah the Hittite. Ahab and Jezebel would kill Naboth. Paul would kill Christians.

When Jesus taught about murder, he took the issue deeper—to the attitude of the heart. Murder grows out of anger. His point was not that we should never be angry, but that we should deal with it quickly and rightly. To forgive and be reconciled.

God will require each person to account for his or her actions. We cannot harm or kill another human being without answering to God. A penalty must be paid. Justice will be served. When we interact with others, we are interacting with beings made by God, beings to whom God offers eternal life.

Respond

God calls us to see our friends, neighbors, and enemies as creatures whom he made with dignity, value, and purpose. Anger will still arise in our hearts from time to time, but we can learn to deal with those conflicts and still honor the creatures God made. Who are you harboring anger toward today? What steps can you take toward forgiveness and reconciliation?

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:51

Genesis 7:1-24

The flood covers the earth.

Flooded and Floated!

For forty days the floodwaters grew deeper, covering the ground and lifting the boat high above the earth. As the waters rose higher and higher above the ground, the boat floated safely on the surface. Finally, the water covered even the highest mountains on the earth, rising more than twenty-two feet above the highest peaks. All the living things on earth died—birds, domestic animals, wild animals, small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the people. . . . The only people who survived were Noah and those with him in the boat.
(Genesis 7:17-21, 23)

Reflect

Was the Flood a local event, or did it cover the entire earth? A universal flood was certainly possible. Enough water exists in the oceans to cover all dry land. And since God promised never again to destroy the earth with a flood, this flood must have either covered the entire earth or destroyed all the inhabitants of the earth. Remember, God’s reason for sending the Flood was to destroy all the earth’s wickedness. It would take a major flood to accomplish this.

And how did this animal kingdom roundup happen? Scholars estimate that almost 45,000 animals could have fit into the boat. Pairs of every animal joined Noah in the boat; seven pairs were taken of those animals used for sacrifice. Did Noah and his sons spend years collecting all the animals?

In reality, the creation, along with Noah, did just as God commanded. Gathering the animals seemed to be no problem—God took care of those details while Noah did his part by building the boat. Noah didn’t need to worry about how the animals would get there; he just trusted God.

Respond

Often we do just the opposite of Noah. We worry about the details over which we have no control, while neglecting specific areas that are under our control such as attitudes, relationships, or responsibilities. Like Noah, concentrate on what God gives you to do, and leave the rest to him. What details do you need to entrust to God?
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:52

Genesis 6:1-22

Several hundred years after Adam and Eve, God speaks to Noah.

Obedient Preparations

“Build a large boat from cypress wood and waterproof it with tar, inside and out. Then construct decks and stalls throughout its interior. . . .”

“Look! I am about to cover the earth with a flood that will destroy every living thing that breathes. Everything on earth will die. But I will confirm my covenant with you. So enter the boat—you and your wife and your sons and their wives. Bring a pair of every kind of animal—a male and a female—into the boat with you to keep them alive during the flood. Pairs of every kind of bird, and every kind of animal, and every kind of small animal that scurries along the ground, will come to you to be kept alive. And be sure to take on board enough food for your family and for all the animals.”

So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.
(Genesis 6:14, 17-22)

Reflect

Noah got right to work when God told him to build the huge boat. Other people must have been warned about the coming disaster (1 Peter 3:20), but apparently they did not expect it to happen. Today things haven’t changed much. Each day thousands of people are warned of God’s inevitable judgment, yet most of them don’t really believe it will happen.

Does the flood mean that God regretted creating humanity? Was he admitting he made a mistake? No, God does not change his mind (1 Samuel 15:29). Instead, he was expressing sorrow for what the people had done to themselves, as a parent might express sorrow over a rebellious child. God was sorry that the people he created had chosen sin and death instead of a relationship with him. Still, God did not abandon them. He chose to preserve humanity through Noah.

The boat Noah built was no canoe! Picture yourself building a boat as long as one and a half football fields and as high as a four-story building. The boat was exactly six times longer than it was wide—the same ratio used by modern shipbuilders. This huge boat was probably built miles from any significant body of water by the few faithful men who believed God’s promises and obeyed his commands.

Respond

Don’t expect people to welcome or accept your message of God’s judgment against sin. Those who don’t believe in God will deny his judgment. But remember God’s promise to Noah to keep him safe. This can inspire you to trust God for deliverance in the judgment that we will all face
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 11:56

Genesis 29:14b-30

In Paddan-aram, Jacob starts to work for his uncle, Laban. But when he falls in love with Laban’s daughter Rachel, Jacob, the deceiver, is deceived . . .

Wife Swap

Since Jacob was in love with Rachel, he told her father, “I’ll work for you for seven years if you’ll give me Rachel, your younger daughter, as my wife.”

“Agreed!” Laban replied. “I’d rather give her to you than to anyone else. Stay and work with me.” So Jacob worked seven years to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days.

Finally, the time came for him to marry her. “I have fulfilled my agreement,” Jacob said to Laban. “Now give me my wife so I can sleep with her.” . . .

But when Jacob woke up in the morning—it was Leah! “What have you done to me?” Jacob raged at Laban. “I worked seven years for Rachel! Why have you tricked me?”
(Genesis 29:18-21, 25)

Reflect

The custom of the day was for a man to present a dowry, or substantial gift, to the family of his future wife. Marriage meant the loss of a valued worker, so this gift compensated for the loss. Jacob’s dowry was not a material possession, for he had none to offer. Instead, he agreed to work seven years for Laban. Laban did not tell Jacob about another custom of the land. The older daughter had to be married first. By giving Leah, not Rachel, to Jacob, Laban tricked him into devoting another seven years of hard work to the family.

Jacob was enraged when he learned that Laban had tricked him. The trickster who deceived Esau had been deceived himself. We often become upset at injustices done to us while closing our eyes to the injustices we do to others. Sin has a way of coming back to haunt us.

Although Laban tricked Jacob, Jacob kept his part of the bargain. People often wonder if working a long time for something they desire is worth it. Jacob worked seven years to marry Rachel. After being tricked, he agreed to work seven more years for her (although he did get to marry Rachel shortly after he married Leah)! The most important goals and desires are worth working and waiting for.

Respond

How do you respond when you have been faithful and you are used because of it? Are you bitter and angry? Does it consume you or do you continue to persevere in what is right? Ask God for guidance and patience as you work toward your Christ-honoring goals, and the wisdom to avoid treating others the way you have been treated.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 12:17

Genesis 4:1-16

Adam and Eve were banished from Eden after disobeying God. Later they have two sons: Cain and Abel.

Sibling Rivalry

When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the Lord. Abel also brought a gift—the best portions of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The Lord accepted Abel and his gift, but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected.

“Why are you so angry?” the Lord asked Cain. “Why do you look so dejected? You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”
(Genesis 4:3-7)

Reflect

The Bible does not say why God did not accept Cain’s gift. Perhaps Cain’s attitude was improper, or perhaps his gift was not up to God’s standards. Proverbs 21:27 says, “The sacrifice of an evil person is detestable, especially when it is offered with wrong motives.” God evaluates both our motives and the quality of what we offer him.

After Cain’s gift was rejected, God gave him the chance to right his wrong and try again. But Cain refused. Sin was “crouching at the door,” waiting to control him. Cain would have to give up his jealous anger in order to subdue the sin that was waiting to attack and destroy him.

Sin is still waiting to attack and destroy us. Like Cain, we will be victims of sin if we do not subdue it. But we cannot subdue sin on our own. Instead, we must turn to God to receive faith and turn to other believers to receive encouragement and strength. The Holy Spirit will help us overcome sin. This will be a lifelong battle that will not be over until we are face-to-face with Christ.

Respond

Cain refused God’s second chance, and the rest of his life shows what can happen to those who refuse to admit their mistakes. The next time someone suggests you are wrong, take an honest look at yourself and choose God’s way instead of Cain’s.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 12:18

Genesis 2:4-17

On the sixth day of Creation, the Lord gives instructions to Adam.

Choices

The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”
(Genesis 2:15-17)

Reflect

God placed Adam in a perfect environment, the Garden of Eden, and he gave Adam the responsibility to work the garden and to take care of it. His only rule: Adam could eat from any tree except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Rather than physically preventing him from eating, God gave Adam a choice and thus the possibility of choosing to disobey.

Why would God place a tree in the garden and then forbid Adam to eat from it? God wanted Adam to obey, but he also gave Adam the freedom to choose. Without choice, Adam would have been like a prisoner, and his obedience would have been hollow. The two trees provided an exercise in choice, with rewards for choosing to obey and sad consequences for choosing to disobey.

God still gives us choices, and we, too, often make the wrong choice. These choices may cause us pain, but they can help us learn and grow and make better choices in the future. Living with the consequences of our choices teaches us to think and choose more carefully.

Every day we face numerous choices, many with moral and ethical considerations: what to do with gossip we’ve heard; how to respond to an irritating customer or coworker; whether or not to face the facts and tell the truth; financial pressures; sexual temptation . . . Often we know that God wants us to go one way, but we desire to go another. When you are faced with a choice, place your desire before God, and ask him to help you choose well.

Respond

In each choice today, ask, “What does God want me to do?” If you know the answer, do it. If you don’t know the answer, ask him to show you . . . then do it.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 12:19

Day 12: Read today's devotional on Bible Gateway.

Genesis 13:1-18

After arriving in Canaan, Abram and his nephew Lot part ways.

Decisions

Lot took a long look at the fertile plains of the Jordan Valley in the direction of Zoar. The whole area was well watered everywhere, like the garden of the Lord or the beautiful land of Egypt. (This was before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) Lot chose for himself the whole Jordan Valley to the east of them. He went there with his flocks and servants and parted company with his uncle Abram. So Abram settled in the land of Canaan, and Lot moved his tents to a place near Sodom and settled among the cities of the plain. But the people of this area were extremely wicked and constantly sinned against the Lord.
(Genesis 13:10-13)

Reflect

Lot’s character is revealed by his choices. Good pasture and accessible water seemed like a wise choice to Lot. He took the best share of the land even though it meant living near Sodom, a city known for its sin. Note the comment in the text: “But the people of this area were extremely wicked and constantly sinned against the Lord.” He failed to recognize that Sodom could provide temptations strong enough to destroy his family. Lot seems to be greedy, wanting the best for himself, without thinking about his uncle Abram’s needs or what was fair.

Life presents a series of choices. We, too, can choose the best while ignoring the needs and feelings of others. But when we stop making choices that account for God and others, our only option is to make choices in the wrong direction.

Have you chosen to live or work in a “Sodom”? Even though you may be strong enough to resist the temptations, other members of your family may not. While God commands us to reach out to people in the “Sodom” near us, we must be careful not to become like the very people we are trying to reach. Even if we live near Sodom, we must constantly remain with God.

Respond

In what areas of your life have you stopped looking to God for direction? Take a moment now to lay all areas of your life before God and ask for his guidance. Only he knows the correct path for you to take. Choose his way.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 13:22

Day 18: Read today's devotional on Bible Gateway.

Genesis 19:1-29

God tells Abraham that he will destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot’s home, so Abraham pleads for mercy. But the destruction will not be stalled any longer, so God sends angels to warn Lot and his family.

Fair Warning

The angels questioned Lot. “Do you have any other relatives here in the city?” they asked. “Get them out of this place—your sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or anyone else. For we are about to destroy this city completely. The outcry against this place is so great it has reached the Lord, and he has sent us to destroy it.” . . .

When Lot still hesitated, the angels seized his hand and the hands of his wife and two daughters and rushed them to safety outside the city, for the Lord was merciful.
(Genesis 19:12-13, 16)

Reflect

God promised to save Sodom if only ten innocent people lived there (Genesis 18:32). Apparently not even ten could be found, because the angels soon arrived to destroy the city.

Lot hesitated to leave the city, so the angel seized his hand and rushed him to safety. Lot did not want to abandon the wealth, position, and comfort he enjoyed in Sodom.

The story of Sodom reveals that the people of Lot’s day had to deal with the same kinds of sins the world faces today. Lot was so content to live among ungodly people that he was no longer a believable witness for God. Instead of shaping his environment, he had allowed his environment to shape him. Do those who know you see you as a witness for God, or do you just blend into the crowd? Lot had compromised to the point that he was almost useless to God.

Respond

We can easily criticize Lot for being hypnotized by Sodom when the choice seems so clear to us. To be wiser than Lot, we must look out for the ways our culture attracts us and causes us to hesitate in following God.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeLun 8 Aoû - 13:24

Day 10: Read today's devotional on Bible Gateway.

Genesis 11:1-9

The clans descended from Noah’s sons become great nations.

Lost in Translation

Then they said, “Come, let’s build a great city for ourselves with a tower that reaches into the sky. This will make us famous and keep us from being scattered all over the world.”
(Genesis 11:4)

Reflect

The tower the people built was most likely a ziggurat, a common structure in Babylonia at this time. Most often built as temples, ziggurats looked like pyramids with steps or ramps leading up the sides. Ziggurats stood as high as 300 feet and were often just as wide; thus they were the focal point of the city. The people in this story built their tower as a monument to their own greatness, something for the whole world to see.

The people of the world were acting together, but they were united in doing something that displeased God. Note the comment, “This will make us famous.” The tower of Babel was a great human achievement, but it was a monument to people rather than to God. Unity can be a worthy goal, if people are doing what is right together. The pressure to go along with the group can be helpful in that case, but following God will sometimes mean breaking from the group.

We may build monuments to ourselves to call attention to our achievements: expensive clothes, big houses, fancy cars, important jobs. These may not be wrong in themselves, but when we use them to give us identity and self-worth, they take God’s place. We are free to develop in many areas, but we are not free to replace God in our lives.

Respond

Ask God to point out the “towers” you have built in your life. And ask for strength to stand alone, if you must, to do what is right in the world.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeMar 9 Aoû - 7:36

Genesis 31:1-42

God tells Jacob to return to his homeland. But when Laban finds the idols missing from his home, he chases down Jacob and his wives.

Get Out of Town

So Jacob put his wives and children on camels, and he drove all his livestock in front of him. He packed all the belongings he had acquired in Paddan-aram and set out for the land of Canaan, where his father, Isaac, lived. At the time they left, Laban was some distance away, shearing his sheep. Rachel stole her father’s household idols and took them with her.
(Genesis 31:17-19)

Reflect

While Jacob was living with his father-in-law, he always did more than was expected of him. When his flocks were attacked, he took the losses rather than splitting them with Laban. He worked hard even after several pay cuts. His diligence eventually paid off; his flocks began to multiply.

Leaving home was not difficult for Rachel and Leah because their father had treated them as poorly as he had treated Jacob. According to custom, they were supposed to receive the benefits of the dowry Jacob paid for them, which was fourteen years of hard work. When Laban did not give them what was rightfully theirs, they knew they would never inherit anything from their father. Thus, they wholeheartedly approved of Jacob’s plan to take the wealth he had gained and leave.

Jacob certainly had a complicated relationship with his in-laws. Even though Jacob manipulated the breeding of the flocks (Genesis 30:37-43) and snuck away with his family while Laban was gone (Genesis 31:17-19), Jacob was nevertheless a hard worker who brought wealth to his dishonest father-in-law. More importantly, Jacob was beginning to realize that whatever blessings he received were the gift of God, who was watching over him in the midst of his family turmoil.

Respond

Some of life’s most challenging relationships can be with family members. What relative do you have a complicated relationship with? Ask God to show you what you can do to honor him and that person.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeMer 10 Aoû - 5:08

Genesis 32:3-21

Jacob is traveling home, where he knows he will eventually have to face Esau. As he nears Canaan, Jacob receives terrifying news: Esau is coming to meet him—and he’s bringing an army!

Confrontation Point

Then Jacob prayed, “O God of my grandfather Abraham, and God of my father, Isaac—O Lord, you told me, ‘Return to your own land and to your relatives.’ And you promised me, ‘I will treat you kindly.’ I am not worthy of all the unfailing love and faithfulness you have shown to me, your servant. When I left home and crossed the Jordan River, I owned nothing except a walking stick. Now my household fills two large camps! O Lord, please rescue me from the hand of my brother, Esau. I am afraid that he is coming to attack me, along with my wives and children. But you promised me, ‘I will surely treat you kindly, and I will multiply your descendants until they become as numerous as the sands along the seashore—too many to count.’”
(Genesis 32:9-12)

Reflect

The last time Jacob had seen Esau, his older brother had been so angry at him for stealing the family blessing that he had vowed to kill Jacob as soon as their father, Isaac, died (Genesis 27:41). Jacob knew he had cheated his brother, and he remembered Esau’s parting words. So, fearing their reunion, Jacob sent messengers ahead with gifts, trying to buy Esau’s favor.

How would you feel if you knew you were about to meet the person you had cheated out of his most precious possession? Jacob had taken Esau’s birthright and his blessing (Genesis 25:33; 27:27-40). Now he was about to meet his brother for the first time in twenty years, and he was filled with fear. He collected his thoughts, however, and decided to pray. In this desperate prayer, Jacob reminded God of his promise to make his descendants “as numerous as the sands along the seashore” (Genesis 32:12), which would not be possible if he and his family were killed.

Respond

Are you facing conflict or a difficult circumstance? Do you fear a negative outcome? When we face conflict, we can either run about frantically or we can pause to pray. Stop right now and pray. Give it over to God and follow his guidance.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Aoû - 3:16

Genesis 32:22-32

After strategizing and sending gifts to his brother, Jacob is left alone. During the night he wrestles with God and is forever changed.

In His Grip

This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break. When the man saw that he would not win the match, he touched Jacob’s hip and wrenched it out of its socket. Then the man said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!”

But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

“What is your name?” the man asked.

He replied, “Jacob.”

“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.”

“Please tell me your name,” Jacob said.

“Why do you want to know my name?” the man replied. Then he blessed Jacob there.
(Genesis 32:24-29)

Reflect

Jacob was alone—no family, friends, workers, or even animals—alone with his thoughts and fears. Imagine what he must have felt as he lay on the ground, looking at the stars. But often the best time to meet God is when we are alone and at the end of our resources.

Jacob had spent most of his life wrestling with people, but now he was wrestling with God. Jacob continued this wrestling match all night just to be blessed. He was persistent. God encourages persistence in all areas of our lives, including the spiritual. Strong character develops as you struggle through tough conditions. Where in your spiritual life do you need more persistence?

Eventually God overcame Jacob by weakening him. Then God blessed Jacob by giving him a new name: Israel—from the Hebrew word that means “to struggle.” Various translations of Jacob’s new name include “one who struggles with God,” “let God rule,” and “a God-mastered man.” In any case, Israel is a changed man.

God gave many people in the Bible new names (Abraham, Sarah, Peter). Their new names symbolized how God had changed their lives. Here we see how Jacob’s character had changed. Jacob, the ambitious deceiver, became Israel, the one who struggles with God and overcomes.

Respond

If God changed your name to reflect the kind of person he’s making you into, what would that name be? “Loyal one”? “Courageous”? “Focused on God”? Ask him to help you change in that direction.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeSam 13 Aoû - 2:26

Genesis 12:1-9

Hundreds of years after the Flood, God calls Abram, a descendant of Shem.

Leaving the Comfort Zone

The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.”
(Genesis 12:1-3)

Reflect

When God called him, Abram moved in faith from Ur to Haran and finally to Canaan. God planned to develop a nation of people he would call his own. He called Abram from the godless, self-centered city of Ur to a fertile region called Canaan, where a God-centered nation could be established. Though small in dimensions, the land of Canaan was the focal point for most of Israel’s history as well as for the rise of Christianity. This small land given to one man, Abram, has had a tremendous impact on world history.

God then established a covenant with Abram, promising to make him a great nation. Not only would Abram’s own nation be blessed, God said, but the other nations of the earth would be blessed through Abram’s descendants, the people of Israel. They were to follow God and influence those whom they came in contact with. What’s more, through Abram’s family tree Jesus Christ was born to save humanity. Through Christ, people can have a personal relationship with God and be blessed beyond measure.

God promised to bless Abram and make him famous, but God had one condition: Abram had to do what God wanted him to do. This meant leaving his home and friends and traveling to a new land where God promised to build a great nation from Abram’s family. Abram obeyed, leaving his home to pursue God’s promise of even greater blessings in the future.

Respond

What is God calling you to? Don’t let the comfort and security of your present position cause you to miss God’s plan for you.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeSam 13 Aoû - 2:27

Genesis 16:1-16

God has promised a child to Abram, but both Abram and Sarai become convinced they must figure out how to make this happen.

Waiting for God

Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had not been able to bear children for him. But she had an Egyptian servant named Hagar. So Sarai said to Abram, “The Lord has prevented me from having children. Go and sleep with my servant. Perhaps I can have children through her.” And Abram agreed with Sarai’s proposal. So Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar the Egyptian servant and gave her to Abram as a wife. (This happened ten years after Abram had settled in the land of Canaan.)
(Genesis 16:1-3)

Reflect

Sarai was following a common practice of that time when she gave Hagar to Abram as a substitute wife. But at the same time, Sarai took matters into her own hands by doing this.

Abram was also acting in line with the custom of the day, but his action showed a lack of faith that God would fulfill his promise.

When we take over God’s role, we don’t give faith the chance to grow. Waiting on God can take a long time. In Abram and Sarai’s case, time was the greatest test of their faith and willingness to let God work in their lives on his schedule. Sometimes we, too, must simply wait. When we ask God for something and have to wait, we can be tempted to take matters into our own hands and interfere with God’s purposes. Like Abram and Sarai, we might fail along the way. But God is patient with us like he was with Abram and Sarai.

Respond

What situation have you been trying to control? How can you wait for God’s timing?

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done” (Philippians 4:6).
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitimeSam 13 Aoû - 2:28

Genesis 18:1-15

After God reaffirms the covenant to Abraham, heavenly visitors repeat his promise that Sarah will bear a son, but Sarah cannot believe it.

Punch Line

He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground. . . .

Then one of them said, “I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife, Sarah, will have a son!”

Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent. Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children. So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master—my husband—is also so old?”

Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Sarah was afraid, so she denied it, saying, “I didn’t laugh.”

But the Lord said, “No, you did laugh.”
(Genesis 18:2, 10-15)

Reflect

Abraham eagerly welcomed these visitors, as did Lot (Genesis 19:2). In Abraham’s day, a person’s reputation largely depended on his or her hospitality—the sharing of home and goods. Even strangers were to be treated as highly honored guests. Meeting another’s need for food or shelter was and still is one of the most immediate and practical ways to obey God. It is also a time-honored relationship builder.

These visitors brought specific news about Sarah and a baby boy. Because Sarah was over ninety, she thought the prediction was laughable. But when confronted about her response, she responded, “I didn’t laugh.”

Sarah lied because she was afraid of being discovered. Fear is a common motive for lying. We are afraid that our inner thoughts and emotions will be exposed or our wrongdoings discovered. In response to Sarah’s unbelief (and laughter), God says, “Is anything too hard for the Lord?” The obvious answer is, “Of course not!”

Respond

Nothing is too difficult for God. Make it a habit to insert your specific needs into God’s question. “Is this day in my life too hard for the Lord?” “Is this habit I’m trying to break too hard for him?” “Is the communication problem I’m having too hard for him?” Asking the question this way can remind you that God is personally involved in your life and nudges you to ask for his power to help you.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD   GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD Icon_minitime

GOD's story for your life , live for GOD, be obedient to GOD
Page 1 sur 1