Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go ...
Voir le deal
1099.99 €

Dogs / perros / chiens

Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeVen 14 Jan - 6:55

JANUARY 10, 2011

CHANTILY A SR. GOLDEN BAILED FROM SHELTER THIS WEEK NEEDS TO GO TO VET ASAP, NEED DONATIONS PLEASE
Please check out our link to our fundraiser for Chantilly. She was bailed out from the shelter, she needs to go to the vet now. A kind private rescuer bailed her out with the promise from other rescuers they would donate toward her and get her a foster home. They bailed on him. He has a heart of gold but he has no money to take her to the vet. He would not have saved her if he had not been promised to have her taken into a foster home. Now we want to help him get her into the vet. If you can donate even a dollar please please help! Happy New Year! Georgyne, Precious Paws

JANUARY 11, 2011

UPDATED" CHANTILLY - SR. GOLDEN MIX, WITH MEDICAL ISSUES NEEDS VET VISIT - NEED DONATIONS PLEASE
Please check out our link to our fundraiser for Chantilly. She was bailed out from the shelter, she needs to go to the vet now. A kind private rescuer bailed her out with the promise from other rescuers they would donate toward her and get her a foster home. They bailed on him. He has a heart of gold but he has no money to take her to the vet.
He would not have saved her if he had not been promised to have her taken into a foster home. Now we want to help him get her into the vet. If you can donate even a dollar please please help! Happy New Year!

Please help us out for Chantilly, so we can give her a second chance for a new and better life, it is sad her owner's dumped her when it got rough.

Georgyne, Precious Paws

http://www.causes.com/causes/210410?sharing_deleted=true
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeVen 14 Jan - 7:03

Créée le 30/12/2010 - Fin le 30/01/2011

Vieux chien de 12 ans maltraité dans la commune de Colonzelle

11746 signatures Auteur :Derivaz Marie-Claude - Cernil-Antoine 9 - 2300 La Chaux de Fonds - Suisse A l'attention de Maire de Colonzelle - Fondation 30 millions d'amis - Fondation Brigitte bardot - Bruno Soriano (Journaliste animalier)
Il y a quelques jours un vieux chien de 12 ans du nom de Trésor a été retrouvé dans un état lamentable (malnutrition, etc). Il a du être euthanasié Jeudi 30 décembre 2010 en fin d'après-midi suite à ces mauvais traitements infligés. La propriétaire demeure à Colonzelle (Drôme Provençale). Un procès verbal a été établi en date du 21.12.2010 par la gendarmerie de Grignan. (Nous donnons à disposition pour ceux qui voudraient se porter partie civil le N° du PV (Procès verbal).

Nous avons contacté la fondation 30 millions d’amis ainsi que la fondation Brigitte Bardot pour qu’ils se portent partie civile dans cette affaire. Afin que les animaux ne soient plus les victimes de la cruauté et de la cupidité des hommes. Il est temps que les peines pour violences physiques envers les humains soient appliquées également aux animaux. Quand punirons-nous réellement les auteurs de ces cruautés ?

http://www.mesopinions.com/Vieux-chien-de-12-ans-maltraite-dans-la-commune-de-Colonzelle-petition-petitions-c3667ef20f72cdcf8b5c92e41ab22772.html#signer-petition
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Jan - 19:11

JANUARY 27, 2011

New York City Passes Laws to Protect Dogs
posted by: Lauren Weber 3 days ago

Tell a FriendSharePrint.DiggRedditCare2StumbleUponmore Select a service:StumbleUponRedditDiggBuzz UpFacebookTwitterMySpaceMixxDel.icio.usGoogle BookmarksFavoritesCare2
sender info:your name: your email: recipient info:recipient's address(es): Separate multiple e-mail addresses by a comma. You can send up to 100 recipients. personal messageNew York City Passes Laws to Protect Dogs Hello,
I saw this on Care2 and thought you'd like it as well.

Care2 is the largest and most trusted information and action site for people who care to make a difference in their lives and the world.Care2.com send We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.373 commentsThanks to the hard work of petition signers and concerned animal activists, New York City Council has passed two great legislations to provide more protection for dogs in the city.

The first legislation limits the number of hours a dog can be chained up outside to three. This legislation also puts strict regulations on how heavy the chain can be and completely forbids the use of choke collars. The fine for breaking any of these is up to $500.

The second legislation passed increases the unaltered dog license fee from $11.50 to $34. This fee increase will hopefully encourage dog owners to spay or neuter their pets. The extra money will go towards programs in New York that help control dog overpopulation.

These two new legislations are a huge success for dog welfare in New York and hopefully other cities will use New York as a model for responsible dog ownership.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeLun 31 Jan - 12:12

JANUARY 13, 2011

Justice For Dog Doused With Gasoline
posted by: Sharon Seltzer 18 days ago

Tell a FriendSharePrint.DiggRedditCare2StumbleUponmore Select a service:StumbleUponRedditDiggBuzz UpFacebookTwitterMySpaceMixxDel.icio.usGoogle BookmarksFavoritesCare2
sender info:your name: your email: recipient info:recipient's address(es): Separate multiple e-mail addresses by a comma. You can send up to 100 recipients. personal messageJustice For Dog Doused With Gasoline Hello,
I saw this on Care2 and thought you'd like it as well.

Care2 is the largest and most trusted information and action site for people who care to make a difference in their lives and the world.Care2.com send We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.340 commentsNearly 20 months after teenage twins in Baltimore were arrested for setting fire to a Pit bull puppy named Phoenix, one of the young men was arrested again on attempted murder charges.

There may finally be justice for Phoenix, the Pit bull puppy who gained national attention when she was doused with gasoline and lit on fire for sport in May 2009.

Police arrested twin brothers Travers and Tremayne Johnson for the horrific crime, but 20 months later neither teen has been brought to trial.

At the time of the cruel act Baltimore police officer Syreeta Teel rushed to the dog’s aid and put the fire out with her sweater.

She said in an interview, “There were people around, but nobody was doing anything, so I got out of the car, took off my sweater and starting hitting her to put the fire out.”

“It was just sad, because I’ve never heard a dog make this sound. This scream that she made, I’ve never heard before.”

The nearly one year-old dog was taken to the Baltimore Animal Rescue & Care Shelter (BARCS) and in spite of her pain she arrived wagging her tail at her caregivers. The rescue workers nicknamed her Phoenix.

The shelter used their emergency funds to send Phoenix to an animal hospital for intensive treatment.

The veterinarians said they had never seen a dog with burns on every part of her body – even the pads of her feet were scorched. They also found puncture wounds that led them to believe she was used in dogfights.

The public fell in love with Phoenix and donations poured in for her care, but one week later the dog lost her battle when a secondary infection caused her kidneys to fail.

Up until last week the Johnson brothers seemed to be living a charmed life. Charges were dropped against them for having a gun and marijuana in their home and their trial for the death of Phoenix is still weeks away.

But on January 9 everything changed when Travers Johnson was arrested for attempted murder, assault and handgun violations. His arraignment is January 27, 2011.

With these charges and an upcoming trial for animal cruelty and mutilation maybe justice will finally be served for Phoenix.

Last month The Animal Legal Defense Fund released their annual report that ranks the strength of animal cruelty laws in each state. Illinois ranked number one for strong laws to protect animals, Maryland (Baltimore) came in at 43. The worst state in the country is Kentucky. Click Here to read the entire story.

Read more: dogfighting, animal cruelty, phoenix dog doused with gasoline, baltimore animal cruelty

http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfare/blog/justice-for-dog-doused-with-gasoline/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMer 9 Fév - 8:49

December 22, 2010

On behalf of the animals who's lives you have changed this year, we would like to thank you. Our work wouldn't be possible without kind supporters like you! In 2010 we helped to improve the lives of numerous animals around the world through our campaigns, projects and rescues. We are looking forward to tackling the many challenges that lie ahead of us and we hope that we can celebrate more great successes for animal welfare with your help.

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and thank you again for accompanying us on our journey this year.

See you in 2011!

Your FOUR PAWS team

Read more about a successful 2010

New Year’s Eve - a strain for animals

For many people, firecrackers, fireworks and sparklers are an essential element of a fun New Year’s Eve.
However, the noise and bright lights can cause animals high levels of stress. Animals may often panic and as a result, physical ailments such as diarrhoea may develop. Take our advice on how to make New Year's Eve as enjoyable for your pet as it is for you!

New Year’s Eve – a strain for animals

For many people, firecrackers, rockets and sparklers are an essential element of an enjoyable New Year’s Eve. The noise and bright light effects, however, can cause animals high levels of stress. Frequently, panicked reactions are the result. These can include physical manifestations such as diarrhea. FOUR PAWS provides advice on how to ensure pets survive New Year’s Eve without a problem.

In the days leading up to New Year’s Eve, dogs in urban areas should only be walked on a leash. Unexpected firecracker explosions can cause the dog to panic and run away

Do not leave animals home alone
On the 31st of December, cats and dogs should not be allowed outside without supervision. Small animals, cats or birds are best left in a quiet room with closed, covered windows on New Year’s Eve. Responsible owners will spend the evening at home with their animals or arrange for appropriate reliable supervision. The animals should definitely not be left home alone.

Dogs are most at ease in the company of their owner. However, they should not be taken along during fireworks, as the ongoing loud noise is a terrible strain. In addition, the sulphurous smoke from the fireworks can damage their mucous membranes.

Nervous dogs should not be comforted, as this serves to confirm their fears. Stay quiet and relaxed and ignore the dog’s fearful behaviour, thereby exuding the necessary confidence and security. Animals which tend to be extremely fearful may benefit from a mild sedative, which can be provided by the vet.

If you engage in the traditional melting of lead, ensure that the animals do not come into contact with the water used to cool the lead, as this can cause serious lead poisoning.

Explosions are also a strain for wild animals
Wild animals in nature are also disturbed by the New Year’s fireworks. These should never be used at the edge of forests, in clearings or in parks. People interested in doing their bit for animal welfare should not purchase rockets or firecrackers at all – the money can be used for more worthwhile purposes.

The biggest favour we can do our pets is to spend New Year’s Eve with them in peaceful and familiar surroundings.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeJeu 10 Mar - 16:14

JANUARY 13, 2011

Hospice care for old dogs who are dying

Posted By: Cheryl Gustafson
To: Members in Hospice care for old dogs who are dying
MISSING SMUDGGIE
Ever since I finished writing Smudggie's Life story and sent it off to be copywrited, I've felt a finality of something. Her life was 14 years long and I wrote her story in just a few months. Did I do her justice? Would she like it? How does a person put a lifetime together in just fifteen chapters. There's a sense of saddness, I have. Can't explain it. Part of me tells me that I won't be talking about her much anymore....that you will forget her. I pray that you always hold my dear baby in your heart and remember that it was Smudggie who started this Cause. I suppose I'm not willing to let go...not yet. It's only been five months; a short time but seems like forever that I last saw her and cared for her and heard her WOOF...woof. I feel empty today. When I was standing in the kitchen, the sunlight came pouring through the windows and I remembered "This very slant of sun is usually when I give my baby a treat." That "feel" of time..that knowing what time it is by the sun's rays. But this time, my baby girl's presence is not there. Sometimes, I can feel her spirit...when I'm calm and resting. I can "feel" her in the room and I get a peace about me...a completeness. And I know all is well if only for a minute or two.
Please don't forget my Smudggie. Please remember that every time a furbaby gets to pass at home because of this Cause...it's a great honor to my Smudggie.
God Bless you
Cheryl

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitimeDim 24 Fév - 11:15

february 22 , 2013

Loyal to the end: If he lived today, Hachiko's chances of surviving long on the streets of Shibuya would be very slim, especially if he was picked up by the Tokyo government's animal control division. | KYODO
ISSUES | THE FOREIGN ELEMENT
Millions of dogs, cats coddled, 200,000 gassed each year in pet-mad Japan
82% of animals that end up at public shelters face 'distressing' death by carbon dioxide
BY SIMON SCOTT
FEB 19, 2013 PRINT SHARE
Cast in bronze, Hachiko sits in a position of prominence befitting a storied daimyo or prime minister, right next to the busiest intersection in Japan, if not the world.

As the oft-told story goes, the famed golden-brown Akita would greet his master, professor Hidesaburo Ueno of Tokyo University, outside Shibuya Station at the end of every day as he returned from work.

After the professor died suddenly in 1925 of a stroke, Hachiko continued to wait patiently outside the station for his master day in, day out for another nine long years, until his own demise.

This enduring loyalty earned Hachiko the respect and affection of the Japanese public and led eventually to his immortalization in bronze in Shibuya and in modern Japanese folklore, as the embodiment of the unbreakable bond between man and his best friend.

Hachiko was also a dog for his time. Born into 1920s Japan, he lived through the prewar period when Japan’s leaders were busy whipping up a nationalistic storm about fealty to the Emperor and nation to support their military aims in Asia. Hachiko came to symbolize this “dogged” and blind loyalty.

By the standards of the Shibuya pooches of today, who daintily walk in his comparatively very large footsteps, Hachiko would probably be a long way from being considered even remotely kawaii.

Photos from back in the day reveal him to be a mangy-looking mutt with lopsided ears and a grumpy, forlorn face (perhaps understandably, considering his predicament). Yet he was loyal, and that was enough — at least back then.

Today, it is unlikely Hachiko would survive nine hours wandering around Shibuya crossing on his own, let alone nine years. If he managed to avoid being run over by an impatient taxi driver, he would likely be promptly picked up by Tokyo’s animal control division. And then his chances of survival would be very, very slim.

More than 204,000 pets — 82 percent of the total taken into public “animal shelters” that year — were euthanized in 2010, according to the latest available government figures. Just under 52,000 of these animals were dogs; the majority were cats.

In that same year, less than 29,000 abandoned pets — 11 percent of arrivals — were successfully re-homed.

In the U.K., in contrast, just over 7,000 dogs were euthanized in 2011, even though more than 126,000 were abandoned — a rate of less than 6 percent. The euthanasia rate for animals in Canada based on responses from just over half of the country’s shelters in 2010 was 36 percent.

Such comparisons highlight Japan’s very low rehoming rate and beg the question of why so many pets end up being put down.

Hiroyuki Satake, deputy director of the Tokyo metropolitan government’s Animal Protection and Consultation Center in Setagaya Ward, says it is an uphill battle convincing the public to adopt abandoned pets, although things have improved slightly in recent years.

“Japanese people are in the habit of going to a pet shop and buying a puppy. In Tokyo there are no puppies brought to the pound and so we only have adult dogs to re-home. People don’t want an adult dog — they want to get a dog when it is still young.”

Satake adds that even out of the small number of dogs that are successfully rehomed, the majority are not taken in by members of the public as family pets, but are mostly picked up by volunteers working for any number of Japan’s private animal shelters.

One such shelter is ARK (Animal Rescue Kansai), established by Briton Elizabeth Oliver in 1990. One of most well-known and respected animal shelters in Japan, ARK has been something of a trailblazer in the field of animal rights in Japan. Oliver was awarded an MBE (Member of the British Empire) by the queen last year for her services to animal welfare and civil society in Japan.

ARK currently houses about 180 cats and a similar number of dogs at its sanctuary in Osaka Prefecture, with around 30 more animals staying in ARK-registered foster homes in the Tokyo area.

A large number of the animals the shelter takes in are handed over by older people who are no longer able to look after them, Oliver says. “We get a lot of dogs from people in their 60s and 70s. Often they have to go into hospital and can’t take their dog with them.”

Oliver believes the root of this problem lies with the pet shops, which will only sell puppies. “I’m not against older people adopting animals, but if they go to a pet shop, the only animal you can get is one which is very young. If they come here [to ARK], we would say, ‘Well, take a dog which is 6 or 7 years old.’ ”

Oliver adds that in her native England the pet culture is very different and it is common for people to adopt older animals.

“People are more realistic in the U.K. If you are a certain age, you would be thinking to adopt something older. I think in Japan people just see cute puppies.”

ARK also takes in a lot of dogs from hoarders and what she calls “balcony breeders” — amateurs trying to make some quick yen breeding from home but who fail to sell the dogs.

Animal hoarders are people who keep an abnormally large number of domestic pets in their home despite lacking adequate space to house the animals or the ability to feed or look after them properly.

Hoarders are often mentally ill people who have an unhealthy, obsessive attachment to their pets and are unable to comprehend the suffering they are causing.

Recently six miniature pinschers were brought to the ARK shelter after the owner was apprehended by the authorities.

“She was a hoarder type and she had abused the dogs. The animals hadn’t been properly fed,” Oliver explains. “Amongst those six, two have died already. One, a so-called puppy, was about 8 months, but looked about 1 month. It weighed only 560 grams — the weight of a kitten.”

Walking the streets of Tokyo, you could be forgiven for thinking Japanese pets are the luckiest in the world. In many cases, they probably are.

Veterinarian Midori Wada from Daktari Animal Hospital in Tokyo says she is often impressed with how conscientious and devoted most pet owners in Japan are.

“From personal experience interacting with patients and their respective owners, a pet is family, not a family pet,” she says. “If an animal has an incurable disease, Japanese owners tend to be very devoted and they will do whatever they can to prolong the pet’s life rather than euthanize, so they can be together for one more day.

“We have patients who are hospitalized for months. The owners come to visit on a daily basis and I experience the strong human-animal bond and medical miracles that come from not giving up in our hospital.”

Wada adds that the responsible attitudes of many pet owners also make it possible to administer preventative treatment. Even people with completely healthy pets will diligently pay for vaccinations every year, as well as general health checks that include a variety of tests from a physical exam to a blood test — and even a CT scan.

Yet Wada also believes Japanese pet owners can at times go too far and overindulge their pets, which can create problems down the road.

“We have many pet owners who treat animals too much like people, making them good parents to their pets, maybe, but becoming too obsessed with them at the same time,” she says. “I’m used to seeing Louis Vuitton carriers, baby strollers, and a dog’s diet including Kobe beef and Yubari melons, which cost upwards of $50 per fruit.”

Wada says that sometimes this over-the-top treatment can result in serious medical issues for the animals. Forcing dogs into clothes in the very hot summer months can cause matted fur and skin problems, for example, and an imbalanced diet can lead to obesity.

As with any other fashion craze in Japan, ground zero for this pooch-pampering obsession is trendy Shibuya and neighboring Harajuku. Boutiques selling designer doggie clothes and accessories are now almost as common a sight as high school girls dressed up as “gothic Lolitas.”

Dare to imagine it and these shops have probably got it: ripped designer jeans for the Chihuahua, a heavy-knit English duffle coat to keep the Pomeranian warm in winter, or a Buzz Lightyear costume for the miniature dachshund — because, of course, he loved the film.

There are doggie necklaces, bracelets, hats, bootees, socks, carry bags, push chairs, nappies — even a bandana with a built-in gel cooling pad for those scorching summer months. And if money is no object, Chanel, Dior, Hermes and Gucci now have luxury dog product lines in Japan.

Then there are the service industries — pet theme parks, restaurants, cafes, hotels, swimming lessons, grooming sessions, manicures, massages, facials, and even special pet-only spa resorts. One can’t help but wonder who is enjoying themselves here — the dog or the owner?

And if old, noble Hachiko was raised from the dead and ambled once more through his old stomping ground, what would he make of the spoilt brand of toy dogs that crowd the area today? Would he even recognize them as being of the same biological order, let alone species, as himself?

For better or worse, Japan is in the throes of a pet boom and there is serious money to be made. In a climate of general economic stagnation, the industry is proving to be remarkably recession-proof, with the pet business estimated to be worth over ¥1 trillion a year and growing by the day. The nation’s total pet population is now a staggering 22 million — that’s over 5 million more than the number of children under 15 in Japan today.

No one can complain about an industry doing well, and a pet — just like a human — loved too much is better off than one not loved at all. But sadly, as the pet population grows, so does the number of animals that fall through the cracks.

For some pets that end up in the Animal Protection and Consultation Center in Tokyo, rehoming is not even attempted and they are sent to their death after only seven days.

“We observe the animals and decide if the chance of rehoming is high or low,” says Satake, the center’s deputy director.

Factors taken into consideration are the health, age and character of the animal, such as whether or not it is overly aggressive.

“If the odds of re-homing are good we keep it here for a long time, but if they are low then we quickly destroy the animal,” says Satake.

“The decision is ultimately made by one of our staff and it is hard for that person. They must themselves decide on life or death for the pet. This is a heavy burden for them to carry.”

In cases where animals are put down, the method of euthanization is one which has largely been abolished in the West: gassing by carbon dioxide.

The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) strongly criticized the use of carbon dioxide to put down animals in a recent report, citing the suffering it inflicts.

“Concerns over the humaneness of CO2 stem from its association with breathlessness and hyperventilation,” the report says. “At high concentrations, CO2 dissolves in the moisture of the animal’s airways producing carbonic acid that causes irritation and pain in the animal’s nose. Induction to unconsciousness is accompanied by escape attempts, licking, sneezing and increased movement or agitation indicating exposure is distressing.”

Satake says that carbon dioxide gas is still used in Japan because in the past the number of stray animals was even higher. This made it impractical to euthanize animals individually, such as by lethal injection, whereas with gas a large number can be killed simultaneously.

Satake acknowledges that the system currently in place is not ideal, but says changing to a more humane method would cost a lot of money.

“The truth is the most current method is not carbon dioxide but anesthetic gas,” he says. “There is a machine available which uses this gas, but it is very, very expensive. We want to buy this machine and change to this method, but it’s too costly.”

Currently, Shimonoseki city in Yamaguchi Prefecture is the only municipality in Japan that euthanizes its animals using anesthetic gas.

Another option for euthanizing unwanted pets would be to give them an intravenous injection of a barbiturate or anesthetic agent, inducing death through an overdose.

The WSPA regards an IV injection of a 20-percent pentobarbital solution (a barbiturate) as the most humane method of euthanizing cats or dogs as it induces “rapid loss of consciousness” and causes no “distressing side effects.”

Pentobarbital is also commonly used in conjunction with other drugs for the execution of criminals for capital crimes in some U.S. states.

However, Satake sees obstacles to such a hands-on method being introduced in Japan.

“In the case of giving an injection to each animal, well, it can lead to mental problems for the individual who has to do the killing, so we want to avoid direct methods such as injection,” he says. “In the case of a machine, well, the person can avoid directly handling the animals.”

Tucked away in a corner of the car park at the Animal Protection and Consultation Center — the place where the unwanted pets of Tokyo are processed before being sent to the gas chambers in Jonanjima on the outskirts of the city — is a small shrine.

Here, the staff of the center from time to time burn sticks of incense and say a prayer for the souls of those pets who never found a home — pets who never got to roam, free but lonely, like mangy Hachiko through the crowded streets of Shibuya to bum a stick of yakitori or a pork bun from a friendly passer-by.

Those interested in adopting a pet or donating to ARK should visit www.arkbark.net or email ark@arkbark.net. Send comments on this issue and story ideas to community@japantimes.co.jp .
Three-quarters of euthanized pets in Japan are cats

Of the more than 204,000 pets euthanized in Japan in 2010, around 152,000, or 75 percent, were cats, according to the latest available government figures.

The high proportion of cats being put down reflects a massive decrease in the number of puppies being abandoned, especially in large urban areas, rather than an increase in the number of cats, says Hiroyuki Satake, deputy director of the Tokyo metropolitan government’s Animal Protection and Consultation Center.

For example, in the Tokyo metropolitan area only two puppies were brought to the Animal Control Center in 2011 compared to 1,736 kittens.

Satake says this positive trend for dogs can be attributed to an increase in neutering rates and the urban Tokyo lifestyle.

“Everyone gets their dog spayed nowadays. In the past they didn’t due to the prices, perhaps, or they felt sorry for the animal,” he says.

“Also, in Tokyo everyone keeps their dogs inside their house rather than outside so there is no chance for them to breed.”

Cats, on the other hand, are more likely to roam free and so the risk of an unspayed female getting impregnated is a lot higher, he added.

MAIL THE EDITORREPUBLISHINGCOMMENTING POLICY
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Dogs / perros / chiens   Dogs / perros / chiens - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Dogs / perros / chiens
Page 11 sur 11Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11