Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Retour en stock du coffret Pokémon Zénith Suprême – ...
Voir le deal

catholic morning prayers

AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

catholic morning prayers Empty
MessageSujet: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:43

Morning Prayer

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ I will begin this day. I thank you, Lord God , for having preserved me during the night. I will do my best to make all I do today pleasing to You and in accordance with Your will. My dear Father GOD , watch over me this day. Take care of me. Pray for me . (followed by Daily Offering)

Arising from Sleep

O Master and holy God, who are beyond our understanding: at Your word, light came forth out of darkness. In Your mercy, You gave us rest through night-long sleep, and raised us up to glorify your goodness and to offer our supplication to You. Now, in your own tender love, accept us who adore You and give thanks to You with all our heart. Grant us all our requests, if they lead to salvation; give us the grace of manifesting that we are children of light and day, and heirs to Your eternal reward. In the abundance of your mercies, O Lord, remember all your people; all those present who pray with us; all our brethren on land, at sea, or in the air, in every place of Your domain, who call upon your love for mankind. Upon all, pour down your great mercy, that we, saved in body and in soul, may persevere unfailingly; and that, in our confidence, we may extol your exalted and blessed Name, Father, always, now and forever. Amen.

mercy = mercy n (leniency from compassion) clémence, compassion, indulgence

brethren = brethren (religion: fellow members) frères

night-long = toute la nuit

raises us up = soulever

reward = récompense

domain = terres

upon all = sur tous ?

call upon = réclament

extol = louer

gant us = accorde - nous

requests = demandes

heirs = héritiers

unfailingly = infailliblement  ( fiablement )

exalted (glorified) = glorifié

Master = Maître ?

come forth = avance

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Jeu 9 Jan - 3:58, édité 3 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:43

The Good Morning God Prayer
Good Morning God!
You are ushering in another day,
untouched and freshly new.
So here I am to ask you, God,
if You'll renew me too.

Forgive the many errors that I made yesterday
and let me try again dear God
to walk closer in Your way.

But Lord, I am well aware,
I can't make it on my own.
So take my hand and hold it tight,
for I cannot walk alone.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:44

Morning Prayer From the Roman Breviary

Lord God Almighty, who hast safely brought us to the beginning of this day, defend us in the same by Thy mighty power, that this day we may fall into no sin, but that all our words may so proceed, and all our thoughts and actions may be so directed as to do always that which is just in Thy sight. Through Christ our Lord.
Amen

Morning Offering
Most Holy and Adorable Trinity, one God in three Persons, I firmly believe that You are here present; I adore You with the most profound humility; I praise You and give You thanks with all my heart for the favors You have bestowed on me. Your Goodness has brought me safely to the beginning of this day. Behold, O Lord, I offer You my whole being and in particular all my thoughts, words and actions, together with such crosses and contradictions as I may meet with in the course of this day. Give them, O Lord, Your blessing; may Your divine Love animate them and may they tend to the greater honor and glory of Your Sovereign Majesty. Amen.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:45

Morning Offering Prayer # 1
O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary (here kiss your Brown Scapular *) I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the altars throughout the world, joining with it the offering of my every thought, word and action of this day.O my Jesus, I desire today to gain every indulgence and merit I can and I offer them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate... that she may best apply them to the interests of Thy most Sacred Heart.
* Precious Blood of Jesus, Save us!
* Immaculate Heart of Mary, Save us!
* Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have mercy on us!
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:46

Morning Offering Prayer

Almighty God, I thank you for your past blessings. Today I offer myself - whatever I do, say, or think - to your loving care. Continue to bless me, Lord. I make this morning offering in union with the divine intentions of Jesus Christ who offers himself daily inthe holy sacrifice of the Mass, and in union with Mary, his Virgin Mother and our Mother, who was always the faithful handmaid of the Lord.
Amen.

Morning Offering Prayer

As Morning breaks I think of you, O Lord, and my desire is to serve You joyfully. With gladness, I consecrate this day to Your Sacred Heart, and offer whatever joys and sacrifices may come my way. Thank You for the graces You will send, all the love, all the beauty, and the ways You will answer my prayers.
Today, may I love my enemies, and treat others as I would ask to be treated; may I forgive seventy times seven and show mercy; may I welcome the prodigal, have compasSion for the Samaritan; be a peace-maker and love my neighbor unconditionally. Take all my heart, and mind and strength, O Lord, that this day may be truly lived for Your greater honor and glory and for the salvation of souls.
Amen.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:47

A Morning Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux

O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to His infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of His merciful love. O my God, I ask of Thee for myself and for those dear to me the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy holy will, to accept, for love of Thee, the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in Heaven for all eternity.
Amen.

The Prayer, Morning Offering of the Apostleship of Prayer

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee my prayers, works, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Thy sacred Heart, in union with the holy sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all our associates, and in particular for the intention recommended this month by the Holy Father.
Amen.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:47

Prayers at the Day's Beginning
Lord, one more day to love you!
Brother Charles de Foucauld

O Jesus, watch over me always, especially today, or I shall betray you like Judas.
St. Philip Neri

Lord, today is the day I begin!
St. Philip Neri

Jesus, shine through me and be so in me that every person I come in contact with may feel your presence in my soul.
John Henry Cardinal Newman

My God, send me thy Holy Spirit to teach me what I am and what thou art!
St. John Vianney

May the Passion of Christ be ever in our heart.
St. Paul of the Cross

And to be more with Him, more with Him, not merely with oneself.
Pope John Paul II
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:49

MORNING PRAYERS

Morning prayers can refresh and recharge your soul as you get ready to take on the day with help from the best place possible: Our Creator!

Father F.X. Lasance wrote in the introduction to his work My Prayer Book that Morning Prayer “floods the heart with the breath of life and bathes it in the sunshine of God’s smile.” By giving God your day in prayer first thing in the morning, you get “the clear air of heaven,” as he put it, flowing into your heart.

That’s especially helpful on days that seem anythingbut heavenly. Also, on good days morning prayers can be “like honey descending into the soul,” in the words of St. Jean-Marie Vianney, in making them all that much sweeter.

We should treat morning prayers, like prayer itself, as a time to get closer to God by expressing our love for Him, thanking Him for His blessings, and offering Him everything good and bad in our day in doing His will.

It’s always good upon rising to make the Sign of the Cross (“In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”) followed by a Morning Offering, like this one below:

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all my relatives and friends, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

Note that this offering includes prayers for others along with ourselves, an essential part of a good prayer life, with help from the Blessed Virgin Mary. In this prayer we unite all the day’s activities and prayers with the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ at Calvary and in the Mass.

There are many other good morning prayers including other Morning Offerings, an offering from St. Therese, prayers for God's blessing,
prayers for grace and guidance, a prayer of resolution, and a moving
morning prayer to God. If all this seems a bit overwhelming, as our Lord said, “Let not your heart be troubled” (John 14:1)! You can always pray anOur Father, Hail Mary, and a Glory Be in morning prayers on hectic days, or perhaps say one of many great daily prayers (such as the acts of Faith, Hope, and Love) on your way to work or before doing chores. Many of these prayers are short and easy to memorize.

Remember also when you’re hurried that quality trumps quantity in prayer! St. Edmund once said that “it is better to say one Pater Noster [Our Father] fervently and devoutly than a thousand with no devotion and full of distraction.”

St. Bonaventure once remarked “when we pray, the voice of the heart must be heard more than that proceeding from the mouth.” Also, it never hurts to offer God your own thoughts in spontaneous prayers, even if they’re brief.

If you’re feeling more adventurous, St. Patrick's Breastplate can act like a round of calisthenics in energizing your soul! The Rosary is excellent, particularly when you need some relief from your worries while stuck in traffic. (If you feel you don’t have enough time or can’t concentrate, try praying one decade at a time throughout the day, starting in the morning.) It also makes for good mediation.

Along that line, it’s a good idea to look at the day’s Gospel reading and meditate on it whenever possible, preferably in the morning, with your own thoughts and ideas or ones such as those given here, perhaps.

The important thing is to “check in” with our Lord as soon as you can in morning prayers for daily guidance and support. And, no matter how busy you might be, He’s never too busy to hear for you.

In fact, He wants to hear from you, as much as possible! He’s ready to help you through the rough spots in your day, as in your life, if you ask Him.

Christ told His apostles regarding prayer “Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7). But, as St. Louis de Montfort once said: “Only he will receive, will find, and will enter who persists in asking, seeking, and knocking.”

So if it seems God isn’t listening or answering your prayers as you desire, don’t stop praying! Make morning prayers as much a part of your routine as getting dressed or eating breakfast. St. Augustine once said “as our body cannot be kept alive without nourishment, so our soul cannot be kept spiritually alive without prayer.”

The important thing is to trust in God to answer your prayers as He sees fit to help you in doing His will. Give God everything in your day so that He can fill your heart and soul with His love and grace. Hopefully then you can help Him do the same for others!

HELP SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE WITH PURCHASES
FROM OUR BOOK AND GIFT STORE OR CAFE PRESS STORE!

Return from Morning Prayers to Catholic Daily Prayers

Share this page:
What's This?
Facebook Twitter
Did you enjoy this page? Why not share it with others? Here's how...
© 2013 OUR CATHOLIC PRAYERS
All Rights Reserved
Home
Sitemap
Prayer Requests
Articles of Interest
Daily Prayers
Daily Readings
Aspirations
Special Prayers
Morning Prayers
Evening Prayers
The Rosary
A Scriptural Rosary
Marian Prayers
Saints' Prayers
Communion Prayers
Before Communion
After Communion
Confession Prayers
Before Confession
After Confession
Prayers for the Sick
About Death
For Troubled Times
For Various Needs
Novenas
Litanies
Blessed Sacrament
The Sacred Heart
The Holy Face
Liturgical Calendar
Lenten Prayers
Sorrowful Mother
Pentecost Prayers
Prayers for Priests
Prayers for the Pope
Our Store
Unique Gifts
Links
Link To Us
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Print Friendly and PDF

Google
Custom Search

Four Great Prayer Resources Available in our Web Store

(Click on each book below for more information.)
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:49

Home
Sitemap
Prayer Requests
Articles of Interest
Daily Prayers
Daily Readings
Aspirations
Special Prayers
Morning Prayers
Evening Prayers
The Rosary
A Scriptural Rosary
Marian Prayers
Saints' Prayers
Communion Prayers
Before Communion
After Communion
Confession Prayers
Before Confession
After Confession
Prayers for the Sick
About Death
For Troubled Times
For Various Needs
Novenas
Litanies
Blessed Sacrament
The Sacred Heart
The Holy Face
Liturgical Calendar
Lenten Prayers
Sorrowful Mother
Pentecost Prayers
Prayers for Priests
Prayers for the Pope
Our Store
Unique Gifts
Links
Link To Us
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
PRAYERS OF ST. THERESE

Would you like to meet one of our most beloved saints? The prayers of St. Therese of Lisieux below can help you to get better acquainted with this wonderful Carmelite Nun! Her autobiography Story of a Soul, published posthumously after her untimely death from tuberculosis at age 24 in 1897, reflected both her humility and her profound love of God. This book so touched hearts everywhere that she was canonized as a saint in 1925 and made a Doctor of the Church in 1997!

St. Therese of the Child Jesus, courtesy of Chant Art The prayers of St. Therese (who is also known affectionately as the “Little Flower”) have helped inspire the faithful everywhere to follow her “little way” of spirituality.

St. Therese noted that it wasn’t necessary to do great or heroic deeds to attain holiness, admirable though these might be, but rather to do the little things in life with love for God and others.

It isn’t necessary to be a “big shot” to follow her “little way.” Doing household chores can be just as pleasing to God as winning a Nobel Prize (perhaps even more so!) if you do them as best you can for Him and His glory!

St. Therese took as her religious name “St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face.” This reflected her devotion to approaching Jesus with the simple trust of a child, as well as her inspiration by the image of His Holy Face to do His work “hidden” and “forgotten,” as she put it. She wished to emulate our Lord in His profound humility and love for us in His passion!

The first of these prayers of St. Therese concerns the Child Jesus:

O Jesus, dear Holy Child, my only treasure, I abandon myself to Thy every whim. I seek no other joy than that of calling forth Thy sweet Smile. Vouchsafe to me the graces and the virtues of Thy Holy Childhood, so that on the day of my birth into Heaven the Angels and Saints may recognize in Thy Spouse: Teresa of the Child Jesus.

(On a side note, don’t be confused by her name for herself at the end of this last prayer. She is called “St. Therese of the Child Jesus,” “St. Therese of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face,” or even “St. Therese the Little Flower of Jesus” in different prayer books and websites. Sometimes her name is spelled “Teresa,” as above, but usually with one of these descriptions added to distinguish her from St. Teresa of Avila.)

The second is an eloquent Morning offering.

O my God ! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits ; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.

O my God! I ask thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in Heaven for all Eternity. Amen.

And, last, but not least, of our prayers here is this beautiful tribute to our Lord's Holy Face in His Passion!

O Jesus, who in Thy bitter Passion didst become "the most abject of men, a man of sorrows," I venerate Thy Sacred Face whereon there once did shine the beauty and sweetness of the Godhead; but now it has become for me as if it were the face of a leper! Nevertheless, under those disfigured features, I recognize Thy infinite Love and I am consumed with the desire to love Thee and make Thee loved by all men.

The tears which well up abundantly in Thy sacred eyes appear to me as so many precious pearls that I love to gather up, in order to purchase the souls of poor sinners by means of their infinite value. O Jesus, whose adorable face ravishes my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy divine image and to set me on fire with Thy Love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.

We can see in these prayers of St. Therese and these others her wonderfully all encompassing love for God. She wanted our Lord to be able to show others His love and mercy as much as possible through her!

To St. Therese being “little” in humility meant that, as John the Baptist once said about Jesus, “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30). May we be similarly inspired by her prayers and her example to be able to say, like the Blessed Mother, that "My soul magnifies the Lord" (Luke 1:46).

Return from Prayers of St. Therese to Prayers to Saints

Go From Prayers of St. Therese to Prayers to St. Therese

Share this page:
What's This?
Facebook Twitter
All Rights Reserved
Print Friendly and PDF

Google
Custom Search

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:50

PRAYERS FOR GOD'S
BLESSING UPON THE DAY

These morning prayers for God's Blessing ask for His help for our spiritual protection and well-being. Notice how the first one, addressed to Our Lord Jesus Christ, encourages us to pray for both our friends and our enemies, as well as for ourselves, with help from the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Saints.

O Lord, into Your hands and into the hands of Your holy angels, this day I entrust my soul, my relatives, my benefactors, my friends and enemies, and all Your Catholic people. O Lord, by the merits and prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary and of all Your saints, keep us today from all evil and unruly desires, from all sins and temptations of the devil, from a sudden and unprovided death, and from the pains of hell. Enlighten my heart with the grace of Your Holy Spirit. Grant that I may ever be obedient to Your commandments. Let me never be separated from You, O God, who live and reign with God the Father and the same Holy Spirit forever. Amen. (Prayer by St. Edmund)

These two prayers for God's Blessing focus on discernment:

Lord God Almighty, You have brought us safely to the beginning of this day. Defend us in it by Your mighty power, that this day we may not fall into sin, but that all our words may be spoken and all our thoughts and actions directed in such a manner as always to be pleasing in Your sight. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Lord, we beg of you, go before us with Your gracious inspiration in all our doings, and help us with your continual assistance, that our every prayer and work may begin from You and be duly ended by You. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

When God gives us His grace from these prayers, we can better experience His peace. That is truly its own blessing!

Return from Prayers For God's Blessing to Morning Prayers

Share this page:
What's This?
Facebook Twitter
All Rights Reserved
Home
Sitemap
Prayer Requests
Articles of Interest
Daily Prayers
Daily Readings
Aspirations
Special Prayers
Morning Prayers
Evening Prayers
The Rosary
A Scriptural Rosary
Marian Prayers
Saints' Prayers
Communion Prayers
Before Communion
After Communion
Confession Prayers
Before Confession
After Confession
Prayers for the Sick
About Death
For Troubled Times
For Various Needs
Novenas
Litanies
Blessed Sacrament
The Sacred Heart
The Holy Face
Liturgical Calendar
Lenten Prayers
Sorrowful Mother
Pentecost Prayers
Prayers for Priests
Prayers for the Pope
Our Store
Unique Gifts
Links
Link To Us
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Print Friendly and PDF

Google
Custom Search

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:50

Home
Sitemap
Prayer Requests
Articles of Interest
Daily Prayers
Daily Readings
Aspirations
Special Prayers
Morning Prayers
Evening Prayers
The Rosary
A Scriptural Rosary
Marian Prayers
Saints' Prayers
Communion Prayers
Before Communion
After Communion
Confession Prayers
Before Confession
After Confession
Prayers for the Sick
About Death
For Troubled Times
For Various Needs
Novenas
Litanies
Blessed Sacrament
The Sacred Heart
The Holy Face
Liturgical Calendar
Lenten Prayers
Sorrowful Mother
Pentecost Prayers
Prayers for Priests
Prayers for the Pope
Our Store
Unique Gifts
Links
Link To Us
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
A PRAYER OF RESOLUTION

Picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus courtesy of Chant Art

This morning Prayer of Resolution invites us to follow in Jesus’s footsteps as we strive each day to live as good Christians being made worthy to share Eternal life with Him.

Adorable Jesus, my Savior and Master, model of all perfection, I resolve—and will try this day—to imitate Your example, to be like You, mild, humble, chaste, zealous, charitable, and resigned. I will redouble my efforts to see Your image in all those I meet and deal with this day, and to be as helpful to them as I would be to You. I resolve to avoid this day all those sins which I have committed heretofore and which I now sincerely desire to give up forever. Amen.

It is particularly important to note this prayer asks us to try to see our Lord’s face not just in the people we love but in everyone, even your cranky boss, gossipy co-workers, or irritable (or irritating) in-laws!

While this can be quite a challenge at times, Christ enjoined us to love, and pray for, our enemies (or at least be able to forgive them in our hearts), and to “love one another as I have loved you!” (John 13:34). He also said that whatever we do for the “least of my bretheren” we do for Him (Matt 25:40).

If following the suggestions in this Prayer of Resolution seems to be too big a task, remember that with God “all things are possible” (Matt 19:26, and Mark 9:22) if we approach Him with humility, faith, and a genuine desire to do His will. As long as we do our best to imitate our Lord, He’ll help us
deal with our daily difficulties in a “resigned,” that is to say in this case gracious, fashion.

As Jesus said in the Gospels (Matt 11:28-30) “Come to me, all you who labor, and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke [the law of His love as found in His Commandments] upon you, and learn from me, because I am meek, and humble of heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.” His grace can lighten our burdens as well if we ask for it humbly and sincerely in our prayers.

Several times in the Gospels, our Lord said to His apostles, disciples, and others, “Follow Me!” In this day and age when people look for “role models” to follow, is there any better one to have than our Savior, who gave His life not just out of love for all of us, but also for each of us, indeed, for you?

Return from A Prayer of Resolution to Morning Prayers

Share this page:
What's This?
Facebook Twitter
All Rights Reserved
Print Friendly and PDF

Google
Custom Search

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:51

PRAYERS FOR GRACE
AND GUIDANCE

These morning prayers for grace and guidance can help put you in a
proper frame of mind to discern God’s will. They can also help you resist temptation and deal with life’s misfortunes.

The first of these prayers touches upon our need for humility and for equanimity in carrying our crosses.

Oh my God, You know my weakness and failings, and that without Your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others’. Grant me, therefore, the help of Your grace. Grant it according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the task You will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and help me work hard at my appointed tasks. Teach me to bear patiently all the trials of suffering or failure that may come to me today. Amen.

Christ wants to give us the grace to offer Him up our troubles, just as he offered up His Passion to His Heavenly Father on the Cross. Indeed, our
Lord told St. Paul that His grace was sufficient for him in his own struggles (2 Cor 12:9).

The better we bear our crosses as an offering for the expiation of sins, the more the road to Calvary seems less of a detour and more of a path on the road to heaven.

The second of these prayers asks God for His help to keep us free from sin and focused on doing His will.

O Lord God almighty, who has brought to us to the beginning of this day, defend us in the same by Your power; that we may not this day fall into any sin, but that all our thoughts, words, and works may be directed to the fulfillment of Your will. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen.

And finally, this last of these prayers brings to mind the line from Psalm 95:7-8: “Today if you shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts.”

Merciful Lord, you are never weary of speaking to my poor heart. Grant me grace that, if today I hear your voice, my heart may not be hardened. Amen.

Our Lord expressed anguish on several occasions in the Gospels about people (such as those described in John 12:40, Matthew 13:15, and Mark 3:5) whose hearts were too hardened to follow His message of salvation
and Eternal Life through and with Him.

These prayers remind us that we need to be open to God’s graces to receive them. Let these prayers for grace and guidance help you keep the doors of your heart open to His love, in good times and bad!

Return from Prayers for Grace and Guidance to Morning Prayers

Share this page:
What's This?
Facebook Twitter
All Rights Reserved
Home
Sitemap
Prayer Requests
Articles of Interest
Daily Prayers
Daily Readings
Aspirations
Special Prayers
Morning Prayers
Evening Prayers
The Rosary
A Scriptural Rosary
Marian Prayers
Saints' Prayers
Communion Prayers
Before Communion
After Communion
Confession Prayers
Before Confession
After Confession
Prayers for the Sick
About Death
For Troubled Times
For Various Needs
Novenas
Litanies
Blessed Sacrament
The Sacred Heart
The Holy Face
Liturgical Calendar
Lenten Prayers
Sorrowful Mother
Pentecost Prayers
Prayers for Priests
Prayers for the Pope
Our Store
Unique Gifts
Links
Link To Us
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Print Friendly and PDF

Google
Custom Search

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:51

Home
Sitemap
Prayer Requests
Articles of Interest
Daily Prayers
Daily Readings
Aspirations
Special Prayers
Morning Prayers
Evening Prayers
The Rosary
A Scriptural Rosary
Marian Prayers
Saints' Prayers
Communion Prayers
Before Communion
After Communion
Confession Prayers
Before Confession
After Confession
Prayers for the Sick
About Death
For Troubled Times
For Various Needs
Novenas
Litanies
Blessed Sacrament
The Sacred Heart
The Holy Face
Liturgical Calendar
Lenten Prayers
Sorrowful Mother
Pentecost Prayers
Prayers for Priests
Prayers for the Pope
Our Store
Unique Gifts
Links
Link To Us
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
A MORNING PRAYER TO GOD

Painting of The Missal by John William Waterhouse courtesy of Wikipedia

This prayer, called simply a Morning Prayer to God, comes from The Prayer Book, published in the 1950’s. It includes some wonderful scriptural images and themes in just a few sentences!

Benefactor of all who turn to Thee
Light of all who are in darkness,
Creative principle of every seed,
Gardener of all spiritual growth,
Have pity on me, Lord,
and make me a temple without reproach.
Look not upon my sins.
If Thou takest account of my faults,
I cannot stand before Thee;
but in Thine immense mercy
and infinite compassion
wash away my stains through our Lord Jesus Christ,
most holy and Thine only Son,
the physician of our souls.
Through Him may there be rendered to Thee all glory,
power, honor, and splendor,
through ages of ages
which wane not and have no end.

This Morning Prayer to God refers to our Creator in a number of inspiring ways. Our Lord is light (suggestive of the reference to Him as “the light of men” from John 1:4). He’s also our spiritual gardener. (Think here of Jesus’s reference to His Heavenly Father as a farmer pruning us as His branches, part of His admonition for us to bear good fruit in our lives, from John 15:1-5.)

In addition, Christ is the “physician of our souls,” indeed! He told the Pharisees in the Gospels when they asked him why He ate and drank with publicans and sinners that “They that are well have no need of a physician, but they that are sick. For I came not to call the just, but sinners” (Mark 2:17). (And that includes all of us!)

The Morning Prayer to God also has some moving pleas for His mercy, suggestive of the Penitential Psalms 51:4 (“Wash me free of my guilt, cleanse me of my sin”) and 130:3 (“If You, Lord, were mindful of our sins, Lord, who could endure it?”).

The need of God's mercy becomes even more apparent when we consider that we’re called upon to be temples of God and of his Spirit, according to St. Paul, and should thus be “without reproach” (as is written in the prayer above).

As he wrote in one of his letters to the Corinthians, “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone destroys the temple of God, him will God destroy; for holy is the temple of God, and this temple you are” (1 Cor 3:16-17).

Fortunately, that's not as scary as it sounds, although a healthy fear of the Lord is one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. For those times we come up short in our fallen humanity, Christ can wash away our stains in the Sacrament of Penance (Confession), which He instituted for the forgiveness of sins.

It is important for us to make use of this sacrament, and indeed to seek humility in our spiritual life, so as to be more worthy to share Eternal Life with our Lord. As the ending of this prayer reminds us He exists in eternity, “through ages of ages”!

Return from A Morning Prayer to God to Morning Prayers

Share this page:
What's This?
Facebook Twitter
All Rights Reserved
Print Friendly and PDF

Google
Custom Search

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: catholic morning prayers   catholic morning prayers Icon_minitimeMar 7 Jan - 2:52

A MORNING OFFERING

What’s the best thing you can give God first thing in your day? A Morning offering! Although people have started their day with fervent prayers to God for centuries, this first Morning offering below, or perhaps one of its variations, is the best known today. It was composed by Father Francois Xavier Gaulrelet in 1844 for his Apostleship of Prayer which he founded that year.

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the
Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, the reparation for sin, and the reunion of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all Apostles of Prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our Holy Father this month.

This prayer truly offers God everything in our day, good and bad, while reminding us of the importance of praying for others, with the help of our Blessed Mother, including our bishops and our Holy Father. They can all certainly use our prayers these days!

The Apostleship of Prayer, by the way, is still doing wonderful work for God, as described here. They write on their website that, “Pope John Paul II once said that the practice of praying the Morning Offering is ‘of fundamental importance in the life of each and every one of the faithful.’ It is a daily reminder to make our entire day, our whole life ‘a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God’ (Romans 12: 1).” In doing so we are also joining our sacrifice with that of our Lord both in His Passion and in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass!

You can use one of these prayers as a morning offering as well:

My God, I adore You, and I love You with all my heart. I thank you for having created me, made me a Christian, and preserved me this night. I offer You the actions of this day. Grant that all of them may be in accordance with Your holy Will and for Your greater glory. Protect me from sin and from all evil. Let Your grace be always with me and with all my dear ones. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, in union with that divine intention with which You offered to God Your praises on earth through Your most Sacred Heart, and now offer them in the Sacrament of the Eucharist everywhere even to the end of time, I most gladly offer You throughout this entire day, all my thoughts and intentions, all my affections and desires, all my words and deeds, in imitation of the most holy heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculate. Amen.

Into Thy hands, O God, we commend ourselves this day, and all those who are dear to us. Let the gift of thy wonderful presence be with us even to the end of the day. Grant that we never lose sight of Thee all the day long, but rather praise and beseech Thee, that our thanks may come to thee again at its close. Amen

And finally, this prayer is resonant of St. Therese’s Morning Offering, especially in its last line, “let my last heartbeat be an act of perfect love” which calls to mind her words “I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart”:

Lord Jesus, I unite myself to Your perpetual, unceasing, universal Sacrifice. I offer myself to You every day of my life and every moment of every day, according to Your most holy and adorable Will. Since You have been the Victim of my salvation, I wish to be the victim of Your love. Accept my desire, take my offering, and graciously hear my prayer. Let me live for love of You; let me die for love of You; let my last heartbeat be an act of perfect love.

Return from A Morning Offering to Morning Prayers