Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

fip RESEARCH

AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

fip RESEARCH Empty
MessageSujet: fip RESEARCH   fip RESEARCH Icon_minitimeMar 2 Avr - 13:24

april 1st 2013

A message from the cause
Support F.I.P. Research
New message about FIP Fighters wishes for April 2013
Posted by Oscar Birman (cause leader)

Every donation counts
DONATE
http://links.causes.com/s/clJQxL?r=Gbk9

Here are the wishes for April:

We are starting with a very special one from Chris Cook Biddle:

http://links.causes.com/s/clJQxP?r=Gbk9

When i created this event, i couldn't write this description. It was too hard. Now i feel i should add it to the description so everyone knows what happened to my little guy.. he was a shelter kitty i had for just over a year when i noticed he was sick. he had been to the vet twice and the medications and syringe feedings were not helping him so i took him to another vet for a second opinion. after more tests, x-rays and 2 days in the hospital, the vet called and told me that Mr. Swanson had FIP. i knew that was a death sentence so i went and picked him up and we went to his regular vet. more tests! and the diagnosis was confirmed. i had to end his suffering that afternoon. i still can't type this without tears. just like that, he was gone. anyway,before he died, i had a dream about my little cheese puff. i was suppose to share his awesomeness with the world. i would like to invite everyone to post him as their profile pic for one day so my dream will come true. maybe, just maybe, this will inspire someone to adopt a shelter kitty!

This is Susan's wish, together with Jim she founded the Bria Fund for FIP Research:
"April is such a bittersweet month for Jim and me. Happy, because our lovely lilac point Birman Cassie was born on April 6, 2005. Happy 8th Birthday Cassie! But, in the same month, on April 19, 2005, we lost our beautiful blue lynx point Birman, Bria, to FIP at 9 months old. We are blessed to have healthy Cassie and Angel Bria in our lives. We promised Bria we would never forget her, and her short little life had meaning and value. She taught us so much about courage and fighting FIP. We miss you sweet girl, but because of you, we continue the fight! Susan and Jim."

In memory of Bria and far too many, much loved and missed fur angels, if you are able, please make a contribution to our FB Support FIP Research Cause. You can also donate through the Winn Feline Foundation http://links.causes.com/s/clJQxT?r=Gbk9 via PayPal, credit card, electronic transfer, or through the mail by check. Regardless of the method, please designate the Bria Fund for your donation. A donation of any amount is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for fighting the war against FIP. We are a Mighty Army, and Together, we will end FIP!

Susan and the other Cause Administrators, LuAnn, Marleen, Julie and Kelly

Want to get involved? See this fundraiser on Causes
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

fip RESEARCH Empty
MessageSujet: Re: fip RESEARCH   fip RESEARCH Icon_minitimeMer 3 Avr - 2:54

April the 3rd of 2013

WINN FELINE FOUNDATION AWARDS NINE GRANTS FOR FELINE HEALTH STUDIES
Inbox
x

Support FIP Research via Causes
9:57 AM (55 minutes ago)

to me

Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from no-reply@causesmail.com

A new message from the cause
Support F.I.P. Research
Posted by Oscar Birman (cause leader)

Help this cause grow
INVITE FRIENDS
Two new FIP research studies received Bria Fund grant awards thanks to your generous donations of last year! Please find below more info about these two new Bria Fund studies.

March 1, 2013 For Immediate Release

Wyckoff, NJ, March 1, 2013: The Winn Feline Foundation is pleased to announce the award of nine feline medical research grants funded through the generous support of private and corporate donations from around the world. Winn Board President Vicki Thayer, DVM, DABVP (feline) commented, "We had a very large pool of grant proposals this year, and were impressed by the scope of studies and commitment of the researchers. The review committee considered 59 proposals and, based on a number of criteria including the quality of the science, impact of results and available funding, selected the top nine studies by consensus. This year we awarded $176,752 in grantsf or studies on a variety of diseases including asthma, FIP, cardiomyopathyin Norwegian Forest Cats, ringworm, pain management, kidney disease and teardisorders of the eyes." Grants were awarded for the following research studies:

BRIA FUND STUDIES:

In vivo efficacy study of virus protease inhibitors against felinecoronaviruses in a mouse model

(W13-020) Bria Fund. Principal Investigator: Yunjeong Kim; Kansas State University; $19,920

Despite the importance of FIP as the leading infectious cause of death in young cats, there is no specific treatment approved for FIP. Therefore, it s highly desirable to develop antiviral drugs for FIP to prolong the length and quality of life for cats affected by this devastating disease. The feline coronavirus uses protease enzymes for virus replication. These researchers recently discovered novel inhibitors against the felinecoronavirus 3CL protease, and these inhibitors potently inhibited the replication of feline coronaviruses in cells. The goal of this project is to test the antiviral activity of protease inhibitors in a mouse model.

Host immune response of feline kidney cells to pathogenic and non-pathogenicfeline coronavirus strains: Developing biomarkers for FIP

(W13-019) Bria Fund. Principal Investigator: Yvonne Drechsler, PhD and Pedro Diniz, DVM, PhD; Western University of Health Sciences; $25,000

Feline infectious peritonitis (FIP) is a devastating disease cause by a coronavirus that is almost always fatal, especially in young cats. It causes subtle onset of signs such as persistent fever that does not respond to treatment, weight loss, and sometimes fluid accumulation in the abdomen and chest. FIP remains one of the most difficult diseases to definitively diagnose in feline medicine. There is also very limited information on how the immune system of an infected cat responds to the virus. The felinecoronavirus occurs in two different forms, one infecting the gut causing only mild symptoms (FECV, feline enteric coronavirus) and the second one causing the fatal disease (FIPV). There is currently no method to distinguish between those two forms and no information on the difference in immune response to these viruses. The goal of this study is to investigate the immune response of various feline cells infected by FIPV and FECV toidentify markers that can be used to distinguish between the two virus forms in order to better understand the immunity of infected cats. These results will enable researchers to develop better diagnostics and improved treatments for FIP.

About Winn Feline Foundation
The Winn Feline Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 1968 that supports studies to improve cat health. Since 1968, the Winn Feline Foundation has funded more than $4 million in health research for cats at more than 30 partner institutions world-wide. For further information, go to http://links.causes.com/s/clJRvf?r=VvM2.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

fip RESEARCH
Page 1 sur 1