Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Lions / leones / lions

AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

Lions / leones / lions Empty
MessageSujet: Lions / leones / lions   Lions / leones / lions Icon_minitimeDim 2 Jan - 6:54

December 20, 2010

Mountain Lions Move Into Woman’s Backyard (Video)
posted by Diana Vilibert Dec 28, 2010 12:01 pm
filed under: Pets & Animals, Videos, Wildlife, animal videos, lion cub video, lion video, mountain lion video

Add to FavoritesTell a FriendSharePrint.DiggRedditCare2StumbleUponmore Select a service:StumbleUponRedditDiggBuzz UpFacebookTwitterMySpaceMixxDel.icio.usGoogle BookmarksFavoritesCare2
sender info:your name: your email: recipient info:recipient's address(es): Separate multiple e-mail addresses by a comma. You can send up to 100 recipients. personal messageMountain+Lions+Move+Into+Woman%26%238217%3Bs+Backyard+%28Video%29 Hello,
I saw this on Care2 and thought you'd like it as well.

Care2 is the largest and most trusted information and action site for people who care to make a difference in their lives and the world.Care2.com send We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.79 comments If you thought your neighbors bothered you by mowing the lawn too early, talk to Lynn Thomas. The Colorado woman recently discovered a mother mountain lion and her two cubs living in her backyard.

Diana Vilibert is a freelance lifestyle, dating, and sex writer living in New York City. You can also find her at www.diana-vilibert.com.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/mountain-lion-neighbors.html#ixzz19syx1RQv
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Lions / leones / lions   Lions / leones / lions Icon_minitimeDim 2 Jan - 17:13

December 29, 2010

Bagira was forced to live in absolutely terrible conditions in a zoo in the town of Pavlikeni. The once proud lioness was in a pitiful state - she was terribly emaciated and had several infected wounds in the pelvic area. She could barely walk, and with every step she took she breathed heavily.

When FOUR PAWS learned about Bagira’s terrible suffering, it was obvious that the animal had to be urgently taken to LIONSROCK, our Big Cat Sanctuary in South Africa, where she may be able to live free from suffering and together with other lions for several more years.

However, Bagira’s rescue and medical treatment need funding! With every donation you can spare for Bagira - be it €50, €30 or €20 - you help to give her a new and appropriate home after a life full of suffering.

On behalf of Bagira we want to thank you for your help and we wish you all the best for the year ahead

https://www.secureconnect.at/4pfoten.org/donation/donate.php
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Lions / leones / lions   Lions / leones / lions Icon_minitimeMar 4 Jan - 12:45

December 15, 2010

Florida Man to Live in Lion’s Den!
posted by: Megan Drake 1 day ago

Tell a FriendSharePrint.DiggRedditCare2StumbleUponmore Select a service:StumbleUponRedditDiggBuzz UpFacebookTwitterMySpaceMixxDel.icio.usGoogle BookmarksFavoritesCare2
sender info:your name: your email: recipient info:recipient's address(es): Separate multiple e-mail addresses by a comma. You can send up to 100 recipients. personal messageFlorida Man to Live in Lion’s Den! Hello,
I saw this on Care2 and thought you'd like it as well.

Care2 is the largest and most trusted information and action site for people who care to make a difference in their lives and the world.Care2.com send We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.34 commentsHow far would you go to raise money for a cause? A Florida man, James Jablon, has decided to walk in to a lion’s den – literally -- for a month!

Wildlife Rehabilitation of Hernando (WROH) started out providing medical care for wild animals with the goal of releasing back to the wild. It is a noble cause. The problem is, Jablon has a hard time saying ‘no’ when people ask him to keep exotic pets that are no longer welcome in their home.

Feeding costs and medical expenses for the 100 animals on site are quite costly. WROH works entirely from donations. The economy being what it is, Jablon decided to take an unorthodox approach to fundraising.

So at midnight on New Year’s Eve he entered the enclosed 3,000 square foot lion’s den in his back yard. He intends to stay there until January 31, eating, sleeping and playing with his two lions, Ed and Lea.

The lions are not full grown and are familiar with Jablon which is why he feels safe with them. Live streaming video will be broadcast. Be patient – WROH does not have broadband and sometimes the link is unavailable if a large number of viewers are watching simultaneously. Try a bit later.

“If the lions were fully grown I wouldn’t be doing this” says Jablon. “I feel they are still at the size and development stage where I can control them but, yes, they’re big, and I have to take great care.”

The 46 year old is quoted “I may have to construct a bed in one of the trees, just out of their reach or come up with another idea, depending on what they make of me being there. After all, lions generally sleep for 18-20 hours a day so I’m going to be getting a lot of rest” said Jablon.

“But I’ll be ever-vigilant and I will have a small fenced-off safety area in the corner if it looks like they’re getting too aggressive or I feel things are getting too dangerous” adds Jablon.

Bravery or foolhardy? Perhaps, simply a desperate effort to help a cause.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Lions / leones / lions   Lions / leones / lions Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Jan - 12:03

January 5, 2011

Man Lives with Lions for 31 Days

A Florida man named Jim Jablon has pledged to live with two young lions in an enclosure for all of January as an attempt to raise money for his cash-strapped animal rescue center, Wildlife Rehabilitation of Hernando.

According to the info ticker on the streaming video of the lions in their pen, the larger lion is a two-year old female named Lea and the male is one year old named Ed. Lea was used as a cub for taking photographs, but was abandoned. (You can watch the streaming video here.)

On Tuesday morning, Jablon was onscreen saying there is no danger, and no viewers would see any aggression from the lions. He also explained his center has a Siberian tiger, many primates and other animals. The lions are not so active, because they sleep about 20 hours a day. If the lions get rough when they are playing, Jablon can retreat to a platform he built up in the trees inside their pen.

Jablon has said he isn’t using any of the $200,000 he hopes to raise online for himself. “We are just trying to help the animals. We are not driving Cadillacs, we are not wearing Nike. I shop at Walmart. Everything goes to these animals. Whatever the last dollar is, it goes to these animals.” (Source: RedOrbit.com) His annual operating expenses reportedly are about $50,000 to $75,000.

Jablon has already been in the lion pen for a few days, including sleeping nights there. He still has over three weeks to go. As to why he chose to do this, Jablon said, “I don’t know. I’m a nut…and I pick a month with 31 days–my daughter keeps reminding me.” (Source: 13wham.com)

Many animal shelters around the country have been struggling in recent times. Just last month an eight-year old girl raised over $500 for her local Humane Society.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/man-lives-with-lions-for-thirty-days.html#ixzz1AHdTW7FA
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lions / leones / lions   Lions / leones / lions Icon_minitime

Lions / leones / lions
Page 1 sur 1