Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Christian prayers before bed

AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 25233

Christian prayers before bed Empty
MessageSujet: Christian prayers before bed   Christian prayers before bed Icon_minitimeSam 4 Jan - 17:23

Prayer before sleep

Our God, I adore You and thank You for all the graces You have given me this day. I offer You my sleep and all the moments of this night, and I ask You to keep me from sin. I put myself within Your sacred side. Let Your holy angels stand about me and keep me in peace. And let Your blessing be upon me. In the Name of JESUS. Amen.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Dim 3 Jan - 17:27, édité 4 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Christian prayers before bed   Christian prayers before bed Icon_minitimeSam 4 Jan - 17:25

bedtime Prayer

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Watch, dear Lord GOD, with those who wake or watch or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend your sick ones, O Lord Jesus Christ, rest your weary ones, bless your dying ones, soothe your suffering ones, shield your joyous ones, and all for your love’s sake. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy. Amen. Pray for us, O holy Son of God, That we may be made worthy of Your promises.

Here an examination of conscience is appropriate (Act of Contrition follows)

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen.

O my God, at the end of this day I thank you most heartily for all the graces I have received from you. I am sorry that I have not made a better use of them. I am sorry for all the sins I have committed against you. Forgive me, O my God, and graciously protect me this night. Blessed Virgin Mary, my dear heavenly mother, take me under your protection. St. Joseph, my dear guardian angel, and all you Saints of God, pray for me. Sweet Jesus, have pity on all poor sinners, and save them from hell. Have mercy on the suffering souls in purgatory. Amen

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Dim 3 Jan - 17:23, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Christian prayers before bed   Christian prayers before bed Icon_minitimeSam 4 Jan - 17:27

prayers for protection

In these three prayers for protection we ask God to look after us at night as much as during the busiest parts of our day.

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight,
and give Your Angels and Saints charge over those who sleep.
Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest Your weary ones.
Bless Your dying ones.
Soothe Your suffering ones.
Pity Your afflicted ones.
Shield Your joyous ones.
And all for Your love's sake. Amen.

These two prayers suggest a similar need for our Lord’s vigilance:

Be present, O Lord GOD, and protect us through the silent hours of this night, that we who are wearied with the work and changes of this fleeting world, may rest upon Thy eternal changelessness. Amen.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Whose unwearied eye neither slumbers nor sleeps, but continually watches in defense of thy servants; take me and mine, I beseech thee, into thy protection, and grant, that whilst my body is asleep, my soul may be awake to Thee, and that I may hereafter behold Thee in that blessed and heavenly country, where thou, with the Father and the Holy Ghost, rulest eternally, and where all the angels, with the blessed saints, are citizens forever. Amen.

The first two of these three prayers remind us that our Lord JESUS invited those who are weary to “Come to me, all you who labor, and are burdened and I will give you rest” (Matt 11:28-30). Touching on the references to eternity in the second and third prayer, we can derive great comfort from knowing that Christ’s own death upon a cross couldn’t separate us from Him, for as he said after His resurrection “I am with you always” (Matt 28:20). all three of these prayers for protection bring to mind a wonderful passage from Psalm 121, meant originally to reassure those on arduous journeys that God was watching over them: “Behold, He will neither slumber nor sleep who guards Israel…the Lord shall guard your coming and going, henceforth and forever” (Ps 121:4, Cool. This comforting thought can help us sleep better at night
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Christian prayers before bed   Christian prayers before bed Icon_minitime

Christian prayers before bed
Page 1 sur 1